“Should have been better”

Super 8 Elizabethtown
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul L

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Hotel staff was courteous and friendly the room was extra clean the price was very affordable. Room came with fridge coffee maker microwave and hair dryer and access to the indoor pool. The only complaints I have is the beds were itchy and the temp on the pool needs to be a bit higher. I would recommend this super 8 to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I agree with more recent posters, this was a very nice place to stay. The room decor was modern and pleasant and the bathroom was well-appointed and bright. Cleanliness and comfort were both top notch. This motel was on the edge of town opposite all the other places, and it was very quiet.

However, the breakfast area and breakfast offerings were disappointing. Not much space in the tiny lobby where 2 tables (seating 8 max.) were located. I chose NOT to microwave instant oatmeal in a styrofoam bowl, so then I only had a choice of wrapped pastry, cold cereal and/or frozen waffles to microwave (on a foam plate).

The enclosed pool looked nice and clean although we did not use it. All in all, a very reasonable price to stay at a comfortable facility.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

First time here and have enjoyed my stay. Housekeeping very thorough and complete in turning my room each day of my stay, over 7 nights. The pool was very inviting and a nice temperature. Nice firm mattresses and in room refrigerators and microwave ovens a huge plus to eating in restaurants each and very day. Petra, desk clerk, was friendly engaging and tour guide also suggesting different attractions to visit when I had visitors stop by. Night clerk, Josh, offered restaurant suggestions that agreed with my desires. Located right off the I-65 it will be worth it to drive by the Days Inn which is not updated or clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I don't write many reviews. However I was so pleased with this motel I wanted other travelers to consider it when deciding on an Elizabethtown, Ky motel. Very clean. I visit each room I am considering for a night's stay before making a reservation. Actually the inspection starts as I enter the motel. Front doors covered with fingerprints and smudges, litter laying around the door/grounds/floor are indications to me that cleanliness is not important to the owners. Clutter in and around the front desk, unkempt and/or disorganized breakfast areas, rumpled or stained attire by staff are also indicators to me that the staff and owners have no pride in themselves or their work... A big turnoff for me. If the initial appearance of the motel and staff pass my first level of consideration I ask to view the room I will occupy. Again, I am looking for clutter, dust balls, and superficial cleaning. I look in the hard-to-clean places such as wall corners, under the furniture, around the toilet base, etc. If the room passes this evaluation, my final inspection is to pull the bedding up to check for seams and crevices that would be likely locations for bed bugs. Only after this satisfactory thorough inspection will I reserve a room. This Super 8 exceeded my expectations. Joshua, the night clerk, was extremely and sincerely courteous. Further he was accurately informative on the quality of food at nearby restaurants and places to buy gas. All of this at a very competitive price. This is why my wife and I stay at this motel each winter as we head to Florida.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple