“Great stay with amazing spa”

Maya Ubud Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon and had a great time. We had the honeymoon package and could not fault anything throughout our whole stay. The staff were polite and helped us to book our onward travel but the main thing about this place is the grounds. The pool villa we stayed in was lovely and was also private. The spa area is a short walk through the grounds and is very peaceful facing onto the river below which you can hear as you have your massage - great relaxation. The pool areas are also nice and so would recommend to anyone.
Ubud is a short journey away. We were diassapointed with Ubud as it was not the romantic artistic mekka as portrayed by the lonely planet but the Maya hotel was great.

Room Tip: Go for a pool villa, you wont be dissapointed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,291)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and me were on aur annual Anniversary break.We chose Maya in Ubud..it was our first time to Bali.We stayed there for two nights as we wanted to get a feel of a beach property in Seminyak for the other 2 nights we were travelling.
The property is nice as it gives you a feel of the rice fields and the jungle from the spa and the riverside cafe.
We chose a pool villa facing the rice fields.The villa was nice but not what is expected for the amount you pay..the pool is small but gives you the privacy as there are big plants surrounding it.
One gets a view of the rice fields from the bed also , but there is no intrusion on the privacy of the villa.I would say the villa was comfortable ..only the bathroom is kind of dark ..and the beds are high.
After rafting for two hours in the river and climbing up and down the hill to the river....it was painful to climb the high bed.....but i guess thats how it is in bali.
The staff is very nice and helpfull and polite.Except once when leaving we requested the buggy driver to take our picture outside our villa ...he was talking to the gardner and other staff in balinese which seemed as if he was talking about us and made us feel uncomfortable.
The rest of the staff is really wonderful.
Food is good with very limited options for vegetarians at breakfast.We even had dinner once in the property which was really nice.
There are ample options outside and one can take the hotel shuttle to the center .
We did the couple spa on our anniversary day right after the rafting trip ...it was so totally worth.

Room Tip: We stayed in villa 705 which was facing the ricefields....it was a nice and quite villa ..you could...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rsanghi
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It has been two weeks since we left Bali and came back to Sweden - and how we miss it!
We stayed in two resorts - five days at Maya Ubud and nine days in Jimbaran. Two completely different experiences! If I start from the end of our stay at Maya - we felt quite anxious when we first arrived at Jimbaran - it was hard to leave such a beautiful resort.

From the start: When we arrived at Maya we got a cold drink and refreshing towel and were swiftly taken to our deluxe pool villa. It was very nice indeed! Green jungle entirely surrounds the private garden giving total privacy. Both the interior and exterior is traditional yet modern and very comfortable. Cleaning and turn down service is perfect!

We had the same routine every morning starting with workout at the gym at 6, yoga at 7 and breakfast at 8. The gym is modern and well equipped. The daily yoga session was very good since there is a new instructor every day of the week which means good variation. The yoga studio is amazing since there are no walls so you hear all the jungle sounds while practicing.

The breakfast buffet is huge and there is a good selection of fresh fruit cut up on spot by friendly staff, as well as eggs any way you want them, A tip is to reserve one of the tables on "the balcony" - the view of the jungle is spectacular!

After breakfast we spent a couple of ours by the infinity pool near the main restaurant. The best spot for sunbathing are the two sunbeds furthest away on the right side - there's always sun, the view of the valley is beautiful and the sound of the water running over the infinity edge is relaxing.

Everyday we had lunch at the excellent River Spa Café - a suggestion from us to management is to market this superb restaurant more in the main buildings and guest rooms. It is truly one of the tastiest and most healthy lunches we've had!

The spa right next to is... hard to describe in words. The settings surrounding the spa pavilions are absolutely amazing - no walls, the sound of the river and djungle, beautifully landscaped gardens and that special Bali spa fragrance! We tried a couple of treatments - foot treatment, facial, oxygen special, massage and body wrap. They were all top-notch!

For dinner all restaurants are good, but I can especially recommend ordering four or five different starters at Maya Sari Asiatique for a couple to share - they are all delicious! There are also high quality buffets with a good selection of Asian and Western food a couple of evenings per week. But oh, don't forget the complimentary Afternoon Tea and Happy Hour at the bar before dinner!

We were actually so busy relaxing and taking in the beautiful tropical environment that we never left resort until the day of check-out (which by the way was very efficient!).

One last thing, the service is truly excellent! Probably the best I have experience so far. Without exception all the staff were very friend and helpful and quickly learned our names, where we preferred to sit and what we liked to drink.

We can truly recommend Maya Ubud to everyone planning (or not yet planning) to travel to Bali!

