“A blissful retreat!”

Maya Ubud Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 days in early April. It was a treat to pamper ourselves as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. The experience exceeded our expectations. We took part in the free activities including pilates, yoga and nature walk and it boosted our well being. The trainer patiently guided us well though only 2 of us attended. Everyone greeted us warmly from the gardener to the reception. Security was observed strictly for every car that drove into the resort. The pool was serene in the midst of the foliage. The breakfast and complimentary tea was great. Overall we love Maya Ubud and hope to return one day soon...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,322)

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I am typing this one from my lovely room... And it's so great to be back!!!

Being recognised as a returning guest when checking in may sound tacky or lame, but sounds great actually.

The service, the food, the smiles, the extra mile by every single staff, the luxurious landscape, the never ending list of attributes make this hotel a gem in Ubud.

Highly recommended, top 5 favourite places to be!!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank rkiper
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was my second stay at the Maya and it was just as wonderful as the first if not more. This visit was a special one to celebrate my 50th (to avoid a party at home!) with my family and friends as well as spending our first Christmas overseas.

Having a leisurely breakfast on my birthday, I suddenly hear people singing "happy birthday" and look up to see the staff walking in singing and holding a cake lit with candles coming towards me. I assumed it was my friends who arranged this, but the reception staff had noted on check-in that my birthday was the following day and arranged it themselves. On returning to my room, a bouquet of flowers from the resort was there to greet me. I felt very humbled by this.

The staff (all levels and in all areas) are friendly, helpful and always accommodating. We enjoyed talking to them and learning about their culture and recommendations where to visit around the Ubud area.

We loved cocktail hour and talking to the bar staff who always made us feel very special (especially towards my dad (his first time overseas) and his wife first time in Bali).

The food at the Maya is spectacular and the Christmas Eve feast, OMG, was unbelievable!

I loved the early morning Yoga sessions, a great way to start the day, especially with the ever smiling instructors.

The serenity of the surroundings of the Maya add to the stay.

I'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had a lovely villa with plunge pool overlooking the valley. The environment is stunning and the pools and gardens are delightful. The daily yoga is fantastic and I highly recommend it. Back massage at the spa was magic. Staff at front desk and elsewhere are ok, but not world class. Non the less I strongly recommend this place. It is just on the edge of Ubud and you can take a hotel car into town for a few $.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Had an awesome experience. Would return anytime to get away from it all. The spa was line no other, the people were among the friendliest that I have ever met. I learned a great deal about myself. I would recommend this spa to anyone who is on a journey of self discovery.

Room Tip: I stayed in the garden villa and it was an excellent choice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

That first morning we felt like we we had woken up in paradise. It's a simply stunning location. The garden villa we were staying in was beautiful. Basic, but that is what we wanted, a quiet get-a-way. What we did have a problem with was the gecko living in the ceiling that would come out at night and we would find it's droppings on the floor. This really did freak me out! The hotel were unable to resolve this matter and unfortunately each night I was on edge. We were presented with a beautiful fruit basket as a goodwill gesture instead. The breakfasts at this hotel are amazing, an array of fresh fruit, cooked items, different breads and also Asian options. We ate dinner here once during our week but found it to be very expensive and would rather explore outside of the hotel anyway. We enjoyed a flower bath and massage, an enjoyable experience mostly due to the views from the spa, the massage wasn't anything special. What we found rather irritating was that we felt we were given the hard sell from the moment we arrived here. After flying from the UK via Doha and Singapore we were exhausted upon arrival. Rather than a quick check in we were given pictures of room upgrades to mull over for about half an hour before we were given the keys to our villa. We felt we had paid enough already for our holiday and felt this was inappropriate and inconsiderate, it did leave a bit of a bad taste to be honest. Although visually stunning I felt this hotel lacks in attention to customer needs somewhat and is almost a soulless place. But as a tranquil setting for a quiet holiday or honeymoon it is perfect. I would return to Ubud but not necessarily this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank edenrose2001
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We had a 3 days short getaway during my birthday. The resort is beautiful and quiet most of the times though there was a big incentive tour group from Europe during our check in day. We are not affected by any noise as they seemed to be out of the resort most of the day. During our last day before our checkout, the resort had another incentive group coming in again so the spa pool is very crowded for at least an hour or two before the group cleared out.
We are lucky to be able to change our initial booking of a Garden Villa to a Pool Villa (we paid for upgrade). To be honest, unless you are travelling as a family or prefer to laze in the villa, then a villa is a good choice.
The Garden Villa especially, is good for families with children as there is a big space in front of the villa for the children to run around. The pool villa basically has an additional plunge pool for you to cool down after a hot afternoon out. Other than that, all the rooms are the same.
We viewed a few villas and in the end, we decided on a Pool Villa as a Garden Villa did not impress us as much with the river view we asked for. Perhaps the rice terrace view would be better for a Garden Villa.
Though our pool villa is right besides the main pool, it is still pretty quiet and the
guests cannot peek into the villa from the main pool. However, d river view is not really a river view. The river is kind of blocked by the trees and all. Perhaps the rice terrace view would be a better deal but privacy would be compromised.
I think the regular rooms at the hotel wing would provide a much better view of the surrounding area. There is 3 floors which provides a great view to the rice terraces and river view. We did not get to see the rooms there so we cannot comment on the layout. We also get to see the Presidential Villa which is amazing. You would have a villa with 2 rooms and a big pool in your villa, all by yourselves. The view is beautiful from the villa too. You can consider this option if you are traveling with 2 families.
There are definitely pros and cons about all the different rooms/villas. However, if you have a chance, do come to Maya Ubud for a getaway, you will not regret it.
Go try the spa if you can cos' the setting of the spa is beautiful and we absolutely enjoy our River Escape session.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Xiaomei44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
The Kayon Resort
Komaneka at Bisma
Komaneka at Bisma
#17 of 200 in Ubud
Komaneka at Rasa Sayang

Been to Maya Ubud Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!