This was my second stay at Tepi Saway (it has since been renamed Bebek Tepi Sawah - translation ducks by the rice paddy). I was a little worried that I had remembered this place as more beautiful than it really was, but as soon as I arrived I realised that it was even better than before.
The first night I was upgraded to the Campuhan Villa - a large villa with a 4 poster bed, an outside shower and an outdoor daybed - divine. For the rest of my stay I was in a Batuan. I like these rooms as they have a view over the rice paddies. The upstairs rooms have a 4 poster bed, downstairs is twin beds (or twins moved together to make a King).
I'll use point form (or I'd go on forever). I love this place because:
- It has atmosphere and charachter. It is a traditional looking place with beautiful Balinese architecture and beautful gardens
- It is off the beaten track of Ubud central. You can hear roosters and ducks in the rice paddies. The hotel provides a shuttle in and out of Ubud central (10 mins away)
- The restaurant food is very good - even tourists not staying in the hotel visit for meals! Since I was last here they've added pavillions outside of the restaurant so you can have a private meal litterally on the rice field. The rest of the restaurant is all open - no walls.
- The staff are ALL lovely! There are only 16 villas so the staff are attentive and friendly
- Try the banana pancakes for breakfast - yummy
I recommend this hotel for people looking for something more traditional and peaceful, and willing to stay a little out of Ubud Central.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas is located south east of ubud, about 2 km to the citi center, and 27 km from the international Denpasar Ngurah Rai Airport.25 units exclusive luxury villas, mix design of traditional with modern touch facing to the rice field and beautiful tropical garden view.Free shuttle service to ubud citi center at anytime from 9am until 10pm, provide you with 2 public big swimming pool, arts gallery, spa, and the most famous restaurant of Bebek Tepi Sawah Restaurant and the Crispy Duck menu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tepi Sawah Villas And Spa
- Tepi Sawah Villas Hotel Ubud
- Tepi Sawah Hotel
- Tepi Sawah Resort