“Goodnight stay”

Wingfield Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Breakfast really good, but occasionally sausage would be nice. I stay at this facility about four or five times a month. The rooms are clean and the hotel is quiet except for rooms next to the pool. One problem is that it is an older hotel and there is no elevator. Also skyline roof could afford a good cleaning.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

We have stsyed in this hotel twice a year for the past 8 years when visiting family. All of the rooms have a 2 person jetted tub which is great after driving all day. Beds are comfrontable and the breakfast is great. The staff is always nice but this past stay we noticed a slight downfall in housekeeping. The surfaces were all clean but the carpets and floors could need some attention.
It is definately a good value and we will return on our next time traveling through Kentucky.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 21 December 2012

One word bedbugs!!!!! So if u like nasty hotels i highly recommend this hotel. If not there are many other hotels around there. If i could leave a negative star rating it would be -5. Trash up and down the hallways, smelly rooms and hallways. Thay have breakfast but after all i saw there was no way i will even trusted there coffee. And afrer i told the unfriendly lady about the problems she didnt seem surprised about the bugs and could careless about the trash in the hallway. We stayed there the night of 12/20/12.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank timhrd
Reviewed 28 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Todd P, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We booked 2 rooms in this hotel in October 2012. The lady at the desk was very helpful trying to accommodate us in the adjacent rooms. Breakfast area looks great and food was pretty good. I would give it better rating, if the rooms and swimming pool were cleaner. Carpet definitely needs to be replaced or cleaned real good. My window overlooked the roof of the atrium - it needs to be washed. One big problem is that there is no elevator to the second floor.

Room Tip: There is no elevator. If you travel with kids or luggage ask for the room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pavel D
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Very nice hotel. Stayed one night in king room which was upstairs, but no problem here since my wife and i are both senior adults but fairly fit and heathy. The room was very nice, clean and well prepared. The only problem we incured here was not enough hot water for a bath and shower for the two of us. Breakfast was a treat for me, for all items were fresh and well prepared. Engoyed stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: No elevator in this hotel a possible problem for some guests.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My wife, mother and myself booked two rooms for the night. Due to my mothers age, and my disability we asked for two ADA rooms with king beds. When we arrived, we discovered that all king rooms are upstairs, and there is no elevator. Our fault for not noticing when booking. The young lady at the desk got us two double queen rooms on the first floor. After all, who wants to climb stairs when you can't. The rooms we were given were not ADA rooms. I also realize you cannot count on requests being filled. I did hope for an email or phone call informing me of the availability, or better yet inability to meet the request.
The attendant gave us rooms next to each other on the first floor. Upon arriving at the room, we discover they both have tall whirlpool tubs in the bathrooms (not exactly ADA). We were extremely disappointed. My mother was unable to take a shower (80 years old, and in poor health). I however did take a shower, with great difficulty entering and exiting the tub. Upon entering the tub, I was further dismayed to see mold growing up the grout lines on the far wall. I could not end my shower soon enough.

This hotel should be closed by a health inspector, and cleaned by an industrial crew.

We went to breakfast near closing time, so there was little to eat. The lady servicing the area was very accommodating offering to make fresh scrambled eggs and bacon. She also made sure our needs were met (she should be running this establishment). I left what was the only tip in the jar. She made the experience worth it.

I have traveled the world, and this is one of my worst experiences. I cannot recommend this to anyone save for the breakfast with this particular lady. Motel 6 would be 2 steps up.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family