This March at the height of the World Financial Crisis I decided to find a good investment for saved money and invested them into my trip to Bali. Having carefully learnt about all areas of Bali, I came to the conclusion that Ubud is the most suitable place for me. So I start looking for a small villa hotel and run across Tepi Sawah hotel. The translation from Balinese is <behind the rice field>. We spent there 10 nights and I must tell you I was highly pleased though I am a very hard-to-please customer. So let me share with you my impression:
The hotel is located in a very quiet area at about 10 min drive from the center of Ubud. It is built in truly Balinese style. It has beautiful garden and pool. The service is perfect. Staff is very very friendly and attentive to you. They all remembered my name what I find to be a good thing. I mentioned above that the hotel is located a little far from centre, actually you will never experience a problem with it because there is a free shuttle service to Ubud and its areas from 9.00 till 22.00.
We stayed at Padang Tegal upper room. It has enough space, beautiful balcony with garden view. Its marble bathroom also deserves attention. The room is perfectly cleaned twice a day. There were some disadvantages but they did not spoil the positive impression. Curtains and bed curtains were dirty and full of dead insects of many species. There was no satellite television. Of course I came there not to watch TV, but without Euronews, BBC or Deutsche Welle it was difficult for me as I used to be always well informed about the current situation in the world even being on vacation.
Also I was little disappointed with breakfast. It is how to say very poor for a man like me, and the variety is also small: American breakfast (Eggs, Toasts, Ham, Tea, Juice), Indonesian (rice, noodles) but for me it was impossible to eat such kind of food in the morning, and Tepi Sawah style (fried bananas and cornflakes). As I stayed there for 10 days, I could not now even look on eggs, ham, bananas and cornflakes) Anyway, it could be more various.
So this hotel is a perfect place for a honeymoon, calm pastime, spa, relax. I would definitely advise it to my friends. Moreover, I will spend there my honeymoon next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas is located south east of ubud, about 2 km to the citi center, and 27 km from the international Denpasar Ngurah Rai Airport.25 units exclusive luxury villas, mix design of traditional with modern touch facing to the rice field and beautiful tropical garden view.Free shuttle service to ubud citi center at anytime from 9am until 10pm, provide you with 2 public big swimming pool, arts gallery, spa, and the most famous restaurant of Bebek Tepi Sawah Restaurant and the Crispy Duck menu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tepi Sawah Villas And Spa
- Tepi Sawah Villas Hotel Ubud
- Tepi Sawah Hotel
- Tepi Sawah Resort