“luxurious fusion of tradition and contemporary style”

The Greenway Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shurdington
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We stayed here in September and were upgraded to the cedar room, it was without doubt the most spectacular room we have stayed it, a spacious room with exposed beams and contemporary decor, with huge comfy bed and separate sitting area, wonderful views over the ornate stonework across to the hills ; large bathroom with his and hers towel rails!!!
The place is very quiet, and despite not being far from the main road we did not hear traffic.
Breafasts were good with great choice of fruits etc. The highlight for me though was the spa, lovely warm hydrotherapy pool, steam room and two types of sauna, the outside area was beautifully furnished and we particularly enjoyed using the outdoor cedar hot tub; totally relaxing.
The whole place is spotlessly clean and well maintained, and we have already booked to return!!!

Reviewed 1 October 2012

My wife and I had an excellent stay of two nights in an upgraded room in the main bldg. We had dinners in both the Brasserie and in the main dining room, excellent food both times. The staff was super, from the receptionist to the wait staff in the restaurants. We did not use the spa facilities other than the gym which is small but adequate with some free weights and three exercise machines. The grounds are gorgeous and well kept. Public transportation by bus into Cheltenham is convenient and nearby for those not wanting to drive in and seek out parking. We look forward to a future return trip to England and another stay at this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building. Rowan has superb views of the countryside and the grounds behin...
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed as part of honeymoon, was upgraded to the oak room, amazing!!!!!! Best room I have ever seen! The spa facilities were incredible!!! Had a massage each, so relaxing!!!!! Ate at the hotel, food was great! Such a nice stay and staff were lovely! Would love to go back every year!!!!!! You will not find a better hotel in the uk!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank ggegypt
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We held a meeting here in the morning and then had free time to explore the Spa and Treatments. For a party of 15 people all with varying backgrounds and ages we found the Hotel to be full of character and charm, set in idyllic countryside. The rooms were absolutely fabulous steeped in character and cleanliness, the food was superb, most highly recommended was the Eggs Benedict at Breakfast these were full of flavour.
All the staff both at the Spa and in the hotel were on hand at all times and could not do enough for you.
We all came away, rested, full and extremely energized after our overnight stay here

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2012

what promised to be a cotswold manor house luxury experience was instead far less than its promise. This wonderful looking property, at the edge rather than the center of the cotswolds, was re-figured with a high end spa facility; in doing so rooms were added above the spa and in consequence such rooms directly overlook a flat metal roof which obstructs the view of the grounds; there is a chlorine smell from the spa-pool and a septic smell as well. Upon arrival we were shown the room (which was an upgrade) and i expressed my dissatisfaction; there were no other suitable roooms available at the hotel, and if we wanted other accomodations we were told that we would forfeit our 3 nights fees (made through booking.com). This is not how a luxury hotel should treat its guests. We managed through the 3 nights by spending as little time at the hotel as possible. Additionally, the housekeeping leaves much to be desired (dirty bathroom floor mat; robe not replaced). I will say the dinner at the restaurant was excellent, both in cuisine and service, as was the facial had at the spa. Breakfast was average, at best. Other than the manager upon arrival, all staff were very accomdating. The gardens and grounds were lovely.

Room Tip: if you are going to stay, insist on delux room in main house upon booking.
2  Thank AUDEIC
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Despite paying a lot of money for our room we were in the tiniest of attic rooms. My husband and I have stayed at many world class hotels and were not impressed - definately not value for money.

The choice of food was not very welcoming with me thinking I could have cooked the same at home. Not much choice but a fancy name. I like something special when eating out that I can not do at home. I overheard a man on the other table stating that he had crab shell in his starter followed by me receiving a hair in one of my hors d'oeuvres.

My husband had very lovingly bought me a £150 spa break package so after booking the treatments through the hotel decided to stay for one night to further enjoy our relaxing break. Unfortunately our relaxing break was turned into a very stressful one. There was a big mix up as spa breaks ended up telling me off because we had booked the treatments through the hotel rather than them. Considering I am the customer why can't they liaise with one another. I needed to book through the hotel to ensure we could get a room as well as the treatments so surely they could have sorted this without me having to be the victim. It ended up with me in tears as I was worried that after travelling down there the voucher would not be void - being the purpose of our stay.
Never again.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before hand if possible or at least to see what size bed and room you will be h...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gail_mark
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My boyfriend took me recently as a present for my birthday and come Monday I did not want to leave one little bit! Really was just fantastic, staff were welcoming and so polite and friendly; nothing was too much for them, they really made the stay even nicer. Room was lovely, bed was huge and very comfortable, we had a delicious breakfast brought to our room in the morning; evening meal was very special too. Spa was fab, 60 minute all over body massage was bliss!! and I just cannot wait to come back!

Room Tip: We had the 'Poplar' room which was very spacious, big bed, small lounge area, big window loo...
2  Thank 6Melon6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shurdington
Ellenborough Park
#1 of 1 in Tortworth
Cowley Manor
Cowley Manor
#1 of 1 in Cowley

Been to The Greenway Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!