“Impressive throughout”

The Greenway Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shurdington
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Arriving early, initially the building work being completed at the site takes away a bit of the charm, however as soon as your inside the premises I simply cannot fault anything at all.

Welcomed warmly by the staff and shown to our rooms, we stayed in room 6 and 10, which were simply amazing, Spacious, full of character, everything that you could ever need and it can only be described as having your own flat within the hotel. A filling afternoon tea later, we opted for a late dinner and the food was simply sensational and is by far the best hotel food I have had, even beating some of the better restaurants I have reviewed previously. I had a starter of duck bon bon, followed by the lamb cutlet and finished with cheese cake. Amuse bouche and complimentary appetisers were also thrown in, along with friendly service throughout.

The spa facilities were of a high standard, especially the outdoor wooden hot tub, which alleviated the breakfast bloat quite nicely.

The staff at this hotel cannot help you enough and are very approachable and friendly, especially at reception, This has become one of my preferred destinations when in this part of the country.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Couldn't get into the my usual Hotel du Vin in Cheltenham so found this place on Laterooms. Really, really impressed. Travelling as I do for work it is so refreshing to walk into a "reception" where the check-in desk is a piece of classic English furniture and a welcoming smile. I was then shown to my room (how often does that happen at this price??) which was beautifully decorated and very comfortable, but to be picky I would have liked a radio in the room.

The restaurant also far exceeded my expectations. Food was excellent in terms of flavour and presentation, and waiting staff had been very well trained. In fact, one of the delights of this place is how good the hotel staff are at making you feel welcome and being respectful to the guests.

I've noticed also in my travels with work that an overnight shoe cleaning service is dying out - not here, so again the hotel offers great service for the price.

This place is a gem. The spa is superb also. It's small but beautifully decorated and is the first sauna I've been (and I've tried many) that had (relaxation) music playing in the sauna. Fantastic! why don't other spas have this?

The weak points - cancellation policy of 48hrs is a bit draconian, particularly when I need flexibility for travelling on business. The eggs benedict for breakfast, which is standard fare on the menu, could do with better ham! And a radio in the room.

So in summary, for the price I paid for the room makes this hotel fantastic value for money, and it punches well above its rates. I'll be back here when on business next, and will bring the wife for a weekend break.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are very comfortable but worth paying/getting an upgrade simply for the size of room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rupes185
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing weekend with our 2 friends..
The spa was really good with excellent customer service.
The treatments were also excellent and met all of our expectations and had a fantastic lunch to top it up.
Emma at reception greeted us so well and really looked after us. Emma is a massive credit to the company..
Can't wait to go back soon..
Ay

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AyhanSaffet2
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I recently booked a Spa Day as part of a group. I paid the 50% deposit in advance. However, on the day I was unfortunately taken unwell and unable to go. I asked if I was able to re-book/carry over my deposit for another time but was told that I was not able to. Not only that, but that I had to pay the full amount for the day. I was prepared to loose my deposit, but to pay the full price/not be able to secure any discount whatsoever against future bookings/treatments seemed overly harsh. They didn't even offer my treatment slot to anyone else in the group who went, so the whole amount that I spent on the day was completely wasted. I had honestly intended to re-book with a friend, book a room/dinner for a couple of nights and make a weekend of it. However, their inflexibility has resulted in my lost custom. I couldn't help being unwell and feel as though they could have met me half way.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank V_M_CBristol
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was our second visit. It was an impromptu last minute visit. We took full advantage of the spa facilities, which are really lovely; a really relaxing place that smells wonderful! We used the pool, drank champagne and then I had a massage; which was good. We had a wonderful meal; interesting, a little bit quirky, nicely presented. The staff were spot on - friendly and helpful but at the same time, very professional; nothing was too much trouble. The room was a little hot (that's the only criticism) and they have a lovely turn down service at night, which is quite charming. It's a beautifully romantic and relaxing place.
Our only (very minor) criticism was the wine - we had a Malbec at £29.00 (which we know is a cheap red in a place like this but our thoughts were that Malbec with the lamb would be full and soft) it was really uptight and too cool. We've had good £9.00 - £10.00 retail Malbecs. However, once decanted (we asked for it to be) and after a bit of time to breathe and warm, it was much better.
We will be back. It's so peaceful and welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here to celebrate his 21st birthday. Check in was at 3 however our room wasn't ready so we had a nice walk around the gardens and had a drink on the patio area, we were abit worried as we were only staying for one night and wasn't shown to our room until 3.30pm. We stayed in the Elm room in the Coach house. I requested before we arrived to have a double shower and this was catered for, our room was well worth the wait! It was beautiful! I had the best nights sleep. The food was superb, staff were attentive and very helpful. We spent our day in the spa and felt very relaxed and refreshed! I highly recommend the Elm Suite and we will definitely be visiting again. The only thing we will change on our next visit is to stay for minimum 2 nights, 1 night was just not long enough! We both left the hotel feeling quite sad to leave however myself and my partner had a lovely time on your special occasion! :)

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We held a family lunch here for my mother's 85th birthday. Everything was perfect. The service was exceptional - discreetly attentive at all times and accommodating to all our wishes. The food was excellent and the private dining room was beautifully set out. We were able to have drinks before the meal and coffee after the meal in a private area of the garden with a croquet lawn. We had glorious weather which enhanced a wonderful occasion. The planning was immaculate and all the staff were most welcoming. We could not have wished for a happier day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shurdington
Ellenborough Park
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings
Corse Lawn House Hotel
Corse Lawn House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Corse Lawn

Been to The Greenway Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!