“Pleasantly Surprised!”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
South Carolina
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed 11 July 2008

We were in town for a family reunion and stayed here for the weekend. I had read the reviews posted on tripadvisor before going to this Hampton Inn and almost canceled my reservations. After getting there, I was so glad I didn't! Everything was very clean, my beds were comfortable, and overall everything was exceptional. Since other family members were staying there; I was in more than one room and all the room were very well kept. My family was very much satisfied with the service they received. Management to housekeeping is difinitely doing their jobs. Very nice!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank SouthCarolinaPatrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 20 March 2008

I was supposed to be in the area for two nights and have had good experience with other Hamptons, All in all it is an OK place but I was glad to move on.

Check in was disappointing as they said they only had a room with 2 double beds. I checked in and found the bathroom had toiletries and personal items apparently left by the last guest. Not sure what the cleaning staff was thinking to leave them there but it wasn't a good feeling to wonder if they had even cleaned the room.

The beds were small and not comfortable. The linens were an upgrade but you would think they would put in queen size beds. The rest of the room was minimal decorating. A small table and chair, TV on a chest. No fridge or microwave.

Breakfast was ok, hot sausage and small waffles. The coffee was really good, with several different types to choose from.

Staff was friendly and talkative. I didn't use the pool or anything else but it looked to be clean and nice.

• Stayed March 2008
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 January 2008

I stayed here one night on business. When I first pulled up to the hotel, I was really worried. The architecture of the building looked really old and that usually indicates that the hotel has not been upgraded at all. However, much to my delight, it had a little bit. The beds had upgraded linens (most likely not upgraded mattresses though), much of the furniture in my room was newer and the lobby was nice and inviting. The front desk staff was also super pleasant. The main thing I did not like about the hotel include the fact that the walls were super thin. I heard an entire conversation from the people in the next hotel. I also thought the bathroom was a little outdated but at least it was clean. I would probably stay here again but if the hotel is not full, I will request a room not next to anyone.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 5 November 2007

My father and I were on a road trip to Nashville, TN and decided to stay at the Hampton Inn in Elizabethtown. I always try to stay at Hamton Inn's when they are available.

This one was really nice checking in. There is a corner that they use for convenience items you may need or if you want a healthier late night snack. There is a microwave there as well. The indoor pool is right inside the lobby seperated by a wall of glass. Our room was on the second floor and it was mostly clean and VERY comfortable. The beds were great. We went to grab a bite to eat at the Shoney's across the street. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT PLACE!! There was a reason there were only 3 cars in the lot and the Cracker Barrel next door was packed. There are a lot of places to eat right there and within walking distance. We ate, went back to the room and decided to unwind by heading down to the pool/hot tub for a bit. It was really nice. There were towels there for you to use and it was very clean. I went back to the room to take a hot bath (not recomended) and the tub was not nearly as nice as it should have been considering the rest of the hotel. It was not just dirty with a few strands of hair (not the longs ones from your head) but it was also just really grungy. That was honestly the biggest problem I had with the hotel. When we went to bed, I thought it started raining, when we woke up we realized that the AC unit above us was dripping fast at our window. Had I known it wasn't raining out... this would have driven me up the wall. The next morning we went and had the great free breakfast offered by the Hampton Inn's. It was nice... not GREAT but nice. It is free after all. Some hot and cold items as well as pasteries. I would stay there again.

• Liked — It was an excellent location from the highway and right next to gas and food.
  • Disliked — The shower was nasty.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 February 2004

We found a review online which stated that there were microwaves in room and refrigerators and much to our surprise when we opened the door and there were no microwave or refrigerator. There was microwave popcorn in the vending machine. I would not stay if I had known what I know now. The room was not worth the money. MANY other hotel VERY close by.

Mississippi
Reviewed 6 July 2003

We stayed 2 nights, 2 rooms during family vacation in Kentucky. The air conditioner in 1 room was not working properly, so we had to change rooms at 10:00 p.m. However, the only other available non-smoking room had a terrible odor, so we ended up in 2 smoking rooms. They seemed to have some hotel maintenance problems, but the hotel staff tried to be as helpful as they could. Hotel is about average for a quick stay.

4 Thank Scrlet62