“Great family weekend getaway!”

Comfort Suites Elizabethtown
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
“Great family weekend getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Reservations and check-in were so smooth. Staff was polite and friendly. Our room was clean and comfy with two double beds and even a small sitting area. Enjoyed the hot tub and pool area which was large and quiet. Only two small complaints, first the beds were a little smashed together but the seating area had to come from somewhere. Second, the hotel was a little pricey for what you get, a basic, clean room. Final note, most restaurants in the surrounding area (quite a variety) give 10% discount to hotel guests.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped about 2 am and we couldn't go any further. This was number one on trip advisor so we though we would give it a try. It was a little more than we wanted to spend since we were checking in so late and planned on getting on the road by 9 am. They honored the aarp discount so that helped. After getting checked in and getting our room keys we got our luggage and parked the car. When we came into the lobby the lady at the desk stopped us. Apparently the room we were assigned to someone was already in that room. There was a glitch in the system that didn't let her know and she double checked what appeared to be a card catalog type box of all the rooms occupied and that room was listed there. We were so delirious we laughed at the notion that we would walk in and make ourselves a home with people already in the room and I would assume in their beds sung as a bug. The room we got was on the second floor and it was a handicap room, it was huge! The beds were comfy and it was nice to have the ac already on when we got to the room. And that ac works! We had to put it on low. After a nice not shower we crashed. The breakfast bar had all the usual stuff, except they had blueberry waffle mix. They were almost out but the lady there filled it up for me. I didn't try the coffee but everyone said it was good. I think we found a new favorite hotel in Elizabethtown.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

High ceilings and big rooms. They use the 'daylight' CFL bulbs in the hallways so if you've got a light sensitivity to those it might freak you out.

Read the review of the pool capacity being 5 people...pointed that out to the staff and they laughed. Said they have no clue what that's about...some weird state law. Was for sure more than 5 people in the pool while I was there. Great, big pool/hot tub area.

Also read the review about the staff. They're fine. Some younger Gen-Y (lower 20's) kids running it while I was there. They were all nice. A different generation but that didn't come across to me they were lacking. Just younger and therefore different than us older folks.

There was a baseball thing going on in the area later during my stay. So all hotels were maxed out. The mornings on the days before the events had people in town the breakfast was great. Once there were like 6 kids to every room, swarming the breakfast bar in the morning they dropped the expensive proteins from the lineup (sausage, etc). So the breakfast wasn't as good those mornings. But can't say I don't blame them. May have been a week vs. weekend change though.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Wake Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Pretty nice looking hotel, we liked the room, looks to be on the new side. Bed was comfortable. Sorry, didn't try the pool so can't comment on that, but it looked pretty nice too. Not much in the way of food offerings, but I don't really expect that much from continental anyway.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Hotel overall was great! The customer service was definitely lacking and enough to convince me not to stay ever again. We had a 2 Queen suite with a pullout couch. The room was in nice condition, nothing to gross me out. They let us sleep our family of 6 in one room, without any hassle. Although I couldn't book it online that way. Military rate was about $15 cheaper than the "best rate".

POOL: huge sign stating capacity of 5 people. I don't know why, but its there. It says people found in violation will be fined $100. We have a family of 6 and ignored it. The front desk guy brought towels and didn't say anything, so I can't say if they enforce the posted rule or not. They didn't for us and there were more than 8 people at that time.

A few minor details: you can't really see the tv from the couch/chair well, the one bed is pushed up against the a/c and window. The breakfast had waffles, both blueberry and plain. The rest of the breakfast was the standard continental basic fare. Circular " scrambled eggs" and exceptionally thin bacon. Bagels, cheap Danish, yoplait yogurt, etc.

The reason I will never stay there again....is that after 11pm my kids were in bed asleep and someone was assigned our room by the front desk, came up and opened the door. That totally freaked me out. The door caught on the safety latch, but the reality of someone else having a key to my room as a result of the low quality employee who claimed he would "investigate" the situation proves that while the hotel is nice, the employees are careless and may put your safety at risk unknowingly. My advice, find a better hotel.

1 Thank Melissa B
dsalesgr, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
I want to thank you for the taking time to write about your recent stay at Comfort Suites of Elizabethtown, Ky. I also want to express my sincere apology for your stay not meeting your standards. I agree with you, should not have been another key made for your room. I am checking into this situation to see what happen here. I hope you will except my I apology, this is not the standard guest service that is received here at Comfort Suites, and I hope you will give us a second chance to show you that we strive to give the best of service to our guest.
Benton, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Rooms are large and everything was very clean. The beds were comfortable. They seemed to have a large staff and everyone was very friendly. I had a light bulb out in the bathroom and someone came to replace it imediately. I will definitely stay here again.

Martinsville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Arrived very late and go the last room available. Room was clean and spacious, staff was excellent. Breakfast was good with eggs and sausage. Pillows were slightly lumpy so you may want to bring your own. Beds were comfortable.