The location of Tepi Sawah is ideal - it is away from any hustle and bustle, and really has a secluded resort feeling. Travelling to Ubud centre couldn't be easier, we never had to wait longer than 10mins for the free shuttle into town, and the drivers were happy to take you where ever you like.
We stayed in a Batuan villa for 5 nights, and were not ready to leave!
The villa is spacious, with beautiful traditional touches, especially the thatched roof and stone carvings on the large balcony. This was one of the nicest features and we enjoyed spending our time relaxing on the outdoor day-bed and watching the sunset or eating our dinner.
Service was excellent in almost all facets of our stay, from housekeeping to management and restaurant.
One of the standout features at Tepi Sawah is the breakfasts; you have an extensive menu with choices of american, indonesian, continental, all served with amazing fresh juices, and the breakfasts are very generous - we usually wouldn't need lunch.
There were some renovations occurring outside our room during our stay, but they were surprisingly not very interruptive, and it was nice to wave to the local workers each morning as we left the villa.
Apart from this, the gardens of the grounds and the pool area are all delightful.
Bebek Tepi Sawah is the restaurant attached to the hotel and is one of the most popular restaurants in Ubud, for good reason. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food, and there are charming platforms dotted throughout the restaurant grounds and lily ponds for a romantic dinner or lunch.
My only complaint would be that internet access is not available in the rooms, only available in the lobby - and 9 times out of 10 it was not working during our stay. We were advised they would be trying to add wifi access to the rooms soon.
However, this is not a big deal as there are many internet cafes only a 10 minute drive away in Ubud centre, so was only a small inconvenience.
For spas in Ubud, we can highly recommend "Jaens Spa" on Jln Raya Pengosekan. Beautiful massages and excellent prices.
A special thank you to the shuttle driver who took care of me when I dropped my scooter and sprained my wrist - he ferried me to the local clinic, than the hospital for x-rays, and back to town - all the while happily chatting and giving me a great Bahasa lesson - fantastic and genuinely friendly service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas is located south east of ubud, about 2 km to the citi center, and 27 km from the international Denpasar Ngurah Rai Airport.25 units exclusive luxury villas, mix design of traditional with modern touch facing to the rice field and beautiful tropical garden view.Free shuttle service to ubud citi center at anytime from 9am until 10pm, provide you with 2 public big swimming pool, arts gallery, spa, and the most famous restaurant of Bebek Tepi Sawah Restaurant and the Crispy Duck menu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tepi Sawah Villas Hotel Ubud
- Tepi Sawah Villas And Spa
- Tepi Sawah Hotel
- Tepi Sawah Resort