“lovely”

Suly Vegetarian Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Peliatan
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I loved the welcome drinks, papaya juice, nice. Hotel run by students who stay n study there, they have great attitude n try their best. Lovely shuttle service bring you to town. Next to it the babi tatoo restaurant was the best meals i had in bali.

Room Tip: Rooms with paddi field is nice
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Desmond S
sulyresort, Manager at Suly Vegetarian Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Yes there could be a lot of ways one can enjoy his or her surroundings, even the food at the adjoining establishments! Hahaha! that’s positive thinking. Thank you very much to both of you for your kind comments. Please do come back but next time together with your friends so they also feel the nice experience at Suly Resort.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I was met with smiles from staff and a welcome drink and felt at ease immediately. The Property houses accommodation blocks for the polite and friendly students who study hospitality at the school. Trainees and graduates go about their daily routines happily and with little irritation to guests. The tutoring staff occupy another Old Balinese style building. A few new buildings seem to blend in with the style of the old buildings.
Suly supplies all of your needs and extra requirements with a minimum of fuss. Yoga, Classes in Batik and beautiful meals are offered as is a transfer service to Ubud Centre Museums, Temples and Arts as well as Cafe's and Markets.
By arrangement you can travel to other amusements from Suly. Options include Elephants, Monkeys, Cycling, Trekking, Shopping in Denpasar and the beaches. Testing locally made tea, coffee and chocolate is a wonderful choice and a pleasant short drive. The staff could not do enough for me and I enjoyed learning a little more Indonesian and having a massage, pedicure and manicure. It was a wonderful few days in Suly Paradise.

Room Tip: My room on the second floor overlooked the vegetable garden. Other vistas may be preferred by other...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

We are so grateful with all those wonderful words for the awesome places you can visit in Bali while enjoying your stay at SULY RESORT.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

With so many questions hanging on my mind a week before the holiday vacation, I'd thought of spending a day or two alone in a peaceful place where I could lend ears to myself.

I had definitely found the right place!

Recommended by a dear friend, I booked at Suly Resort about two weeks ago for my solo expedition. Upon the arrival, I was really entertained with such simplicity, yet respectful and accommodating assistance of the Front Office personnel. The staff were really responsible enough to cater my needs along the way. I was more amazed with the potential of the fortunate students who were given the chance to learn more of the Balinese culture. With their wit and ambitions, I could sense that these kids would really be successful in the future. I was even more amazed when I found out that they speak English better than my students in the English Course. :-) <<<How I wished I could share some of my knowledge to these learners on my vacant time. >>>

I only had a half day tour in Ubud Center, yet I found it satisfying enough to see what I want to see in that place. (Thanks for the free shuttle bus :-)) At the evening of January 31, 2012, Suly presented a cultural show which had completed my day for I was really dreaming to witness a Balinese dance. I was impressed with the skills of the students, and much more with the people who, in one way or another, had taught these students to become better individuals. The activities that they conducted to welcome the year 2013 was really well- planned.

The room is clean and has complete facilities. The food is good enough. The housekeeping is responsible enough to attend to your needs (I knew this since I had complained about the aircon and they gave me a remarkable action on that). The environment is peaceful and is designed to show you the preserved traditions. If you're a culture- lover, you'll definitely love this area. Above all, what I really like in this place is the relaxing, homey ambiance that helped me build my own thoughts. :-)

Of course, no man is an island, right? My solo expedition had been more colorful because of the friendly and very accommodating management of the Sales and Marketing Director, Mr. Benedict Lego, General Manager Putu Sudirta, IT Manager Roberto Licardo,Jr., and the rest of the staff of Suly Resort Yoga and Spa. Thanks for the experience, guys! See you again soon. :-)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2012

The front desk staff was friendly enough, but the breakfasts were atrocious in terms of hygiene. We understand it is a tropical setting and perhaps other guests want as natural a setting as possible when they dine, but when flies are everywhere with nothing being done to stop this problem, then a line must be drawn. Furthermore, the bathroom was small and mildew was in the shower.

