“Worst hotel ever!”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Bourne
“Worst hotel ever!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We recently stayed in two rooms for two nights. Should have known when the online booking didn't work to run. We reserved two non smoking rooms for two nights, upon check in one rooms door was propped open with the luggage rack with cleaning supplies still in it the other room reeked of smoke. Went back to front desk, housekeeping was called for one room and they replaced the smelly room with one upstairs. Neither room was very clean, to the point I wouldn't go barefoot in there. We left for an hour and when we returned the keys to the new room were shut off because they didn't remember who they gave The room to. This happened several times to both rooms for two days. The hotel itself smells. There were kids allows to play baseball in the hallways and parking lots at all hours. To top it off we were charged three times for the two original rooms and the new one. First attempt to fix, was told the manager had to go to the store for toilet paper. Second attempt, manager (who last night was playing the housekeeping supervisor) told me it wasn't charged for three days then said he charged us for the new room and a few other nonsensical things before we called our bank and THEY fixed the problem. Never stay here, I think I need a tetanus shot

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank M H
todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
I m not sure who you spoke with at my hotel, but I assure you it wasn't me. Nor was I ever gone to get toilet paper. Please feel free to call me about your stay and I would be happy to resolve your problems.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Cottonwood Falls, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very happy with the hospitality and welcome we received when arriving at the hotel. Every single staff member we came in contact with was very friendly, helpful and smiling. Our room was exactly what I had booked. A little bit of updating could be a plus for the room however, overall for the price for the week, the comfort, location, breakfast, and the HONESTY of the staff, that is easily overlooked. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

thank you for seeing the good in my staff. Honest and sincere employees are what I strive to have employed. Any problems you had will be addressed so when you come back and see us they will be resolved. Safe Travels
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This place is no good. I felt scared there, as there were many questionable characters staying there and i have 2 small children. It was not even close to subpar, it was old, smelly and icky. In the one hallway (which reaked like cig smoke, I almost stepped in a big wad of chewing tobacco (already chewed) on the stairs.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I'm sorry your stay wasn't as good as you would have liked. I take every comment serious and will address your concerns so other guest will feel safe.
Gulf Breeze
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Even though this facility lacked some of the features that I could say as a 5 star hotel, the personnel were quite friendly and helpful. For me, this is priceless, and I will not hesitate to return or recommend this hotel to anyone. a great shout out to Phillip C and Kayla who went our of their way to accommodate us making up for the deficiencies of the amenities I,e. slow iinternet (business center) printer not working, very tiny fridge, etc. The noise level is due to the other guests (unruly) and kids running back and fort the hallway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for leaving a comment on trip advisor. I am pleased to hear that my front desk staff gave you the service you deserved as a guest at Best Western Atrium Gardens, Although we fell short in some of the amenities that you as a guest are used to, I assure you myself and the owner are vigorously in the process of updating our amenities. Once again thank you for visiting with us and look forward to seeing you again, SAFE TRAVELS.
Villa Hills, Kentucky
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stay in Elizabethtown, Ky every year for the Kentucky Bourbon Festival. This was our first time at the Best Western. The atrium and indoor poor were very clean and nice. The staff were very courteous and the rooms were updated and nice. The room was a good value versus the competition in the area. Restaurants are within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for visiting trip advisor and leaving a positive response. For some reason I wasnt able to personally read your comment, but I'm good you had avery nice stay. I wanted to at least respond to you regardless, just to let you know that I do take time to respond to all my guest comments and concerns. Once again, THANK YOU!!!!
United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

was a nice stay for our grandson baseball tournment. Grandkids enjoyed the inside pool and the breakfast was great and plenty to eat. Rooms were nice and clean and service was great.The staff was great and always had everything stocked nice, Pleanty of towels at pool and the Breakfast was always full and the ladies were there to help in anyway. Cant wait till our next trip down for another great weekend of baseball and relaxation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Daniel B
Thank you and I'm glad you and all the kids enjoyed your visit. Yes, Best Western Atruim Gardens and Sports teams go hand n hand. Also, a pleasure to see our guest appreciate the effort we strive to provide. I will let the ladies in breakfast know how pleased you were with their service.. Look forward to seeing you and your grandsons team back here for a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.
Mayfield
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My stay was great! the hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast was very good; sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, etc. The location is right off the interstate with plenty of restaurants nearby. I will be back in the area in a couple weeks and have already booked rooms here again. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
thank you for visiting with us and look forward to you coming back.!!!!!!
Thank you for taking time to respond on trip advisor