“NEVER STAY HERE WHAT A DUMP!!!”

Kentucky Cardinal Inn
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Over priced, toilet didn't work, lamp shade broke and electrical wires exposed, air conditioning sucks, nasty.. Owners can't speak English.... Don't waste your money!!! Roaches too. Everything is old and doesn't work...Disgusting!!! Oh and the swimming pool is a tad pole pond...I can't believe the business is still open!!

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Althea R

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I only needed to sleep a few hours before getting back on the road. I checked the bed before I laid down. The sheets had urine and blood stains on them, as well as hairs. So I laid on a towel on the comforter of the bed. After one hour or sleep, I woke up because I was being bitten. I pulled the covers back and there were tons of bed bugs in all different stages, from red mites to fully developed. they were all over the bed. I was disgusted. I didn't shower there, bc I feared there were cameras in the room. The phone was broken, and most of the lights in the room did not work. I had no cell signal or wifi. I literally feared for my safety when i went to my car as there were odd gangs of people hanging out there all night long.I was even too afraid to go complain up front for I feared he would end my life. I would never ever ever stay in that hotel ever ever again. BED BUGS. I can withstand most conditions, but this room put my health at risk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank wild77butterfly
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Nice and clean as could be and
No bugs and respectful
I know what too look for in these room and motels very well .
Staff friendly and extremely helpful and staff for me when beyond what I thought they would !
If wanted a 4 Stars and
$200 a nite motel I would stay there but my budget did not allow
I stay here again next time !!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank William P
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We ended up staying here because our family booked our room and we were traveling with them. I read reviews from previous guests but they don't so i knew what i was in for before i got here. All bad reviews you read here are absolutely true. The owners are nice but they have not spent a dime on this place in years. Looks like it should be condemned.

Room Tip: Half the hotel rooms are condemned.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank David D
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The motels on this end of town is Skid Row. Bed bug, and roach infested. The pics of this hotel are false advertisement!! There iz NO continental breakfast at all!! The right side of the hotel is filled with nasty borders. The regular staff was on vacation, so their nephew was in charge. He let himself into rooms frequently?? The bottom floor was completely flooded last summer with no professional cleaning performed!! This is NOT a place for respectable people! Spare yourself the headache, don't be cheap, pay for a good room!!

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank dlane37
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I and my co-workers are part of a construction company who rented a block of rooms for an extended time. Cockroaches crawled out from under the beds when we turned on our lights. Spiders were in the beds when we turned the covers down. Water bugs flew out of the showers when they were turned on. All the rooms smelled like cat urine. This was by far the worst place we have ever stayed in all of our travels through the Midwest. When we left and demanded our money back, the manager refused, stating he would give us the "good rooms" instead. Needless to say, we declined and will never go back!!!

Room Tip: Bugs were in the beds and bathrooms. Everything smelled of cat urine.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Brent B
Reviewed 22 March 2010

We booked thru hotwire and was very disappointed. Room wasn't bad, but the remote didn't work, guide for TV was old, slight mildew odor in room, but not overpowering. Room fairly clean. People on first floor looked like boarders, not hotel guests. 4th of July weekend and the pool looked like it wasn't open for a couple of years, playground grass was 2ft high. No staff on duty after 10:pm, card said if you need anything they come back in the AM, if emergency, call 911.

They claimed that they had a hot continental breakfast, but the only thing i saw hot was coffee. Cereal boxes were outdated. Wife wanted tea, they had teabags, but no hot water. Place had the appearance that it was not maintained for years; mold growing on building, paint chipping and the concrete steps to 2nd floor were cracked and looked like they were falling apart.

Called Hotwire and let them know that if they continue to have this hotel listed on their site, I would not use them again for Elizabethtown.

Piece of advice: DO NOT stay there.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple