“It had a terrible smell”

Hampton Inn Elizabethtown
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Lockport, United States
“It had a terrible smell”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The room condition was very subpar for a Hampton. There was a funk in the hotel and the toilet did not work upon check in. The front desk, upon checking in was less than friendly. I normally stay at Hampton Inn hotels when I am with my family on the road. THis hotel may change my mind on that. While the morning staff was excellent, check in was less than one would expect. Cleanliness was severly lacking.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Steven C
HamptonEtownGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Good Morning Steven C,
Thank you for staying with us recently. I want to thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Brand. I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to get our hotel back to the level that you expect when you travel. We are about to remodel all of our guest rooms this Winter and get the condition of the room back to pristine. I think you will be quite impressed once we have completed this process. I have shared this comment with my housekeeping and maintenance staffs, and they are learning from it. Again, thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to another opportunity once we are updated. Thank you and have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Not up to the usual standard of Hampton Inn. The air conditioner was full of mold and mildew and therefore the room smelled horrible. The front desk provided air freshener, but it did not help at all. Carpet in our room and in the hallway by the elevator had multiple, large stains. The bathtub was dirty when we arrived and could not be rinsed easily as the drain was clogged. The sink drain was also clogged.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonEtownGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Hi LoveAVacationMom, I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.
I do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.
Miami, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is obviously an older building that has been renovated; offers a comfortable night's sleep with excellent staff. Elizabethtown tends to be pricey (for this part of the state), and this hotel is priced averagely for the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Colin B, thank you so much for taking time to share such a great report about our Hampton! I am so pleased to hear how our team stepped up to the plate once again!! Hope we'll see you again soon!
Fort Wayne, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel offered an all-around excelent experience. The staff was very friendly throughout my stay. They greeted me quickly upon arrival and the check in process was quite quick. The room was in excellent condition and very clean. Check out was very easy since the receipt for the room was left under the door in the morning. The free breakfast was quite good with a variety of hot and cold items. The hotel is close to many restaurants with a wide choice of cuisines. Some of the resturants offer a discount if you have your room key with you. Or if you prefer to stay in this hotel offers a light dinner on Monday - Wednesday in the lobby. I will difinitely be staying at this hotel again if I get back to Elizabethtown.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear William F, thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts about our hotel. We are beyond thrilled to hear we accomplished our goal of providing you a friendly, clean and pleasant stay. If there's ever anything you see we could be doing better, please let us know! Hope to see you soon in Etown!
Dittmer, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The appearance is fine however we had a problem with water bugs in the room. The beds are also very small if you have more than 2 people in a room. They are fulls and not queeens so please keep this in mind if you are staying with family.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonEtownGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Good Day Michelle H. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience while here at our hotel. We thank you for choosing us for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. Our guest service agents are always looking for the next way to wow our guests, but unfortunatly we did not create an experience to the level of excellence you deserve. Like you said, our beds, while extremely comfortable, are still Doubles as opposed to Queens. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again. Thank you so much for your time. Have a great day!

Jon Cecil
Reviewed 19 July 2013

my room had bugs in it. I was here four a tournament. and me and all my TEAMATES rooms on the first floor had big and small Beatles. and one looked like a silverfish. I will never stay here again and I reccomend u go elsewhere even if its more money. terrible stay

• Stayed July 2013
HamptonEtownGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Hi Jake Wesley, thank you so much for your gift of feedback regarding your stay with us. Without this type of valuable feedback, we are not able to keep improving our hotel and service, and take care of issues when they arise. In this case, we absolutely took care of the root of the issue in the immediate time frame after your departure. I am 100% Hampton Guarantee confident you will receive a completely different experience upon your return to Hampton Elizabethtown and be extremely pleased with the changes. Hopefully you will give us another chance when your travels bring you to Elizabethtown again.

Eva Jackson
Annapolis, MD, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed on night without a reservation. Just happened to stop into Elizabethtown on a long road trip. Saw the Hampton and always had good luck with them so I stopped there, and there were lots of other hotels nearby. Fresh, clean room with a very helpful front desk. Put us next to the elevator, which I didn't like when I first saw it but never heard the elevator at all so must be very quiet. Breakfast was standard Hampton fare with self made waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage, along with fruit, yogurt, etc. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi Clayt L, Thank you so much for taking time to share such a great report about our Hampton! I am so pleased to hear our amenities meet your needs every time you're here, and love to hear how our team stepped up to the plate once again!! Hope we'll see you again soon!

Eva Jackson