“Youngray B&B Now Homegate Inn Excellant Value & Clean”
Review of Homegate Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elizabethtown
Homegate Inn
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Youngray B&B is now Homegate Inn. I have been staying here on a week to week basis for a month and the room is very nice, clean and plenty of room. I have a King bed, sofa, and kitchenette table, 2 chairs. It has a small/dorm refrigerator, microwave, basic cable TV, and full dresser and 2 bedside dressers. The new owners are working to clean up the exterior so don't let the street view make you pass it by. The owners are very nice couple who acquired the property a couple months ago and have done a lot of work, and continue daily to do work. I have no complaints and would stay here anytime.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank gyoung121555

Reviewed 20 August 2009

Good comfortable rooms,very reasonably priced,great location,friendly management & staff.lighted very well.Rooms are very clean.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Older property undergoing remodeling and renovation. Not much in the way of decor or frills, but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. And the price was fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2009

If you are passing through the E-town area and need a place to stay I highly recommend Yongray's. Stayed there several times and have had a pleasant experience each time. Management is friendly and try to accommodate your needs. Close to interstate and a great value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2006

I remember when the Passport Inn was exactly as described in the reviews but need to tip my hat to the new owners as they have really turned the older motel into a nice quiet and especially clean place to stay. Claimed to be one of the cleanest in Elizabethtown and I agree since seeing the rooms in seven other hotels there which I turned down. The rates are really reasonable and the staff friendly. The pool is closed due to expansion project to upgrade the facility. Don't judge this book by its cover as inside the rooms is where you will stay relaxed and bug free. Best lodging available in comparison to all in the area. Security is great too! They enforce a no nonsense rule for concern of all guests and endorsed by city health board and their hospital too as preferred choice for cleanliness. Check them out as indepently owned.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank KowboyCurtis
A TripAdvisor Member
Battle Creek, MI
Reviewed 1 February 2005

Booked here in 8/04 because it was cheap and had a pool. Pool was vital as travelling with 12 year old grandson. When we arrived I noticed beer cans strewn around the parking area as well as other litter. I next saw the pool and it had no water! I spoke with the desk clerk and indicated I needed to cancel as a pool was imperative for my grandson after travelling all day. The desk clerk was rude and said we could leave but still had to pay. That's what we had to do. This place is a dump and the personnel are rude and insensitive. I would only recommend this place to my worst enemy.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
investorhq, Manager at Homegate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2009

I would want a refund as well if I placed my reservation and found such a dismay of motel ameneties. The run down Passport Inn was run like a hobby instead of a business and the owner did not care. Yongray's Inc. bought the motel Oct 26, 2004 mainly as a building site to combine their laundry business with the lodging hospitality business. They also have a 69 acre Rustic Kampground within a 30 minute drive. The pool was the decisive factor for the motel purchase as the pool had not been functional for many years. It is the building site for a new two-story 8000 sq ft addition. This building will replace the pool and provide ten Bed & Breakfast suites complete with jacuzzi tubs in all rooms and a sauna on the second floor. A fitness center will be in the mezidine overlooking a detailed flower garden and relaxing pavilion. The first floor of the new building will be the operational hub front desk for lodging and laundry customers. It will also provide a fully operational coin laundry, lobby for lodging guests, internet cafe, dining area for lodging guests to enjoy home cooked meals familiar with Bed & Breakfast Inns, tanning booths and an alteration shoppe with skilled seamstress. This new facility will also allow the old Passport Inn office and closed restaurant space in the current main building to become an arcade room for entertainment and a 1400 sq ft conference room. The new owners plans are complete and detailed and they are willing to share ideas as to what you the consumer would like to see. Quite a new concept for ameneties vs the prior owners lack of providing service. Offsite rustic kamp, on-site full service laundry, alteration shoppe, internet cafe', home dining, fitness center, game room, conference room, tanning booths & sauna, lodging all in exchange for a seasonal operational pool. Interesting???

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 December 2003

Stay away! I entered my room late one night and layed down and fell asleep right away. When I got up around 2am to use the restroom I noticed cochroaches all over the bathroom. I then turned on the lights and looked the room over and they were in the sleeping area as well.
The office was closed and I packed up and left. I contacted the management and they wouldn't do anything about it and refused to refund my money. I even sent them pictures of the cochroaches as well as holes in the walls I beleived they were coming from. They had the nerve to suggest that I might have brought them with me. I travel often and this was the worst motel I have ever stayed at. It is in need of major renovations. The rooms are just old with rotten wood and outdated bathrooms. It was nasty. Take my advice and stay away.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
investorhq, manager at Homegate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2009

In the travels today........what lodging place is bug free? NONE ! The insect world is very invasive even in the cleanest environment and most that have high moisture content. Occassionally bugs, especially roaches travel by the very same shopping bag you receive at your local grocery. You got them free when you purchased your groceries and unpacked your items and then decided to hang onto the bag for later use. Great, good recycle idea BUT... if the bag has bug eggs and they hatch it is more expensive to rid your room, house, building, or even your car of your new tenents. Dispose of the bag properly so you take no uninvited guests home with you for a sleepover. KY law requires that all lodging facilities either have a contractor for insecticides or a member of the staff, maintenance licensed to control rodents and insects by properly identifying signs of infestation and dispersing properly the baits that attract and kill the uninvited guests. Yongray's tried two different contractors and although they were in business for several years and charged a hefty service long term fee.....the vermin won over the bait applied as they had built an immunity to the baits always used. I requested the study material from the University of Louisville and took the test myself to see how hard it is to pass this test. You must get a 70 to pass the test to be certified. I heard many of the applicants made less than 70 on their prior test and had to retake. Shame I saw the same folks I hired in the past. So I took the test and passed first time with a whopping 83 %. Good idea for others to get involved and save themselves tons of money in service calls. However, not long after the companies failed to rid us of the bugs, ( three months after our purchase in Oct 2004) we took our own aggressive action and removed all the carpets and took care of our entire property for less than one service call expense. The bugs fled or died, their choice. Our choice is HOT SHOT which offers up to 9 mos control. We sprayed all edges of the room before we reinstalled the carpet. Also the backs and bottoms of all furniture were treated to ensure no eggs in waiting would reinfest any rooms. By the way, you can get Hot Shot at Lowe's. We hope this response helps many of you and offer you to inspect our rooms before you check in. Some facilities don't allow this but we are not them. Afterall... you do test drive a car before you buy it, so test inspect a room before you buy it as well. Happy lodging and we hope to see you soon. To my past contractors as I was taught, "If you have nothing good to say about a person, don't." Your names are safe as well.