“Large group, good food”

Dining options: Reservations
Ashland, Kentucky
“Large group, good food”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Made reservations for 20 for the first weekend in November. The food, the chef and the server were all good. I did not hear a single complaint from anyone in our group.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank KyHouseboater

“Good food gone bad”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I have been to this Japanese steakhouse several times over the last two years and have noticed a steady decline in the quality of their food and service. On my most recent trip I was disturbed to see a health department rating of only 87 for improper food handling and cooks not wearing hair nets. I was even more disappointed when the pad tai I ordered came out. I have had this dish here before, bit this time it was very bad. The sauce appeared to have been mixed up with another dish, and so what normally is a brown tai sauce ended up being more like a thick sweet and sour chili sauce. The server was apologetic, and did not charge me for it, so I give them credit for that. All in all, I don't think I'll be back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank callforfire
Hodgenville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kid-friendly”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I love the food and the staff at Kansai. The chef always takes the extra time to entertain my children.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Daniel T
“Great food and great sushi!”
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Kansai is an excellent Japanese Steakhouse. It is located in a new building, very nice and clean, they have a truly full service sushi bar. They can make almost anything and every piece of sushi ive had was excellent. The hibachi grill had excellent chefs, who are entertaining and do all the onion volcanoes and juggle eggs on their tongs. The rice is well seasoned. Use the "Yum Yum" sauce. It's good! Average meal cost is $11. Good stuff and will be back again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Volkscollector
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sushi :P”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Fast Service, great food and great location. It's close to were I stay so I can always get there in a timely manner.

Visited September 2012