“Gross!!! Keep on driving!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Wingfield Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Chicago
“Gross!!! Keep on driving!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We checked in for one night and I never felt more disgusted staying somewhere in my life. The bathroom was covered in black hairs...towels,toilet,shower, you name it. Ran water in both the shower and sink to attempt to clean and they both clogged. Room smelled like a party of 30 was in there smoking before we arrived. Oh and bugs, did I mention dead black beetles, by the bed, I'm thinking the smell killed them. If it wasn't the last room available and past midnight I would have left. Seriously debating on sleeping in the car with the kids. I wish I would have read other reviews first and I would have. I don't understand how spider webs can be covering furniture either? Did your maid service die in that room? Shame on you management. Your place is not worth the $100 some dollars a night. I think $30 would be too much. Keep driving people, keep driving!! Zero stars,negative if possible!!

Stayed August 2014
todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Sorry for the issues you had while staying here. We strive to treat every guest as a family member and provide the cleanest hotel experience. Thank you for your comments they will be addressed and your input is greatly appreciated. SAFE TRAVELS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Princeton, KY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Checked in and the lady and gentleman working the front desk were super nice and friendly. She offered us an upgrade to a jacuzzi suite, which if I'd known what that meant, I would have kindly declined. The room was just weird! And gross! I've never been in a room, where the bathroom was wide open to the bedroom. Seriously, a shower curtain separates the toilet from the bed! I was with my husband of 17 years and was embarrassed to use the toilet with his being able to hear, see and smell what was going on in there! Sure, there's a door to the bathroom, but there's also a 6 foot wide opening RIGHT beside the bed! Also, the curtains were tattered and torn, and the lock on our door was broken, for which there is no excuse. We should have asked to me moved or truthfully, if I hadn't had a non-refundable rate,we would have left. I won't be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for responding to trip advisor. I'm terrible sorry your visit here wasn't as enjoyable as I expect all my guest to have. Your comments will be used to better serve future guest. Thank you and SAFE TRAVELS.
Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The staff was helpful and caring, especially since I had booked at another hotel chain that was literally crawling with bugs. I couldn't get a refund from that hotel, so when I came into this hotel I was skeptical. The woman at the front desk, who's name escapes me, was the most caring person I have encountered in the hotel industry. She even gave me an upgraded room. I was so touched by her caring spirit, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
I'm very pleased that Cleda went above and beyond. That is our goal here at Best Western Atrium Gardens to give guest a stay that is above and beyond. Thank you for your kind words and please come visit us again. SAFE TRAVELS
Ormond Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This appears to be an older hotel with a fresh coat of paint. First impression was excellent when we showed up 30 minutes before check-in and found out there were no clean rooms yet. We're ok with that and so we drove into Louisville to kill some time. Came back that evening and walked into a lobby full of the hotel staff sitting in the common areas and having a good time. Again, fine with us and great to see people getting along. Manager was sitting nearby checking her email at a computer though and we ended up standing at the front desk for a full 15 minutes before she finished and came over to help us check-in. Granted she did acknowledge us during the process and told us she would be a minute but it didn't seem to be anything pressing so our feeling was she could have checked us in and then returned to her emails. We reserved one of the rooms with whirlpool tubs and were, like some of the other reviews here, disappointed with the cleanliness of the tub itself. However we rinsed it out and the kids enjoyed it. We also reserved a room with a microwave and refrigerator only to find upon arrival that the microwave was missing. We requested a new one and housekeeping literally rushed into the room, tossed it on the counter and told us to just plug it in and use it. In and out in 20 seconds tops with a cigarette in her hand as if we had disturbed her break. Overall it is a fairly clean hotel and if we needed to stop in the area we would probably return due to the location and price. There are better options though and some of these issues should be addressed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your response. All the issues you desussed will be addressed or have already been addressed. I do apologize and thank you for visiting with us. We are in the process in the next few weeks to begin a complete remodel of our guest rooms. Come back and let us know what you think. Safe Travels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel was an excellent value for the money. Very clean, Professional and courteous staff. Great Breakfast. Easy to find. Hotel staff was very accomodating. The pool was closed for maintenance when I was there but the room had a jacuzzi tub as a substitute

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your understanding in regards to the pool being closed for maintenance. I'm glad to hear the staff was friendly and treated you with respect. I do apologize for the pool, however, until the inspector comes to approve of the work done our pool will remain closed. Thank you again for understanding and please come back so you can enjoy our beautiful atrium garden.
Sachse, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I thought getting the deeper jacuzzi tub in the room would be fun for the kids even though we are only staying one night. However, with the black mildew/mold in and around all the jets I can't even put them in for a regular bath. Everything else seems lovely. Wish I had chosen a regular room.

Stayed August 2014
todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for responding to trip advisor. I apologize for the cleaning issue you had in your room. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. We will be addressing it immediately. If you are in this area again, we would love for you to come back and visit. I will personally be checking all jetted tubs to insure that this isn't a continuing problem. Glad to here the rest of your stay was enjoyable. Thanks again for staying with us and hope to see you soon. SAFE TRAVELS
OFallon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Professional staff; nice pool/atrium; Accommodations were very good. Free pizza in the evening and very good continental breakfast (eggs, waffles, cereal, sausage, muffins etc). Well worth the price. Walking distance to several eating locations. We'd stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

todd p, General Manager at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Very pleased to here the compliments you left here on trip advisor. Please come see us again and enjoy the upgrading of our guest rooms. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to you coming to see us again. Have safe travels and remember to always stay at BEST WESTERN...... " PEOPLE WHO CARE".