“Ky visitor” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Nashville, Tennessee
“Ky visitor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The service here is wonderful. The hotel does need updates and improvements but the staff goes out of their way to do all they can while you are there. They need to have some nonsmoking signs posted in some areas as we ran into patrons smoking in the hotel. The staff did try to take care of the smell right away. We had a few problems with our room but the staff immediately did all they could to fix it. The lady's working the breakfast were fantastic. The maintance man, Joe W., was exceptional. He saw a problem and immediately did what he could to help. He made the stay pleasant. The pool area was great and stayed clean even with large groups in it all week.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for visiting with us. Also, thank you for letting us know about smoking in non smoking areas. Signs have been posted in the Atrium thanks to your suggestions. Its guest like you that help me make changes by your comments. A good reason why trip advisor is a helpful tool for Hotels. Thank you and SAFE TRAVELS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
clintonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

had a pleasent stay staff was very accomadating! Rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was very satisfying and i loved that coffee was available 24/7. Would recommend this place to family and friends!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thyank you for commenting on Trip Advisor. I'm pleased the staff was friendly and happy in you enjoyed the 24/7 coffee station.. Come back and visit all time. SAFE TRAVELS
amiga1109
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived on 04 July for a Baseball Tournament (this was a host hotel.) The check in was fast and courteous which I thought was a good start, With the exception of the employees who were courteous I was very disappointed. We stayed here from 04 Jul-10 July. As I sit here writing this review on our last night I can't wait to get back home. Our bathroom was not cleaned and only 2 sets of towels were left (I had asked for additional towels several times.) You can forget getting any additional soap or shampoo unless you make a special request. The room is musty with the carpet and bathroom floors requiring a thorough cleaning. This was the common complaint of all the team families. We also had one team Mom who had a plastic bag with tweezers covering the inoperable smoke alarm! The breakfast was fine and the attendant was very accommodating. The pool area is quite warm but is clean and the kids did enjoy it. Twice we were unable to enter our room after a long day of baseball. The hotel apparently had us checking out both days. We were told that not all rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. I made sure to request both in our room. When we entered our room there was not a microwave. I immediately called the front desk and within 10 minutes one arrived.
Free internet is provided and the speed is quite good. This hotel needs updating and cleaner rooms. I suggest staying elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank amiga1109
Bowling Green, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had an easy check in with Chris. He even wrote out directions on where to go see the fireworks later that night. I had booked a king room w/a sofa bed, microwave, frig, 2 person tub w/jets. Upon checking in found out this was on the 2nd floor. (I had broken my foot the day before). Then was told there is no elevator. What??? Get to the room and there is not a frig. No microwave. No sofa. Only one chair. I called downstairs and talked w/Chris. He said he would see what he could do. He did end up finding me a frig. I had also requested a couple extra pillows (to prop my foot up on) and he did find me one. That night I did go back downstairs and talk with him about being disappointed in my room not having everything that I had reserved from the website. He said he was really sorry, that the day had been crazy and that he just didn't know what else he could do. (As he threw his arms up). I told him I understood it wasn't his fault personally, but who could I speak with. He told me the GM would be in the next day. Before checking out I talked to the GM, Todd Pollard. He was very understanding and understood my disappointment in my room, only having a bed and one chair. He did offer a reduced room rate and I felt like that was only fair. I was glad that Todd took the time to listen to my complaint and made things right with the discount for the sparse room.
The location was great! All sorts of places to eat within walking distance. The place was very clean. The staff I dealt with were all friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I'm glad you responded on trip advisor. I take each guest concerns to heart and I was disappointed after our conversation that we could not have serve you better. Although you were satisfied with my discount I again want to apologize. It was a pleasure talking to you, and if you are in our area again feel free to call me directing at 270 769 3030 ext. 601. I will see that all your request are met. I hope your foot is better so you can enjoy our beautiful Atrium with the indoor pool or the Jacuzzi tub in your room. Once again, thank you for being a guest with us and look forward to seeing you again. Safe Travels
Granger, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The location was perfect bed was very comfortable, staff very friendly. Delicious breakfast there were a variety of choices for everyone.The kids loved the pool. Our bathroom door wouldn't stay shut but no biggy..All in all it was reasonably priced.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for visiting with us. I'm pleased your stay was enjoyable. We strive to be a courteous hotel to our guest and meet all expectations. Your comments are greatly appreciated. We would love to see you return as a guest and see our improvements that we will be doing over the next several months. Safe travels to you and your family
Romulus, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel was designated as one of the "host hotels" for a very large baseball tournament. In fairness to the hotel staff and management, considering the amount of people, children, and utter chaos, they did a good job. PROS: The breakfast staff was amazing, those ladies were superb in their efforts to meet the demands of 100's of people every morning. The desk staff were friendly, offered assistance, and managed the many children best they could. The pool area was GREAT for kids/families. Rooms were decent and clean. A/C did work well in rooms. Plenty of parking and tremendous options for dining and shopping. CONS: NO elevator!! HOT WATER was scarce for the entire week. Minimum towels, no sofa-bed linens that fit. Beds were not the best for comfort. NO air vents in bathrooms. Check-in was poorly managed with 1-2 people, most rooms weren't available until 5-6pm. Housekeeping was a major challenge for a full house along with linens. Ice machines were emptied out immediately and could not keep up with demand for for the week. Laundry facilities were outdated and not worth the money. ***Overall, it was a fair hotel. In my opinion, hospitality is BW's business, the management was fully aware of the load factors of this hotel, especially being a "Host Hotel" and could have better prepared for the arrival of several teams and guests. It is definitely an older hotel that is in need of some updating, and an elevator. The smoke smell was masked pretty good where I was, but quite apparent that it exists. I have to admit, it was not as bad as I originally thought it was going to be. A bit of tweeking and it could definitely be a pretty good hotel for the area!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your words of improvements. I m glad you appreciated all the effort my staff put forth to service you and the other guest. Updates to this hotel are in the process and next year when you come back we will hopefully impress you and your team with our upgrades.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here three times on all three trips back from Michigan. It hasn't let is down yet.
King rooms are spacious and updated. Bed and pillows were comfortable. A/c kept the room as cold as ya wanted it. Walls were thick enough to muffle outside noise and noisy hall runners.
Only negative I can give it is a hotel of this size really should have a bigger pool and breakfast!
I plan on staying here every trip home! It's a great place to stay! See ya guys next year in July!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear frequent guest,
I'm very pleased to see a guest appreciate all we have to offer. Its our pleasure to have you stay with us every year and I PROMISE your next visit will be even a better stay with the new granite countertops and top notch internet service we are in the process of installing. Thank you again and SAFE TRAVELS