Room Tip: For total relaxation and privacy, select a Deluxe Pool Villa.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher Ö
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lovely location 10mins drive from Ubud. Rooms spacious and with 2 balconies - however we couldn't use ours as we were on the ground floor so plagued by insects. We had a problem with ants in the room. we had a spare bed in our room and it was still big. Gym and yoga class was a plus, good machines and beautiful view from gym. Pool looked good but was always empty as its freezing. I would say not suitable for kids unsupervised as the hotel has lots of slippery high paths above a river. Spa restaurant excellent but kids not allowed. Breakfast and afternoon tea were included in our rate and both were poor- a real let down for a 5 star hotel. The hotel has an in house dinner and dance show - don't go, the show is good but it's over-priced and the meal is poor. Apparently the hotel had free wifi but we had no signal ever in our rooms.

Room Tip: Not ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was lucky enough to spend 8 glorious days at the Maya recently on a Spiritual Journey package. My private yoga sessions with Arif were wonderful for the body and nurturing for the mind...his gentle words of comfort and insight will remain with me always. Dasra at the front desk looked after me so well and no request was too much trouble for him. Each morning the beautiful smile of Dewi (?) greeted me by name, and the food, well, it was tasty, freshly prepared and beautifully presented. I had several meals at the River Cafe and they were all yummy and so nutritious. Ayu at the spa gave heavenly massages as 3 separate spas sessions were included in the package. All the staff were friendly and professional. My room on the 3rd floor of the East wing was spotless and the king size bed was divine. The shuttle service was excellent and as a solo female traveller I always felt safe. Also included in the package was the return airport transfers and the drivers were excellent. I have raved about the staff because I feel they made my time special. The glorious surrounds speak for themselves and the close proximity to the town made it easy to venture out of the comforting cocoon of the resort. I hope I am fortunate enough to be able to revisit this glorious part of the world.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor in the East wing and it was quiet yet close to everything.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2014

What can I say about this resort other than I'll be back. As a single female traveller I was well looked after by the staff. They made an effort to talk to me every day and made me feel so welcome. The facilities are spectacular! You may pay a little more but the ambience and aesthetics of the place is lovely. Massages, Balinese cooking class (fantastic and well worth the money), rice paddy field walk, yoga in the mornings, free arvo tea, happy hour and the food all fantastic! The little extras in the rooms - bottled water, fruit platter and small arvo tea when you return from a day out. The pools - terrific. I highly recommend this resort and will be returning. Thank you so much Maya Ubud for the relaxing holiday I needed!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I arrived with my husband to this hotel to attend a conference, but I did not expect a restful get away even with the meeting in between. We got upgraded to the garden villa. It's a little hut with a living are and a nice bath tub big enough for two. The bed was inviting and very comfortable, the room has air-conditioning and also a ceiling fan just in case the night got too cool. The breakfast has a wide selection & you could order a café latte or cappuccino, I liked my tea thick so I ordered Ceylon tea with 2 tea bags!! LOL. We stayed for 3 nights, 1st nite was in room service, the delivery was quick and hot food. The 2nd night was a Saturday nite, it was a dinner with a Balinese Dance performance. The performance was really good but I cant say the same about the food. It was a very poor attempt of Thai cuisine. On the 3rd nite, we decided to try the teppanyaki & we were not disappointed, we were well entertained by the chef with his juggling act of pepper & salt shakers & the clinging of the fork & knife. On the Sunday morning, my husband & I ventured on the nature walk path on our own, we took about 1 hour to complete the route & really enjoyed the waterfall, the trees & plenty of Skink( lizard), harmless. The path is made up of steps & stone pathways. I recommend proper footwear as the steps nearer the waterfall is slimy & slippery. I spent 2 hours at the spa; I tried the massage, scrub & bath. I recommend only the massage. I almost screamed in shock when the therapist applied the cold scrub & yogurt on my body. It was not comfortable for me. The flower bath was nice. Make your appointment before 5pm. I was there from 5-7pm, it was nice when there was day light, it was very dark by 6.30pm & the insects were attracted to the lights in the room. I had to get out of my bath earlier than I liked. We had to leave early the next morning to Kuta for another meeting, the checkout was speedy and the taxi was already waiting for us. So I would come back & spend more days here & would sign up for more programs like the cycling and yoga.

Room Tip: We booked the deluxe room with a balcony because i was there to attend a meeting, but the upgraded u...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
Kamandalu Ubud
1 mi away
Alaya Resort Ubud
Alaya Resort Ubud
#45 of 199 in Ubud

Been to Maya Ubud Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!