I have noticed Tepi Sawah slipping in the TA rankings (#43), so thought I'd check it out and do another review as we have not stayed here for over a year. We are here now for our 4th visit. All I can say is that it is better than ever and while I know that TA tries to keep their reviews genuine you DO have to read the reviews because I'm sure some get through.
The Peliatan suite for US$135 per nite is sensational, only $35 extra from the usual rooms. You get a giant room, huge private garden with day bed, giant spa, giant room, and a bathroom that would fit a whole family in. But I can't portray the wonderful Balinese feel of either the suite or the grounds itself except that is is truly Balinese in the best possible way. If this were in Kuta or Seminyak you'd be paying $400+.
As for the restaurant I also noted some negative reviews. We are real foodies and to be sure Bridges in Ubud is our favourite in Bali, but the attached restaurant to Tepi Sawah is very popular and was booked out (100+seats) for lunch by mostly locals. So, (sherlock holmes here) we deduced that we should order the local fare that night. Yep it was out of this world so I guess give the western food a miss. On the inside cover of the menu are two signature dishes: Smoked duck Bali/sambal style and smoked chicken Bali/sambal style. Go no further, these are as good as anything you will get in Bali. Note however the sambal sauces on the side are very hot, but tasty so take care with them. We will walk back there tonight and order exactly those same dishes so no point commenting on the other offerings on the menu, though in past years we have had some and they ranged from OK to good. Sometimes it's not where you eat but what you order!
Also for breakfast their banana pancakes on the "Tepi Sawah" menu are superb so we haven't tried the western food. When in Rome.....
Bottom line is that the Tepi Sawah is our equal favourite resort in Asia along with the Montra In Koh Samui, Thailand, for local style accommodation with space, luxury, laid back service, quiet and good food. As traditional Balinese culture lovers we would not trade our stay at Tepi Sawah for any 5 star-on-the-beach. (Yes we've tried a few over the years).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas is located south east of ubud, about 2 km to the citi center, and 27 km from the international Denpasar Ngurah Rai Airport.25 units exclusive luxury villas, mix design of traditional with modern touch facing to the rice field and beautiful tropical garden view.Free shuttle service to ubud citi center at anytime from 9am until 10pm, provide you with 2 public big swimming pool, arts gallery, spa, and the most famous restaurant of Bebek Tepi Sawah Restaurant and the Crispy Duck menu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tepi Sawah Villas Hotel Ubud
- Tepi Sawah Villas And Spa
- Tepi Sawah Hotel
- Tepi Sawah Resort