• Stayed: December 2012
sulyresort, Manager at Suly Vegetarian Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Suly Resort, Yoga and Spa would like to express our gratitude for taking the time to post your constructive comments at trip advisory. Yes our place is a ten minute away from the center which makes Suly so peaceful from the noise of the commercial business district. Free shuttle car at designated hour and place, plus the availability of motorcycle and vehicles for rent, hopefully will compensate for the ten minute drive to the center. The presence of mildew in the shower and flies in the dining area will immediately be addressed by our department heads. We are very happy about the things you shared with us; rest assured they won’t be there anymore when you stay again at Suly Resort.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Really nice experience, tipical balinese hotel, wonderful environment, very well maintained, nice two swimming pool just in front of rice fields.we were so happy just seeing this amazing project,they are helping poor children from villages by giving them a good education.
Most of the staff are the children who always give you smile and the hope that life can be better.
We have a great time here we highly recommend you to visit them.
Ten minutes by motorbike to ubud center, you can hire bike from hotel.
Good location, in a calmy area, an awesome surroundings, peacefull place.
Thank you very much to all the team and Benedict Lego Director sales and marketing thank you for making us feel like home.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
sulyresort, Manager at Suly Vegetarian Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Thank you very much for your great comments! Hope to see you again so we can offer you the same experience and good service you always expect from us.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My partner and I stayed at Suly for five days in one of the larger garden rooms. Before you book this hotel you must be aware that the main function of the resort is to act as a hospitality training centre for underprivilidged children. Kids aged between 15-18 live at Suly for up to three years whilst they learn about the hospitality industry. They also learn English and Balinese culture.

Because of this the service may not always be precise, but it is always delivered with a smile and unbounded enthusiasm. There are kids everywhere just a little over 150 attend the school and they always seem to be working. It appears that the kids run the place as I rarely saw an adult supervising.

Our room was furnished in Balinese style, a extra large bed with mosquito netting. The room was large enough but a little dark. The air conditioner worked well and we had a large balcony where we could relax and take in the view and watch the industrious students go about their tasks. The bathroom was pretty ordinary, old and in different stages of dissrepair, but that didn't worry us at all as we didn't expect five star.

The meals were pretty basic, but once again we had to remember where we were and that this was all about training. We attended the cultural night which was great. The students practice for most of the week and the clatter of drums and other instruments at night and on occasion early in the morning is a little annoying. A special diiner is laid out for guest who sit on the floor to watch the show. Enthusiasm is the main ingredient and the kids have a ball singing and dancing. Their evervesance is catchy and everyone at some stage was cajoled to go on stage and dance. All in all a great evening.

Shuttles take you into Ubud several times a day but as the cab fare is only $4 that isn't a problem. If you remember the purpose of the resort is that of a training establishment for underprivilidged kids and accept a few minor hiccups you will have a great time. I would have no hesitation in staying at Suly Resort again.

Room Tip: All floors on the new wing opened at the end of October so there maybe some teething problems with t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
sulyresort, Manager at Suly Vegetarian Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you very much sir for that very long and wonderful comments you gave about Suly last November 5, 2012. You inspired us so much we are now really trying hard to give to our guest the best we can though we are not yet considered as a five star hotel. HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN HERE AT Suly Resort soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I ve stayed for 2 nights in sully resort. The place is lovely. As others had said the hotel is ran by teens that try they best to answer all your questions. If you want to complain about something or simple ask something a little bit different, like your breakfast to be served before 7 am, it tend to be harder, but with a little bit of patience they get it for you. It's true that the hotel is being refurbished but i've always had a peaceful sleep. They stop the works at 6 pm and start them around 8/9 am. Regarding the hotel you are in the middle of rice fields in a rustic place, a perfect location to relax, read or enjoy the nature sounds. The swimming pool is very nice, the spa is also very good and you should try the indonesian massage. If you want to relax this is the place. Regarding the rooms they are big, clean and decorated in a modern way. The bed is very comfortable and the pillow was the best of my trip. The bathroom is also very clean. The breakfast is also good. The fruit with yogurt is delicious!
the only negative aspect is that the hotel is faraway from ubud center and if in the evening you want to grab a beer in the town you must pay attention to the time. At 2 am there are no taxis or motobike to comeback!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

You are right sir when you say Suly Resort is a GOOD PEACEFUL SPOT! And we can not have that peaceful spot if we will allow our guest to stay even up to wee hours of the morning. But now you can get your beer from our bar, which will close at 10 pm, before you go back to your room. Looking forward to see you one day and drink cold beer at 2 am when I am the manager on night duty!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peliatan
Ubud Bungalow
#2 of 4 in Sayan
Sania's House Bungalows
Sania's House Bungalows
#151 of 199 in Ubud

Been to Suly Vegetarian Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!