“Homecookin'”

Dining options: Breakfast
Middle Tn
“Homecookin'”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Server was top notch; food was hot and order correct. Lots of customers there but did not have to wait to be seated. As always, the place to go for good homecookin'. Love Cracker Barrel!!!

Rousseau, Kentucky, United States
“Very Good”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The food was very good. The wait staff were very helpful and friendly. I always love breakfast at Cracker Barrel!

Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Food just average”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try Cracker Barrel as an option for a late lunch. As we entered the restaurant there were three Cracker Barrel employees engaged in such a conversation they didn't acknowledge us. It would've been nice for them to stop what they were talking about and welcome us to the restaurant. The greeter, however was very pleasant with her greeting and we were promptly seated. Our waiter was very polite and attentive to our needs. The food was delivered in a timely manner. Speaking of the food, it was just ok, nothing good nor bad to say, just average. Cracker Barrel Elizabethtown will barely go on my another dime list.

Tullahoma, Tennessee
“Consistantly Good”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This Cracker Barrel is good as are all the Cracker Barrels I have eaten at. You can count on Cracker Barrel to be consistently good.

• Visited June 2014
Sebring, Florida
“first bad Cracker Barrel”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

In our travels around the country, my wife and I have visited over 250 Cracker Barrels and we have never had a bad enough experience at one to warrant a negative review, until now. For starters, the employees park in the RV lot, so if you are driving a big rig, good luck finding a place to put it. Why don't the employees park in the multitude of other spots and let customers with RVs park in the RV lot? Our next bit of bad news was that they ran out of the daily lunch special at Noon. Come on now! I could understand running out at say, 3PM, but not at the height of the lunch hour. Meat loaf was substituted for the special and it was terrible. On top of being bad, it was completely immersed in tomato sauce, so it was like eating meat loaf soup. I asked for "a wee bit of gravy" on my mashed potatoes, but they were drowned in it. The biscuits were stale and hard as a rock and the cole slaw was simply dry, chopped up cabbage with no dressing on it of any kind. It was nasty, to say the least. The coup de gras of this dining fiasco was at check out. The lone cashier was obviously overworked, confused and perhaps inept. There were three different lines leading up to the register and there was absolutely no order as to how patrons were being served. This situation was exacerbated by an employee who kept cutting in line and ringing up her friends' purchases using her employee discount. After standing in line for 20 minutes and having at least 8 people served before me despite getting in line after me, I slapped a $20 dollar bill on the counter and informed the clerk that it was my turn 8 people ago and to make sure the waitress got the change, then we left. Apparently, no manager was on duty that day (6-3-14). If there was one on duty, he/she should be fired. In the chain's defense, I guess one bad Cracker Barrel out of 250 isn't all that bad. Rest assured, however, with all the other dining options available in Elizabethtown, we won't be back to this one.

• Visited June 2014