“Great place”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great place”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Suites recently and I have to say this is probably the best Comfort Suites I have ever stayed at. The room was huge. Everything was very clean and comfortable. But the customer service was what made it over the top. We had reserved with a promotional rate that could not be changed or canceled, but due to a sudden change in plans, we needed to move the stay from Saturday night to Friday night. The lady I talked to over the phone said she would get the manager to look at it and call me back. The manager took care of it and got the reservation changed with no increase in the rate. That is great customer service. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in the area. Thanks again for a really great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cunningham, Kentucky
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We had 4 in our room so I decided to take the pull out couch. Absolute worse mattress I've ever laid on. I wasn't expecting much since it was a pull out mattress but this was terrible. There was no padding and you could see the springs through the fabric. The service was great and room was fine but the pull out mattress and slow wi-fi could be improved.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel is located right off the highway and has several restaurants within walking distance. Room was large and clean with comfy beds. The agent at check in desk seemed like not wanted to be there on a holiday weekend but we were checked in quickly which was appreciated after a long motorcycle ride. Chose this hotel as we really enjoyed the stay there 2 years ago but missed the smiling reception upon arrival and thought the continental breakfast could be improved on. The breakfast attendant did accommodated me by warming a piece of pie that a friend had brought so she was helpful to me and traveling companions. I still think I would use this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Main parts of the hotel were very nice and staff was wonderful. The room itself was a little worn with a hole in the fabric of the couch. Room was clean and the normal amenities were all in place. The problem was the internet. As a business traveler, I depend on the internet for information and to connect to the office. It was slow to the point of being unusable. I would up getting directions to the closest McDonalds where I worked for the next two and a half hours.

If you are on a leisure trip this facility is fine but if you are on business and use a computer, I would highly recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Reservations and check-in were so smooth. Staff was polite and friendly. Our room was clean and comfy with two double beds and even a small sitting area. Enjoyed the hot tub and pool area which was large and quiet. Only two small complaints, first the beds were a little smashed together but the seating area had to come from somewhere. Second, the hotel was a little pricey for what you get, a basic, clean room. Final note, most restaurants in the surrounding area (quite a variety) give 10% discount to hotel guests.

• Stayed August 2013
Louisiana
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped about 2 am and we couldn't go any further. This was number one on trip advisor so we though we would give it a try. It was a little more than we wanted to spend since we were checking in so late and planned on getting on the road by 9 am. They honored the aarp discount so that helped. After getting checked in and getting our room keys we got our luggage and parked the car. When we came into the lobby the lady at the desk stopped us. Apparently the room we were assigned to someone was already in that room. There was a glitch in the system that didn't let her know and she double checked what appeared to be a card catalog type box of all the rooms occupied and that room was listed there. We were so delirious we laughed at the notion that we would walk in and make ourselves a home with people already in the room and I would assume in their beds sung as a bug. The room we got was on the second floor and it was a handicap room, it was huge! The beds were comfy and it was nice to have the ac already on when we got to the room. And that ac works! We had to put it on low. After a nice not shower we crashed. The breakfast bar had all the usual stuff, except they had blueberry waffle mix. They were almost out but the lady there filled it up for me. I didn't try the coffee but everyone said it was good. I think we found a new favorite hotel in Elizabethtown.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 25 July 2013

High ceilings and big rooms. They use the 'daylight' CFL bulbs in the hallways so if you've got a light sensitivity to those it might freak you out.

Read the review of the pool capacity being 5 people...pointed that out to the staff and they laughed. Said they have no clue what that's about...some weird state law. Was for sure more than 5 people in the pool while I was there. Great, big pool/hot tub area.

Also read the review about the staff. They're fine. Some younger Gen-Y (lower 20's) kids running it while I was there. They were all nice. A different generation but that didn't come across to me they were lacking. Just younger and therefore different than us older folks.

There was a baseball thing going on in the area later during my stay. So all hotels were maxed out. The mornings on the days before the events had people in town the breakfast was great. Once there were like 6 kids to every room, swarming the breakfast bar in the morning they dropped the expensive proteins from the lineup (sausage, etc). So the breakfast wasn't as good those mornings. But can't say I don't blame them. May have been a week vs. weekend change though.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family