“Clean, friendly and comfortable”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Chicago, IL
“Clean, friendly and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight on a drive from Chicago to Florida. This fairfield is updated, very clean. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was great. One of the nicest Fairfields - and nicer than a lot of Courtyards. The staff was friendly and it was a good value. Would recommend even for a longer stay.

Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sellersburg, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

My family stayed at this hotel to be in between Mammoth Cave and Kart Kountry. The staff was very pleasant and the hotel was convenient. The rooms were average and clean. The hot breakfast was full of variety and was kept full and tidy by the staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

A few years ago I stayed at this hotel and hated everything about it. Hotel was dirty and was not kept up. We'll I stayed her a few months ago and loved it!!! They really cleaned up the hotel and the service was outstanding! Sent an email to the hotel manager and told her I could not believe this was the same hotel I stayed at a few years earlier. Keep up the good work and I will be back again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dgfriday
Springfield, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed on 1/12th..For the price, it was just okay. It is a typical basic room. Place was clean with the exception of a dirty mop smell in the lobby and near the elevator. (A close competitor has the same issue). Staff are professional. Although the train tracks are next to the hotel I never heard it. It is very confusing how to get to the hotel. They really need a sign to point you in the right direction.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
FairfieldInn E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay here. I am happy to hear that our staff is porfessional. We strive for guest satisfacton and we are always looking for ways to improve. I am sorry that you experienced a smell in the lobby, I am unaware of this smell and I will look into that immediately. I apologize that you had a difficult time locating our property. If you have any questions please reach out to me. We appreciate your business and hope that you will come back!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

We were driving from Memphis to Indiana. We got a late start and one of our kids got sick. Desperate we found the closest Marriott. We were pleasantly shocked! Very clean, updated, super friendly staff, and free hot breakfast. Super nice place to stay... We recommend it.
-family of 6

• Stayed November 2013
FairfieldInn E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Nickengledow,
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel to be very clean and our staff to be super friendly. We get many positive comments on our complimentary hot breakfast and I am glad that you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed one night at the FFI Elizabethtown at the end of October. We arrived very early, and our room was not ready yet, which we knew going in. The woman at the front desk was VERY kind and helpful. She told us a little bit about the property and the area. She also shared with us when our room could be available. Perfect :)
So we headed out to Mammoth Cave Nat'l Park. The hotel is about 30 minutes north of Mammoth Cave to give you an idea. There are no "nice" hotels/motels in the Mammoth Cave area so we had to choose staying north (in Elizabethtown) or south of Mammoth Cave (in Bowling Green). Mammoth Cave is about half-way in between. Since we came from the North, it made sense to stay north.
The property is located right off I-65, so it is easy access to Louisville and Mammoth Cave.
When we returned, our room was ready and the new lady at the desk was equally sweet. Our room a 2 double bed was clean and well-maintained. No complaints about the room at all. It was a very typical FFI room. Breakfast the next morning was great. The woman working the breakfast area was helpful and attentive. Many breakfast options to choose from...standard fare you come to expect from FFI.
We had a great stay. We will be back when we head to Mammoth Cave again. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor...very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
FairfieldInn E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear beth070303,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. As a Top Contributor to Trip Advisor, it is especially gratifying to read such a positive review. I am so glad that you found our staff to be sweet and your room to be clean and comfortable. We have many guests stay with us that are going to Mammoth Cave National Park. It truly is one of the world's greatest natural wonders and well worth the trip. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I expected it to be on a par with other Fairfield Inns at least. The front desk was a bit cranky until I called to ask for a new non smoking room that hadn't been smoked in. Then she was quick and courteous. I couldn't bare to then complain about the bed, which was lop sided and desperately uncomfortable.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ditzyredhead
FairfieldInn E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Ditzyredhead,
Thank you for sharing your experiences during your recent stay. We are a 100% smoke free hotel. I am so sorry that it sounds as if a previous guest did not honor that. I am glad that when pointed out to us that we were able to relocate you to another room. Because of the anonymous nature of TripAdvisor, I am unable to determine which room you were in. I certainly want to address the issue that you mentioned concerning the lop sided bed. I would appreciate it if you would email me at gary.burdette@marriott.com so that situation can be resolved. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to Elizabethtown you will allow us the opportunity to demonstrate what you experienced was a very rare occurrence.