“Paradise”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Helsinki, Finland
“Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

The service, surroundings, room (we stayed in Ubud villa) swimming pool, food...all simply stunning, this place is paradise on earth. I think all is said in the previous reviews, which surely tell the truth.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

2 big thumbs up for this villa/hotel complex in Ubud. We had 4 nights booked over New Years and we actually extended it an extra day because we were having such a great time here. The room was wonderful and the hotel had just the right touch of attention to details. They serviced the room twice each day and we watched as the gardener plucked fresh flowers which he distributed throughout the property and in each guest room.
The rooms are really spacious and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was huge. The wifi was free but didn't work so well inside our bedroom. It was better in the common areas.
Breakfast was included in the price which was really reasonable.
It's true that it's a bit of a distance from town but my husband and I really like to get walks in wherever we can. In the daytime we got to the centre of Ubud by foot and then used the hotel shuttle in the evenings. There is a great and cheap laundry service just across the road and the art museum just a short walk down the road.
I found Tepi Sawah to be a perfect retreat from the tourist focus of Ubud center. The staff were a perfect balance of courteous and fun to be with. I'd stay here again in a heatbeat!

PJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

We had 2 rooms: Batuan & Taman villas - both lovely, one on the ground floor (with less of a view) and the other upstairs (overlooking the swimming pool). Huge bathroom.
Just walking around the place made us snap-happy with our cameras - the gardens are lovely and look so natural.
The restaurant is quite good.
Best of all, the service of the staff was great - and the free transfer to any part of Ubud was so useful.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

The hotel has a lovely restaurant which caters for the public and is quite popular. It has lovely private pavilions where you sit on the floor, set in nice gardens overlooking some rice patties. The staff are plentiful and have a good comprehension of English and are very helpful.
We stayed in Taman villa, which was up high and had a lovely balcony and overlooked the pool. There is a separate small restaurant for inhouse guests that served breakfast, and also dinner. Included in the stay was an afternoon tea for two, which consisted of spring rolls and a cup of tea or coffee.
I really want to mention how great the staff were. Everytime we rang someone came to our needs quickly and efficiently. They have a driver that will take you into Ubud centre and pick up up whenever you wish. Which is great if you want to go into Ubud for dinner and drinks or shopping.

The hotel organized mopeds for us to hire at 50000 irp a day ($5) and rode up to Mt Batur and to Checking (rice patties) which was fantastic!
We really didnt want to leave.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

We have just returned from staying at the 'Tepi Sawah' a truly relaxing oasis in Ubud. I can't speak highly enough about the staff, who were always there to help and assist you in any way. Food in the resturant was of a high standard. Our room was spacious with its own privaye balcony. As it is not within walking distance to shops and Ubud center a shuttle bus (car) is provided and we found this very convenient. They are in the process of building 12 new villas with new pool. So a tip from us is to ask for a new villa with rice field views, and if you do not like stairs ask for a ground floor villa.
Thankyou Norman, Made, Koman, Wayan (drivers 1 & 2) & Wayan (breakfast)

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

I love the Tepi Sawah! I was in Indonesia for 2 weeks and this was the best hotel I stayed at. Even if you don't stay here, come for food and enjoy the grounds. I had breakfast and lunch here and the food is really good. I also hear it has one of the best duck dishes in Ubud.

I came to Bali for a friends wedding at a private villa in Seminyak and was so jealous that she got to stay at the villa. The Tepi Sawah gave me a taste of the good life. I didn't have access to servants and not everything was made of marble but this place is truly beautiful. The grounds are gorgeous with its stone buildings, moss covered statues, vine covered walls, fountains and relaxing pool area. Every inch of the place is designed to make you feel like you're staying in an Balinese palace.

I did take advantage of the pool. It's small but the whole place isn't that large so it was barely used. There's also a covered cabana and decorative stone wall that adds to the charm of the whole place.

My room was just as awesome with wood furniture and marble bath (which had flowers floating in it). Beds are comfortable but not spectacular. It also had a stone terrace (w/ beautiful landscaping) facing the rice fields. One evening I sat on the terrace watching fire flies in the fields.When I was there a year ago it looked like there was another hotel being built so I'm not sure how long this pastoral view will be around.

Right now it's pretty secluded, which means it's a distance from downtown Ubud but the hotel provides shuttle service whenever you want to as long as there's a vehicle available. It does have limited hours however. I did not have a problem w/ this b/c there are taxis in town that can take you to the hotel if you stay out late.

The staff is also wonderful. It's mostly young men - cute young men - who are super friendly and go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. When I woke up too late from a nap to grab dinner at the hotel, they called around to find a restaurant that was still open and serving the famous Bali roast duck AND drove me to the restaurant.

I haven't traveled a ton and I'm usually a budget traveler, but I splurged this time and thoroughly enjoyed it. If I ever get to go back to Bali and Ubud, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Inx611
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

When we arrived about half past midnight, for our 6 night stay, the staff was attentive and ready to check us in. After getting to our room (one of the Taman Villas) we were a little displeased to find that the floor was filthy. Then we saw a cockroach run behind the armoire. I understand that they live well in the tropics so I dismissed it and figured we'd worry about it in the morning. Not long after I heard a bird flapping sort of noise coming from the television and upon further inspection, I found a slew of the huge things hanging out in the mini-bar and under the TV. The staff offered to put us in the suite next door for the night until they could clean and then spray. The next morning the front desk woke us up and asked us to leave the room we had used for the night so they could prepare it for the next guests. At this point I really wanted to leave but my husband liked the place despite the troubles and suggested we give them one more opportunity to make things right. They put us in another Taman villa which was clean and cockroach free and they did it with a wonderful apology and a smile.

The villa was in good enough condition and had comfortable beds, hot water, nice sitting area, office, large bathroom and a wonderful patio. The details were not attended to but were insignificant to me: all the art on the wall is crooked and there are many areas that need painting.

The resort itself is wonderfully landscaped and the pool was great. Breakfast every morning was well prepared and tasty. The hotel shuttle was reliable when we pre-arranged pickups for after some performances in town. The onsite restaurant was always delicious!

On our last night we once again had a bit of troubles in the room when we discovered a large rat scratching and scraping from behind the television. We called down to the front desk and they promptly came and took care of it. For the price we paid I do think the pest problem was a little too much. We weren’t offered anything for the inconveniences so perhaps this is just a common problem.

Without the creepy crawly issues it would have been a perfect stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thattravelgirl76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
KajaNe Mua Private Villa & Mansion
Alaya Resort Ubud
Alaya Resort Ubud
#45 of 195 in Ubud
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,755 reviews

Been to Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!