“Katyb”

Maya Ubud Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This resort blew our minds!!!
This was our first trip to Bali and what a first impression. It looked fantastic online but in reality is was even better. The setting was heaven on earth and from the movie we arrived we felt welcomed and our stress slipped away. The riverside Cafe was outstanding and extremely reasonable for the quality of food delivers. Both pools were gorgeous and I have never experienced such attentive service in any hotel/resort.
We choose to particpate in some of the free activities the resort offer and they were wonderful. The yoga for beginners class each morning was the ultimate great start to the day with knowledgeable instructs who catered for varying skill levels. The song was absolutely serene. Our nature walk with Meta was informative and we entertaining. The staff at Maya delivered the highest quality of customer service you could ask for.
And...The free daily breakfast was a foodies delight, with an extensive array of tropical fruit, savory and sweet options, delightful fresh juices and pastries.
The villa was soaps and well appointed worth a bed and linen to send we even the worst of sleepers into a deep blissful sleep. Each morning we awoke refreshed and delighted by our garden view
We can not recommend Maya Ubud Resort highly enough. This is a truly luxurious accommodation well deserving of its 4+ stars. We will definitely be back. Thank you all at Maya for making our stay so fantastic.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank katiebreeze
Write a ReviewReviews (2,291)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was my first trip to Bali and I was expecting to do a lot of sightseeing and visit all sorts of touristy areas... that was, before I got to Maya Ubud.

Maybe it was the heat, our early morning arrival, or the long ride from the airport, but once we got to the hotel and the staff offered us the multi-colored welcome drink, my family and I just didn't want to leave.

The resort is huge and gorgeous without being monstrous and tacky. It was contemporary and still had the cultural charm.

My family and I were brought to two villas via golfcart. You need to climb a few steps to each villa proper. They were also surrounded by tall plants to maintain privacy. Inside, they were spacious lovely residences with a unique silver/metal tub which I later found out filled up rather quickly despite the size. We noticed, however, that the door was hard to lock and that the airconditioning was a bit troublesome. There were a couple of times when the power went out too. We had an extra bed installed in the room too. The bed was installed where a couch should have been. The couch, homeless now, was left outside in the villa garden, under the sun and drizzling weather. Meanwhile, what would have been a four-poster king/queen size bed was replaced with two single beds for my sister and I. That was interesting since this was the first time we had experienced that service at a hotel/resort.

It was quite a walk away from the lobby and restaurant however, so if you're not much for walking more than a couple of minutes, you'd better call for the shuttle service. The shuttle was small though, so with our things, sometimes we wouldn't fit all at the same time. In fact, the gym, the pools, the waterfall, the restaurants, the rooms are all quite far away from each other, so do watch out for that. With the weather so humid, it was exhausting just being outside. I'm sure rainy weather will garner you a worse experience.

There are two pools in the resort and both offer excellent views of the forest.

The restaurant at the farthest end of the resort and next to the spa and pool offers healthy food choices. They were delightfully light. Juices and shakes were also quite heavenly (though I might be biased because it was so humid when we were there).

The resort was also so quiet, even at the pool. There weren't any kids around and, despite the kiddie-pool, it was like the resort was too peaceful a place to cater to kids. (I did spot a couple of babies but even they were quiet). Could the place be that hypnotizingly peaceful?

The breakfast buffet offered both international and local cuisine. I should mention that there was an egg station but the chef didn't really know how to make a softboiled egg, to my mom's dismay. (To be fair, I haven't had too many hotels that know how to cook softboiled egg.)

They offer free activities like yoga in the morning too. Those were fun but I advise guests to be there early to save a place.

The resort offers a free shuttle service to the market area which was also a destination shoppers and craft/art enthusiasts would love. I managed to grab myself unique beaded slippers while I was there. The music shops were also place to visit. The usual local products you'd find are soaps and sculptures and resortwear. Don't forget to haggle. I was cheated to overpaying a couple of times. You win some, you lose some.

There's a river/waterfall area that you can visit inside the resort. It's nearer the front of the resort, at the end of the stretch of villas. The stairs are steep and can be slippery so I wouldn't recommend it to weak climbers. It's quite a hike down (and back up!). The forest is more of a view than the waterfall and the bathhouse really, so if you're wondering whether it's worth it... well, you won't miss much.

I wouldn't advise families with young children to travel there since the kids might not appreciate it as much as adults would. Otherwise, Maya Ubud is definitely a place I would like to go back to.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We love the Maya Ubud! We were after relaxation and that's exactly what we got! This hotel is a luxury retreat where you can't help but unwind. The grounds and pool areas are amazing, and the spa facilities are fantastic. You can't help but relax while having a spa treatment next to the river. The staff at the Maya Ubud are the most attentive staff we have ever experienced at a hotel. Nothing is too much for them and they are always so happy and friendly. Thank you Maya Ubud, your staff made our stay so memorable. We hope we will be able to return soon and have already recommended the Maya Ubud to numerous friends as it is by far the best hotel we have ever stayed in. Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed in the garden villa which enabled us to enjoy private time outside enjoying the surroundin...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here quite a few years back and loved the place. Have since recommended it to friends and they have all loved it too. From the moment we arrived we were awestruck, and the ground only got more impressive, especially the lift down to the infinity pool by the river.. The breakfast was wonderful, covering many cuisines. The restaurant was lovely and dinner was amazing.

Room Tip: We were in the main hotel, room was lovely, with a garden view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pauldb65
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Me and my two Japanese colleagues stayed only one night at this hotel yet three of us concluded that this hotel provides best experience to its customers. Starting from when We arrived at Ngurah Rai airport, the hotel pick-up service delivered us to within an hour or two to the hotel lobby. Then before we checked in, they served us with a really fresh welcome drink. Once we checked in, we entered the room which ambience and temperature are perfect. Not forgetting the swimming pool, it's not so big but it looks like a jelly pond you can spend the rest of your day at. During the night, Maya Ubud shows Barong dance performance while you are having your cocktail and dinner. Next day in the morning, we walked around the paddy field with a very friendly guide coming from Singaraja. After that, we also took the bicycle course also arranged by this hotel. I may say that this hotel gave me best experience in Bali that other hotel may not be able to give. Highly recommend this hotel and even I am looking forward to seeing my next chance to stay there again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Probably the best hotel I've ever stayed at!

The grounds are absolutely mind blowing. The care taken in keeping then beautiful is amazing!

Rooms are pretty basic.. But they are clean and spacious! The balcony is also a great way to enjoy a beverage overlooking the grounds

Probably mine and parters favourite part is the breakfast! Seriously the most amazing Buffett ever!

The pools are relaxing... The nasi is a must!

One let down is due to location the shuttle bus doesn't run for free after 4. This is a little annoying as many other hotels offer this service at night free of charge!

None the less.. An amazing place!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Emily T
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had a really great time at Maya Ubud. The staff is really friendly and very helpful, always making sure that you are having a nice stay with them.
We had a 3 days/2 nights package including a pick-up in Seminyak, a massage, a 4-hour tour and an Asian dinner. We absolutely loved it all.
Maybe the 4-hour tour was a bit too much of driving to our taste, but we'd cycled the rice fields while in Ubud which makes it an unforgettable travel destination!
Also the Asian dinner wasn't quite Asian but we had delightful Indonesian food the next day to cover up our disappointment. So nice!!
Thank you Ada and all the team for the wonderful stay we had. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Get yourself a villa if you can, away from the main restaurant area
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
Kamandalu Ubud
1 mi away
Alaya Resort Ubud
Alaya Resort Ubud
#44 of 199 in Ubud

Been to Maya Ubud Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!