“Loved Tepi Sawah Villas”

Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Brisbane, Australia
“Loved Tepi Sawah Villas”
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We have just returned from Bali and loved Tepi Sawah Villas. The villas were great value for money, very private, very clean and well appointed. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. The breakfasts were great, the best we had in our two weeks in Malaysia and Indonesia. Our friends stayed in a Ubud Villa, it was large and the bathroom was awesome. We stayed in a Batuan Villa, the bathroom was not as good as the Ubud Villa but the unit was still very nicely appointed and great value for money. Tepi awah is a little way out of town, but the free shuttle service makes it very convenient. Ubud is a lovely place to stay, without the hustle and bustle of Kuta or Seminyak.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
Reviewed 18 October 2010

This was my second stay at Tepi Saway (it has since been renamed Bebek Tepi Sawah - translation ducks by the rice paddy). I was a little worried that I had remembered this place as more beautiful than it really was, but as soon as I arrived I realised that it was even better than before.

The first night I was upgraded to the Campuhan Villa - a large villa with a 4 poster bed, an outside shower and an outdoor daybed - divine. For the rest of my stay I was in a Batuan. I like these rooms as they have a view over the rice paddies. The upstairs rooms have a 4 poster bed, downstairs is twin beds (or twins moved together to make a King).

I'll use point form (or I'd go on forever). I love this place because:
- It has atmosphere and charachter. It is a traditional looking place with beautiful Balinese architecture and beautful gardens
- It is off the beaten track of Ubud central. You can hear roosters and ducks in the rice paddies. The hotel provides a shuttle in and out of Ubud central (10 mins away)
- The restaurant food is very good - even tourists not staying in the hotel visit for meals! Since I was last here they've added pavillions outside of the restaurant so you can have a private meal litterally on the rice field. The rest of the restaurant is all open - no walls.
- The staff are ALL lovely! There are only 16 villas so the staff are attentive and friendly
- Try the banana pancakes for breakfast - yummy

I recommend this hotel for people looking for something more traditional and peaceful, and willing to stay a little out of Ubud Central.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Millbrae, California
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Tepi Sawah is such a gem around Ubud. We stayed there for one week and enjoyed every minute. The staff is very friendly and wiling to help with any request. The view from our room was splendid. The pool area is very beautiful and relaxing. We liked the fact that it is not a large hotel with tons of people. It gave us the feeling to be well taken care of. The location was a bit of a concern when we booked, but once there we realized that the staff is very accommodating and willing to take us around anytime. I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a relaxing experience.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This hotel sits in Ubud - away from the beaches and most of the nightlife in Bali. Ubud is known as an artsy village and this hotel is the perfect complement. It sits next to a rice terrace and has amazing views. it is quiet and relaxing; the breakfast is amazing. The staff is great - we got a free upgrade since a better room was not being used. The room itself was exquisite - the shower was a thing to behold. It fit in seamlessly with its surroundings. I would not hesistate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 October 2010

We LOVED this place! Probably helped by the fact we were upgraded to a villa- but regardless, Tepi Sawah is great value, gorgeous grounds & swimming pool, friendly staff & very chilled.

Our room was a delight with a massive 4 poster bed, lounge area & big half-outdoor bathroom. The breakfast is great; we also ate at the restaurant & it was good too.

They operate a free shuttle into town & also come & collect you so we found it great to be a little away from the hustle & bustle of Ubud (it's a 10min drive into the main street/ Monkey Forest Rd area).

• Stayed October 2010
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We really enjoyed our stay here although its quite far out of town. There is a free shuttle back and forth which is good on the way from the hotel into Ubud, but it can be a bit difficult to organise a pickup from town. However the room's are massive and very beautiful, the retsaurant/ pool are lovely and the views are incredible. Staff were lovely and really helpful, and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 10 September 2010

After spendng a week in Nusa Dua I transferred to Ubud, upon arrival the staff were very friendly and efficient. I was taken to my room which was very nice but unfortunately after specifically requesting via email that I have a 'room with a view' my 'room with a view' turned out to be a concrete courtyard. This is not what I had requested or expected at all. I asked to be moved and was told that there were no upstairs rooms available. Needless to say I don't believe that the rooms upstairs displayed the views that are shown on the hotel's website either. I have a friend who has been living in Bali for 15 years and asked her to come to the hotel to see if I was being unreasonable and she agreed with me, nice room but not what I had been led to believe from their website and various emails to the hotel and no sense of the true Ubud or what travellers come to Ubud to experience. After nasty negotiations I was allowed to leave the hotel and I booked into the Hotel Tjampuhan which I can say was the true Ubud experience.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
KajaNe Mua Private Villa & Mansion
#42 of 198 in Ubud
Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa
KajaNe Yangloni Private Boutique Health & Leisure Centre

Been to Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!