“Twice is Nice”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Jasper, Georgia
“Twice is Nice”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We travelled from MS to PA and stopped going and coming at the HIE which is about halfway. The hotel is clean and attractive, nice location with lots of eateries close by. Unexpected room switch, but management made it right. Would definitely stay again. Staff was awesome!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank BJSmith55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Carpentersville, Illinois
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I am in shock! We just visited Elizabethtown KY for a baseball tournament and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We had 3 teams of 13 kids and their parents along with. I have never been treated so rudely! The breakfast staff was the worst. Don't ask them for anything! My husband asked for more pepper and the staff told him to look on another table. He told her that all the tables were out along with all the eggs and she said it was our fault she expected us to be there earlier in the morning. Then the next morning I notified the same women that the pancake machine wasn't making pancakes and before I could finish she said "it works just fine!" Then I explained to her that it says out of batter please replace bag and she said "I will get to it when I can!" Then over heard her and another staff employee say they couldn't wait until our group left. Wow!! Way to make us feel welcome and at home!! When we booked this hotel we booked a queen room with bunk beds. Instead of that room we got two queens and a sofa sleeper. When I asked why we didn't get the room I booked she said they just remodeled. The room was clearly not just remodeled! Bathroom was dirty, tiles were broken, and grout was black! No towels by the pool and when we asked for towels they got short with us and said we just brought some down. Sorry for asking for towels! In the morning as we were leaving our room, I asked the cleaning women to skip cleaning our room and just exchange the towels. She said ok go get me your dirty ones. My kids were already waiting for the elevator and I had to go back to the room and get my towels. Very disappointed! I expect more from a Holiday Inn!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dawn G
Casandra T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
I would like to first, thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on our property, I would like to also apologize for the experience you encountered at our facility, this is not something we want our hotel to be known for, we strive every day to make our guest's experience a memorable one at all of our properties. Our staff is trained to make every encounter with our guest superb. We strive to be a great hotel our guest love, therefore; we will working even harder with politeness! If ever in our area again please stop in to see us making changes for the better of our guest.

Casandra
Princeton, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were attending a meeting in Louisville, and all of the Holiday Inn properties there were full, so we stayed at this location. Considering some of the recent reviews I had read, I did not have high expectations, but I was really surprised! The public area was clean and neat. Our room was spotless, and the staff was super friendly. Even the man vacuuming the hall carpet spoke and wished us a good day. Based on our experience here, I would give this hotel an A+.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
michigan
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have stayed in this hotel 6 times in the last 3 years and never had any issues...until this time. Room itself looked clean, as did bathroom. But when I opened shower curtain, found several different hairs on sides of tub enclosure. At least 5 or 6. Very gross. Also some thick pink liquid spilled and dried in tub. Obviously nobody had cleaned the tub. Response from desk clerk was less than overwhelming..."I will write it down". She had no idea our room number so I asked her how she would write it down since we didn't give her the number yet. Her response "oh then give it to me". I highly doubt she ever wrote it down. Too bad. Like I said, this was our regular stopping point on the way to and from Michigan-Mississippi. Won't be for follow up trips!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kay W
Casandra T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. It is regrettable we fell short of your expectations this particular day; especially when it concerns to bathroom area. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Once again thank-you for your recent stay...
Granger, Indiana
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We like to stay at Holiday Inn Properties because they are usually very consistent. Always clean and a carefree stay. However, this property was not very clean. Our room in particular. They had not moved the coffee maker in the bathroom to clean under, as I moved the tray on to the floor to make more counter space in the bathroom only to find a red stain that looked like juice had spilled. I wiped it up with a towel. The sheets were also not clean, we found hair and stains. The shower corners were not cleaned very well either. The front desk staff was just okay, she didn't seem like she enjoyed her job much. The breakfast in the morning was very crowded so we went to a restaurant instead. I was let down by my staple place to stay when on the road traveling.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ColieandJJ
Casandra T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We strive to be " the best of the best"! I want to apologize for our short comings on your recent visit and assure you we will address each issue from the cleanliness to the staff friendliness. It is unfortunate you didn't get to enjoy breakfast with us do to the area being crowded. I will look into making arrangements for future guest when we are busy so this doesn't happen again. Please if you are ever in our area again stop by so we can show off our true brand colors and spirit.
Shelby, Ohio
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Very nice staff and clean rooms have stayed here twice over the last two years. Very modern decor worth the stay. Fridge and microwave in room........................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Casandra T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate any and all feedback that we receive in an effort to provide superior service and accommodations to all of our guests. I am happy to hear that you found your room to be clean, comfortable and the staff to be friendly and helpful. I hope that we will see you again the next time you are in the Elizabethtown, KY area.

Thank you again for your patronage and kind review.
Ashley, Illinois
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I traveled to the area for business and chose to stay in Elizabethtown for convenience. It was a very nice hotel, clean. I was checked in by "Courtney" and she was one of the nicest people. I travel about 40 weeks out of the year for business and stay at many Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Express and she was very courteous and professional. The only thing I didn't like (which most people probably would like) is my room had a perfume smell. Although my room smelled very nice, it wasn't very good for my allergies. :-) The hotel is near several places to eat. Would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mary c
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our hotel strives to make customer service one of our main priorities in an effort to provide the best experience possible. I was very happy to hear that you found Courtney to be courteous and professional. I will share your review with her and make sure that she is rewarded for her hard work and dedication to customer service. I hope that you will be back to our hotel the next time that you are in the Elizabethtown, KY area.

Again, I thank you for your patronage and your kind review.