“Staff is Wonderful - Rooms, not so much”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Staff is Wonderful - Rooms, not so much”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The staff was very nice and very friendly. However, the rooms are a bit "worn" plus I happened to stay during a baseball tournement.
Kids running up and down the hallways at all hours, packed into the breakfast area, the pool, etc. Was awakened early in the morning to 2 kids doing ground ball drills in the hall!
This was not the Staff's fault, they did what they could. I blame the parents but I also blame myself for thinking it wouldn't be "THAT" bad!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
gm_ky129, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank You for your response. We do apologized for the issues that you had while staying with us. We also want to say thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff and we will continue to make improvements so that we can be the best hotel we can be. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Murray, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I thought that the Quality Inn was a very nice comfortable place. I also thought that the staff that were there was helpful and had guided me very well in the direction to my room. People smiled as I walked in to let me feel welcomed and very inviting. Over all I had a wonderful stay and the room was neat and very clean. I hope to stay there again sometime soon. Management was also "Awesome".

Thank You for having me stay at your fine Suite

Room Tip: Just choose Quality Inn and your stay will be delightful.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us Dianne. On behalf of our staff, we appreciate you staying with us and we are glad that you had a pleasant stay! Your words of kindness are appreciated and we will continue to give our guests the top notch service that they deserve. We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Thank You!!!!
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The door keys never worked, refrigerator stop working, however we got another one and that stop working too. The carpet needs to be replaced in the entire hotel, the pool had chip paint at the bottom, the hallway had a terrible smell. Now the good stuff, the staff was pleasant and helpful with directions, the bed was very comfortable, the shower was awesome and the breakfast was decent.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 4msalice
Thank you for your response. We want to say thank you for your honesty and we will continue to work diligently so that your next experience with us will be a lot better. Thank you again!
Miamisburg, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I have to say that the staff at this hotel went above and beyond like no other hotel I have stayed in. I was traveling with my son for a baseball tournament and needed an extra hand with my luggage. It was so nice to know that an owner cared enough about the guests to personally assist me with my bags to the room. Also, any requests that were ever made to the staff was accommodated. The kindness of everyone was well received by our entire team. We were very happy with our experience and would stay at this location again next year for the baseball tournament.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Mostly we had a positive view of our stay. The location worked well for us. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We had a king room. The twin recliners with a lamp between them was a very nice touch. Good size desk. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast bar had some of the best gravy I have encountered for biscuits and gravy and was kept well stocked. The room was clean and overall in good condition.

They were a pet friendly hotel which gives them very major points in our opinion.

There was one issue with the room. It was very damp. Everything felt damp - bed sheets, furniture, etc. There was a desiccant pack placed in the vent for the A/C. Not really the norm. Not sure what was causing the dampness. Felt much like a very damp basement. We did not bother to complain about the dampness mainly because we spent very little time in the room. Also when we checked in, we heard they had every room booked.

The only other negative (which was not really the fault of the hotel) was that there was a baseball tournament in town and the hotel was packed with them. That would be ok except for the inconsiderate parents that seemed to have no problem with their kids screaming, yelling and running back and forth down the halls well past midnight.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
gm_ky129, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for you review and your sincere honesty. We appreciate the positive feedback, yet we will continue to strive for excellence based on your experience and overall views of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon! Stay Blessed.
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed for a week while at a baseball tournament in Elizabethtown KY. The room size was as expected, Just big enough for two queen beds and a table. We were especially happy with the mini refrigerator in the room, it definitely came in handy. I was also very happy with the firmness of the bed. With my bad back I normally wake up in hotels in pain but that didn't happen which made my stay even more pleasant. The only negatives I had was that I wished that the bathroom had a fan. 2 adults and 2 teenagers staying in one room a fan would have drowned out some of the noise etc. LOL. Also the shower head was so low my 5' 11" husband had to crouch down in the shower to rinse off his head. Another suggestion would be for more of a variety at breakfast. When you stay 7 days with the same breakfast items every day it gets kind of boring. A little switch every day would have been nice.

What set this hotel apart from others that we have stayed at was the staff. I don't know if it was the southern hospitality that we hear so much about, but they were some of the nicest hotel staff I've ever dealt with. From the front desk to the cleaning staff they were always smiling and helpful. I feel the need to mention one staff member - Kristina. the first day we got there she found me roaming the hall with my luggage looking for an elevator and our room After she told me they don't have an elevator she not only offered to show me where our room was but also offered to help me carry my suitcases up the stairs. I just felt like that was something above and beyond. Throughout our week stay I had a few other opportunities to run into Kristina - when she was cleaning rooms and also when she was handling the breakfast. Each time she was friendly and helpful always asking if we needed anything.

I would definitely recommend this location to anyone looking for a good, clean, friendly value priced hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
gm_ky129, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank You for staying with us. We try to go above and beyond as a staff and we will continue to improve our guests travel experience as we move along into the future. I sincerely want to say "Thank You" for your kindness and words of encouragement. We hope to see you again soon in the near future! Stay Blessed.
Huntley, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We, too, stayed at this hotel for a week-long baseball tournament with 11 families for a total of 40 people. There were also 2 other teams staying at the hotel. The rooms are a little run down, but were clean, the beds comfortable, and the daily breakfast was well made and well stocked. We were concerned with so many people that food would be scarce, but the staff made sure everyone had what they needed each morning without fail. Also coffee was available in the lobby 24 hours a day, and it was always fresh.

The pool was clean, large, and accommodating with lots of tables and chairs, the grills were cleaned daily after nightly use, and the ping pong table and baggo boards were a great addition for anyone staying long term.

The best thing about this hotel, though, is the staff. We were on a first name basis with Connie, Jamie, and Kim. They were pleasant, happy, and willing to work with us for whatever we needed. Our families felt like treasured guests the entire week. During the tornado crisis Kim handled herself like a true professional and kept everyone safe and calm.

We would definitely recommend this location to anyone, and if we go back to Elizabethtown next year for the tournament we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
gm_ky129, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
I want to say thank you for staying with us! I appreciate your kind words and we will continue to work hard so that our guests have the best experience possible. Thank You and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future when you are back in the area. Have a wonderful summer!