This hotel is really beautiful. The garden is amazing. Wherever you are in the hotel, the view is stunning. Service is efficient and everyone is kind and smiling. The front desk staff is top notch. They remember your name from the very first day. We had a room, which is the cheapest kind of accomodation in the hotel, and it was quite big and nicely furnished. The bathroom was a bit tired but nothing to worry about.
Coud be improved :
- breakfast was ok but lacked some diversity. Only eggs were made to order. Pancakes, waffels and french toasts were made in advance, so the last two were a bit dry and chewy. Only one of those three items was available, depending on the day. No birscher muesli, no low fat milk or low fat yogourt. No cheese except some kind of emmental. Nice selection of fruit juices.
- no shuttle bus to Ubud center after 5PM, so you have to ask for a taxi
- daily complementary activities : yoga is only available once a day at 7:30AM, so you never get a chance to try it if you want to rest a bit in the morning.... unless you go for private lessons. They should schedule lessons late in the morning and in the afternoon too. Also they could organize the lessons in one of the many beautiful places of the property instead of doing it on concrete next to the tennis court.
- pools : the two pools are very nice but small. Forget about doing lengths. Most of the time, there are few guests and it is great but it is crowed very quickly (I think there are only 16 lounge chairs around the main pool and 12 around the spa pool) and some days, some people were putting their towel on the floor as there was no seat left. You could see people coming back from the spa pool with a unhappy red face (it's quite a walk to go down there under the sun) and you knew they could'nt get a lounge chair there. A third pool, maybe halfway between the two others, would be nice.
- small golf and tennis court : should be complementary for the guests
- Expensive spa, even compared to western countries
- no free wi-fi, no internet in the room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury resort located in the central of Bali, between the river valley and rice terraces of Ubud. Rooms and villas with all the comfort and conveniences you would expect. An ideal choice for those looking for luxurious facilities, peace and tranquility in beautiful surroundings with personalized service and excellent food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maya Ubud Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Ubud Resort And Spa
- Maya Ubud Hotel Ubud