“Wonderful Country House Hotel with stunning new spa”

The Greenway Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shurdington
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I booked 2 nights for my family and friends at this hotel for the New Year celebrations, and everyone had a wonderful time. Beautifully decorated old manor house (the wives could not believe how beautiful all the curtains were!), open wood burning fires, friendly staff, comfy 4 poster beds, new spa swimming pool with saunas, steam rooms, outdoor hot tub, and a tropical rainforest shower which the teenagers thought was amazing(we need one for home!).
The 7 course gourmet dinner on New Years Eve was as good as any top London restaurant, and the breakfasts were the best in the Cotswold!
Beautiful walks from the hotel up the Cotswold Rise. We had 2 long walks and what stunning views from Leckhampton Hill over Cheltenham.
My wife has already stated she wants to go back to this hotel next New Year!

Room Tip: We had the Oak room which is the Bridal suite - beautiful room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank PikePebworth

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Having stayed here for a birthday treat I agree with seashell plum how disappointed I was. Staff didn't seem to care, especially the spa staff! I'm not sure micheal obray the manager cares much more as when I wrote to him stating how disappointed I was he responded once, but then failed to communicate with subsequent emails! Not very good!

This is a shame as the Greenaway could be so much more!!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank KentLass74
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My partner and I enjoyed our stay at the Greenway. The food there was absolutely incredible. A very homely atmosphere and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Poplar had a fantastic view of green from the window
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We wanted to use up some airmiles we had left and chose to come hear,and what a great choice .A faultless three nights ,very friendly staff amazing rooms beautifully decorated we would def go again Eden group of hotels well done !

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed here recently to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I had been looking for a combination of characterful hotel with spa facilities, and the Greenway fitted the bill perfectly. Our room (a junior suite) was bright and airy, very well maintained, with a spacious bathroom. We had lovely views over the gardens and countryside. All the public rooms were stylishly decorated and had the most sumptuous curtains I've ever seen! On the first night we ate in the informal restaurant where the food was good but, being the only people in there, it did lack any atmosphere. On the second night we ate in the main restaurant and the food was superb, one of the best meals we've had in a long time. The spa facilities in the hotel were excellent. My one criticism would be regarding the staff, most of whom seem very young and inexperienced. When we arrived there was no-one on reception and it took a while for a member of staff to appear. However, this is a minor point and if the staff are given the right training to bring them up to speed, this hotel would be very good indeed.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have lovely views over gardens and countryside
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jinjin55
Reviewed 15 October 2011

My Wife and I wanted a weekend break and chose The Greenway Hotel. We wanted a small an intimate hotel and were immediately charmed by the period property. We received a warm and professional welcome and shown to our room, our bedroom which was fantastic, large and clean, you sank into the bed.

Great dinner, staff were attentive without being too intrusive which allowed my wife an I to relax.

The Spa the following day was just an added bonus, before returning home .

Thoroughly enjoyable, great place, friendly staff, nothing seemed too much bother.

Before writing this review I did take some time to view previous comments below. no doubt the last two write ups their experiences was not the same as mine, whilst I don't doubt their integrity, if you look hard enough you can always find fault.

We will definitely return .

Room Tip: Room 10 Four Poster bedroom with spacious bathroom, views to the Front and Garden
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 18Mark18
GMGCheltenham, General Manager at The Greenway Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for the kind feedback you have posted on Trip Advisor. The team at The Greenway are committed to constantly providing the best service possible. We do value our guests and their feedback and I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay!

The Greenway is indeed a charming venue in a wonderful location so I am happy to read that you and your wife had the relaxing getaway you were hoping for. The spa is a recent and welcome addition to our hotel and again I am happy to hear you enjoyed your spa experience.

Kind regards,

Michael Obray

Reviewed 12 October 2011

From arrival to departure it was hardly a memorable stay

Completely different from my stay at a sister hotel, The Royal Crescent, Bath, just 4 days earlier, The Greenway could very easily learn a few lessons and should

The place feels like a ship without a Captain - what a shame

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to inform me of your disappointing stay.

As you can see by the majority of Trip Advisor feedback we do aspire to better standards in general but on this occasion we don't seem to have put our best foot forward and I am sorry this is the case. I am however happy to say that The Greenway Spa Hotel is about to embark in a new chapter of its history which I am positive will facilitate further improvements in standards of service where required.

Your Sincerely,

Michael Obray

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shurdington
Ellenborough Park
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings
Corse Lawn House Hotel
Corse Lawn House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Corse Lawn

Been to The Greenway Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!