“Great room for the money and the staff was awesome”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed for a week while at a baseball tournament in Elizabethtown KY. The room size was as expected, Just big enough for two queen beds and a table. We were especially happy with the mini refrigerator in the room, it definitely came in handy. I was also very happy with the firmness of the bed. With my bad back I normally wake up in hotels in pain but that didn't happen which made my stay even more pleasant. The only negatives I had was that I wished that the bathroom had a fan. 2 adults and 2 teenagers staying in one room a fan would have drowned out some of the noise etc. LOL. Also the shower head was so low my 5' 11" husband had to crouch down in the shower to rinse off his head. Another suggestion would be for more of a variety at breakfast. When you stay 7 days with the same breakfast items every day it gets kind of boring. A little switch every day would have been nice.

What set this hotel apart from others that we have stayed at was the staff. I don't know if it was the southern hospitality that we hear so much about, but they were some of the nicest hotel staff I've ever dealt with. From the front desk to the cleaning staff they were always smiling and helpful. I feel the need to mention one staff member - Kristina. the first day we got there she found me roaming the hall with my luggage looking for an elevator and our room After she told me they don't have an elevator she not only offered to show me where our room was but also offered to help me carry my suitcases up the stairs. I just felt like that was something above and beyond. Throughout our week stay I had a few other opportunities to run into Kristina - when she was cleaning rooms and also when she was handling the breakfast. Each time she was friendly and helpful always asking if we needed anything.

I would definitely recommend this location to anyone looking for a good, clean, friendly value priced hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
gm_ky129, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Thank You for staying with us. We try to go above and beyond as a staff and we will continue to improve our guests travel experience as we move along into the future. I sincerely want to say "Thank You" for your kindness and words of encouragement. We hope to see you again soon in the near future! Stay Blessed.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We, too, stayed at this hotel for a week-long baseball tournament with 11 families for a total of 40 people. There were also 2 other teams staying at the hotel. The rooms are a little run down, but were clean, the beds comfortable, and the daily breakfast was well made and well stocked. We were concerned with so many people that food would be scarce, but the staff made sure everyone had what they needed each morning without fail. Also coffee was available in the lobby 24 hours a day, and it was always fresh.

The pool was clean, large, and accommodating with lots of tables and chairs, the grills were cleaned daily after nightly use, and the ping pong table and baggo boards were a great addition for anyone staying long term.

The best thing about this hotel, though, is the staff. We were on a first name basis with Connie, Jamie, and Kim. They were pleasant, happy, and willing to work with us for whatever we needed. Our families felt like treasured guests the entire week. During the tornado crisis Kim handled herself like a true professional and kept everyone safe and calm.

We would definitely recommend this location to anyone, and if we go back to Elizabethtown next year for the tournament we will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
gm_ky129, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

I want to say thank you for staying with us! I appreciate your kind words and we will continue to work hard so that our guests have the best experience possible. Thank You and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future when you are back in the area. Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I travel about 35 -40% every year and the most important thing when I travel is to get a good night sleep. The bed was perfect and location was quiet to sleep as needed. I also appreciated the extremely friendly staff both at late night check-in and next morning for breakfast and check-out.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kpop9676
gm_ky129, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your response in regards to your stay with us! We look forward to you visiting us again sometime down the road. We appreciate you and enjoyed having you as our guest! Thank You so much!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

We just finished our week long stay for a baseball tournament. We had 11 families with our team and it was a perfect place for this type of visit. The patio with the grills, tables & umbrellas, Baggo boards, ping pong table and pool were a great place to gather. Even though we did our best to clean up after ourselves the staff made sure it was perfect for the next day including cleaning the grills every morning.

The breakfast was what I expect for this type of hotel. Denny's and Waffle House are also right across the street.

What really impressed me was how professionally Kim, our nighttime front desk clerk handled the tornado warning we had on our last night. She made sure all the guests were aware of where to be, handed out water and gave our scared boys bean bags to distract them. The next day we found out it was her first night on shift by herself. Jamie was proud of himself and how well he had trained her. Kudos to both.

The one recommendation I have would be to find a different designated smoking area for the staff. Although they kept the front entrance clean, we didn't like walking into smoker's corner each time we entered the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank DocJett

Thank You Very Much! It is our job to make sure that our guests feel welcome and as comfortable as possible. We want to make our hotel your "home away from home." I thank you so much for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you in the future. God Bless.

Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

With an unexpected stay in Elizabethtown, we got a room at the Quality Inn. It wasn't fancy, but had all of the extra amenities needed for a comfortable stay. What made it even better was the professionalism of the staff - both the evening & the morning desk. I couldn't have been more impressed. Breakfast was delicious, as well. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Pasoporaqui
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We have used this hotel for family functions for a couple of years now. The staff has always been terrific,and over the past few months they have re-branded as a Quality Inn, been completely renovated, and I can now honestly recommend the place.

As other reviewers have noted, the hotel had become very "tired" in it's prior life as a Comfort Inn and we were hesitant to really recommend it. Even though the staff was was wonderful, the hotel had a stale cigarette smell that permeated the whole place, and the lights and fixtures never seemed to work properly.

Today, the hotel smells new, looks new, and everything works properly. They now offer free wi-fi, the breakfast area is clean and bright, and the pool area has been cleaned up as well. The staff is excellent as always and has a surprisingly positive attitude.

The hotel is very conveniently located, and there are plenty of restaurants in the area. We have already booked another function here, and plan on several more.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SixAlpha
gm_ky129, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you for your kind words and recommendations.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed one night on our drive home from Florida. The new beds were comfortable and the hotel was very clean. Breakfast was good. Walls were a little thin. Would definitely stay here again. We were able to use a coupon from a hotel coupon book we got at a rest stop - good value with the coupon. Extremely pleasant staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your kind words and review. We look forward to your next stay and we hope that you willo recommend us to others as well.