“All about money and not the customer”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elizabethtown
Budget Holiday Motel
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I went here to drop my boyfriend off because he helps his boss and the people at the desk were nice but they want to be paid for everything including making coffee. I asked the lady who ran the front desk if there was any coffee and she said sorry none and then she offered to make it or go get some if I would pay her really? I found out I was overcharged for my room by my boyfriends boss. I went to his room it was a lot nicer and he says he knew he was overcharged too. When I did arrive I had to wait 15 minutes while they cleaned my room and I was pretty tired too but at least they did that. My son who is 14 found a roach while we were there and killed it was only one so I guess that aint too bad yes the sheets were slightly stained but its not a first class motel and I dont know if anyone will believe this or not but I think the place is haunted picked up on some energy there I didnt like Im a bit sensitive to that stuff so take it however you want. I would never stay here again. Room 105 is the one with the negative energy would not recommend. Stay across the street its the same price or the etown it has a pool and its close to the same price range. Just beware the people are nice enough but they are all about the money and not the customer.

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 105 its haunted.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Denise C

Reviewed 9 December 2012

My boyfriend and i purchased the room for two nights. The first night the door wouldn't read our card... I called the office because of it and they didn't even want to help ... The next night the same thing happened and we had to walk in the cold rain to the office because they were to lazy to come to us... They lied about the price to begin with and the internet was horrible (connection) ... The motel should definitely be shut down...it's filled with crack heads and meth cooks...outside trying to bum cigarettes and looking into cars all night......horrible horrible horrible

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank sidsid003
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Don't go there! Seriously, I was grossed out - there was sticky stains all over, hair in the tub that they hadn't cleaned, the sheets were yellowed with stains and holes in them, the pillows were old and worn out, the furniture looked like it had been donated by goodwill. I didn't take a shower there, my friend said not to use the towels. Seriously dirty gross. We got clean sheets after fighting with front desk and slept on our suitcases as pillows.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank supersc0ut
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Worst place I have ever stayed. Nasty, dirty nothing worked. Dead bolt was broken, heater in bath broken, fan in bathroom extremely noisy and did not work, electical outlet for curling iron, broken.plus the smoke alarm fell off the wall in the night.. Also did not even see the free coffee advertised and was given a password for the internet that did not work. Desk clerk did not speak english very clearly and said she did not know anything about computers, could not help. Also got a hassle about the room in the Kentucky travel cupon book...never did get a discount...Only good thing was the hard water for the shower was hot.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Judy038
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I was traveling through Kentucky and stopped at this motel. She quoted me two different prices for a single room. I paid, I went to my room and first of all the bedspread on the bed was dirty, and I don't mean just stained, but dirty. I looked under the bed and found open boxes of crackers and cracker crumbs. The bathroom was dirty, the floor was broken. I turned on the tv and only a few channels worked and the reception was poor. I have a laptop and there was supposed to be free internet with a pass code. There was only 1 bar of internet connection, so I could not upload any photos to facebook or send email. The worst part was the roaches, they were on the bed and on the tv. I quickly took a shower and left.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank 2purpleplace
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Travelling on a shoestring budget, we've stayed at in a lot of questionable Motels, and have developed a pretty high tolerance for crummy rooms. We can ignore mildew on the shower curtain, stained carpets and furniture, hastily cleaned bathrooms, and cigarette burns all over the place, but this place takes the cake.

We arrived late and all we wanted was some sleep. We ignored the wet dog smell. We didn't like the fact that the tub was full of scummy water, and the sink full of shaving scum but decided to deal with that in the morning. When we pulled back the sheets, though, it was another story.

Not just stained, but dirty. Obviously they didn't even change the sheets. It was time to go.

The lady at the desk (already rude at check in) refused to give us a refund of any kind even though we'd only been there less than five minutes. We were so tired that we decided to stay and just get fresh sheets, which we had to change ourselves. But when we stripped the bed we say how utterly disgusting and torn up and *INFESTED* the mattress was. It was crawling with what I'm absolutely positive were bed bugs.

We decided to get the heck out of there, refund or no.

Awful, awful place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Art85
Reviewed 7 July 2009

It was getting late. It was dark out. We saw the ad for this motel in one of those motel booklets you pick up at a rest area along the interstates. We asked for a room with a king size bed. The clerk told us there weren't any left but she had one that went for a higher rate that she would give us for the advertised rate. She let us take a look. We peaked inside to see the setup to see if there was room for us to review our literature and look on our computer to plan out the next day. We didn't turn on the light or check much else. Big mistake!
So we went to the front desk and paid for the room. The clerk gave us the key. Once in side, we turned on the light. The two chairs had stains on them. There was no TV remote. We started to take the bedspread off and noticed that the pillow cases were white and off white. I looked at the bathtub. It wasn't white. I didn't stick around to see what caused the discoloration. We opened the refrigerator. It smelled. I tried the supposed wireless internet. We got two weak signals, both passcode protected. One was from the Blugress motel next door. The other, also only one bar, was from somewhere else. We had seen enough.
We returned to the front desk and this time the clerk was nowhere to be seen. But the owner and his wife were there. I politely requested to cancel the room. He steadfastedly refused. He said all he could refund was $8.75. We had not been in the room for more than 5 minutes!! He demanded $20. I told him of what we say and added that there was not even a remote for the TV. He said we were lucky the clerk didn't charge us $2 for a key deposit. He told us there are remotes but you have to pay a $5 deposit to get one.
After seeing that room, it was almost worth $20 not to stay there. If I ever return to this area and this is the only place that has a room, I would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple