“THE Place to Stay in E-Town”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here on a business trip to Elizabethtown. The staff were genuinely courteous and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The room was well designed, tastefully decorated with modern accoutrements and very comfortable. The hotel is close to several restaurants and far enough away from the interstate to minimize traffic noise. We felt very safe in the well-lit parking lot which was spacious and close to the main entrance. Contratulations on a job well done Fairfield Inn in E-town! We will be back for another stay with you in a few months!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank islandtraveler2012
Gary B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Islandtraveler2012,
Thank you so much for the wonderful headline. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you noting that you found our staff to be genuinely courteous and that you found your room to be well designed and tastefully decorated. We look forward to your return visit in a few months.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Had to travel to Knox for a 40 day off site work trip. If you've never traveled to Knox it’s very hard to find a hotel that will accept the LOW per-diem rate. So that’s where I'll start my stay. After calling ALL and I mean ALL of the other hotels in the area that’s worth a you know what and asking for the GOV rate this was the only one that would accept it. They gave me and my co-worker the GOV rate for the whole time. The room wasn’t a suite but was just fine for what we needed it for. Great location with a short drive to and from Knox. The staff always greeted us with a warm smile when we walked in and out. Fresh cookies in the afternoon! The two things that I would say kind of stunk was the fact that I was there for so long that the breakfast items got very old (not their fault just pointing that out if you’re staying any length of time) and two my sheets didn’t get changed until week 2 of my stay (might have been my fault since I would leave the do not disturb sign on my door but after talking to the front desk and leaving it off it still didn’t get changed for another 4 days) not sure what the rotation for extended guests is. With that being said it was overall a great stay and would go back in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Gary B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Joshanjill,
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. We certainly value your service to our country and I am glad we were able to offer the Federal Per Deim during your stay. It's good to read that you were always greeted with a warm smile. I am sorry that we must have had a communication lapse in regards to changing your bed linen. Unless requested otherwise, we change the sheets every three days for our guests that are here for an extended stay. We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed at the Fairfield on a business trip to Ft. knox. The drive to Knox main gate is about 20 minutes with lots of restaurants and stores along the way. There are closer hotels to Ft. knox with similiar Gov travel rates but this one is nice because there are several good restaurants over a short walk. Typically, during my two hundred or so days on the road over a year, I stay at Hilton or Holiday Inn. This Fairfield is very comparable to a HIE or Hampton.
During my stay I encountered a few small problems. First, the internet was questionable sometimes. Initially, this complaint came as a surprise to the hotel management because the modem worked fine (showed full internet connectivity) but the router system seemed to be overloaded. This is an ongoing problem and probably needs a full overhaul/tune-up. Secondly, the shower curtain liner was about six inches too short and was a minor inconvenience that one would not expect from Marriott so much as from a Days Inn or the likes. I requested it be changed and it was. No big deal but not expected and rather humorous...I took a picture.
The staff was very devoted to their job. Every morning I would see the wonderful smile on the (vertically challenged) breakfast lady's face. Linda at the front desk was always cheerful and a welcome site after a long, cold day on the Ft. knox range complex. The GM reminded me of the manager on the popular sitcom, The Office.
I don't go tossing five star ratings out very often and this hotel does have its minor quirks. However, the employees here, I feel, truly care about customer satisfaction and that was apparent to me and should be to you as well when you stay. Happy trails and safe travels.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Thekeithman
Gary B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Dear Thekeithman,
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. As a TripAdviser Senior Reviewer it is especially gratifying that you gave us a 5 star rating. I am sorry that you expierenced some internet connectivity issues during your stay. We are scheduled to have an upgrade in February that will give us a significant increase in bandwidth. After your lengthy stay I am glad you noted that you felt that our employees truly care about customer satisfaction. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again the near future.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Loved the staff at the hotel! Everyone was very pleasent and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The only thing I felt we were missing was a mini fridge. Thanks for making our stay great. If we are in the area again this will be the place we stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Gary B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear Amber2365,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay. I am so happy that you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful and our rooms clean and comfortable. We look forward to your return the next time your travels bring you to Elizabethtown.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I was in E-town for a conference this past week and stayed at this Hotel as it was close to the CVB, where the event was. The room was clean, comfortable and very inviting. There was a flat screen tv (which was great because I could hook my roku up) but no microwave or fridge.

The bed was comfortable, and water pressure was great. Wifi, however, was marginally better than dialup and I achieved greater speeds tethering through my phone. The staff, at least during my brief interactions with them, were friendly and prompt. Check-in was fast and easy. If you smoke, be prepared to walk outside as this is a completely non-smoking property

Room Tip: if you smoke, ask for first floor by the end of the hall :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Gary B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear Dietrichmd,

Thank you so much for your review. I was very glad to read that you found your room to be clean, comfortable and inviting. Thank you for mentioning the fact that you found our staff to be friendly and prompt. I am sorry that you expierenced less than satisfactory internet service. Occasionally, if there is an unusally high demand, service may slow. I anticipate that issue being fully resolved in the very near future as we are undergoing a significant internet upgrade.
We look forward to serving your lodging needs again the next time you return to Elizabethtown.

Gary Burdette

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Don't stay here. It is the worst hotel I ever stayed in. The mattress was so bad and the room lacked everything. I will never stay here again. The pool was so cold you could. Not get into it. The room had no fridge or microwave. The shower did not work good barley had water running.. I could not believe it was the same hotel I read about in the reviews.

• Stayed: December 2012
Gary B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Dear Sandylee7,
I am so sorry to read that you did not have a good stay at our hotel. I was disappointed to see that you did not like our matresses, we frequently receive very positive comments on the sleep comfort of our mattresses. We do offer suites that have refrigerators and microwaves as well as 2 flat screen televisions and a pull out sofa sleeper. I do hope that you wil give us the opportunity to regain your trust should your travels return you to our area.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

This Fairfield Inn is located in a maze of commercial development off of I-65. However, it is far enough from the highway so that noise is present, but not overwhelming. We asked for a room on the back of the property (the odd-numbered rooms) and it was very quiet. There is a very busy railroad line back there, but it is far enough away that you barely hear the trains.

In short, this is a great property. We were very pleased with our stay. The woman at the front desk could not have been nicer. The breakfast was decent as well.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are away from I-65
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Gary B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Barefoot Tom,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our location and found the hotel to be quiet. Thank you for mentioning how nice the Front Desk Associate was. We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.