We stayed at the Tepi Sawah with our children, ages 22 and 26, beginning May 26, 2011, for 5 nights. We had two rooms in the Batuan section, one was upstairs and one downstairs. The price was extremely reasonable and we felt as if we were in a 5 star hotel for the entire visit. The rooms were very large, clean, and the beds very comfortable. The bathrooms were luxurious! Maids came several times a day to clean and in the evening to light insect repellent on the outdoor porches. Laundry service was fast, economical and good quality.
My son described the breakfast as the best he had ever seen. It was not a giant buffet but instead was a made to order either American breakfast with all the trimmings or traditional Balinese. Note--authentic Bali coffee is made with the grounds thrown in the cup so don't drink it down to the last drop! The pool is really exquisitely decorated with statues as are all of the grounds. There are fresh flowers everywhere. The restaurant is recognized as one of the best in Ubud and people come from other hotels to eat lunch or dinner here. The restaurant prices are very reasonable as well.
The free shuttle to the other tourist areas in Ubud was a very nice touch. We especially enjoyed the stores and giant local market (plan on bargaining everywhere) on Monkey Forest Road. And of course don't miss the actual Monkey Forest with 300 macaque monkeys! Our children took the shuttle to a spa. And, our favorite restaurant, Ibu Rai on Monkey Forest Rd. was always happy to call the shuttle for us. For an extra price we were picked up and dropped off at the airport.
Besides enjoying Ubud itself we hired a van on several occasions to visit places nearby. Our children spent a day rafting on the river. And we all enjoyed the "Bali Outdoor" walking tour of a real Balinese village.
In short we enjoyed Bali and much of that enjoyment was enhanced by our stay at the Tepi Sawah.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas is located south east of ubud, about 2 km to the citi center, and 27 km from the international Denpasar Ngurah Rai Airport.25 units exclusive luxury villas, mix design of traditional with modern touch facing to the rice field and beautiful tropical garden view.Free shuttle service to ubud citi center at anytime from 9am until 10pm, provide you with 2 public big swimming pool, arts gallery, spa, and the most famous restaurant of Bebek Tepi Sawah Restaurant and the Crispy Duck menu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tepi Sawah Villas Hotel Ubud
- Tepi Sawah Villas And Spa
- Tepi Sawah Hotel
- Tepi Sawah Resort