“Ignore the construction, a good place to stay”

Courtyard Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We worried a little when we read reviews about construction as this hotel, but it was never a problem for us. The front desk staff helped us with two very specific requests and she was very helpful. We did not have any noise problems, but the hotel was pretty empty while we were there. This courtyard is by far nicer than the Florence Courtyard which I would not recommend.

Room Tip: The fourth floor was quiet
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Cincinnati Airport

Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed only one night in order to attend a football game in Cincinnati in November 2011. The property was everything I expected it to be. It was clean, updated, and comfortable. It is slightly isolated and has a feeling of safety because of that, but it is very close to the airport and a shopping mall and strip centers with nice restaurant offerings. The staff was very friendly. There was a family with four small children staying there and they ended up in the room right next to us. I know because I could hear them yelling and screaming as I walked down the hall to my room. I rolled my eyes at my wife as we entered the room, but as soon as I closed the door I could no longer hear them. It was amazing and quite a relief! The room had a sliding glass door to a balcony and while it was quite soundproof from the ankle biters next door, anyone opening the slider on any of the surrounding rooms created a rumble that could easily disturb your sleep.

I slept on the pull-out bed (no worries, we are happily married!) and was shocked to find that the mattress was firm enough for a comfortable night's sleep. Another pleasant surprise!

The breakfast buffet offered two levels of service. Continental breakfast was $6.99 and a full breakfast was $8.99. We all ordered the full breakfast and it was quite good. I ordered an "everything" omelet and it was delicious. Trust me on this, it was excellent.

Check in and check out was simple and quick. I didn't use the pool, hot tub, or excercise room or any other features. Travel to Downtown Cincinnati was a quick 15 minutes down the highway.

Room Tip: The balcony is nice and has seating, but if you don't care about that, ask for a room that does...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I was slightly jaded to the fact I stayed at an amazing Courtyard just the week before up in Marlborough, MA. Once I re-adjusted my expectations, I can tell you this is a standard Courtyard that meets standard Courtyard expectations.

*Rooms are normal size with comfortable beds. Depending on the room you get, your bathroom will either be right on the other side of your headboard or down a long-ish hall by the door. Not a big deal (I couldn't hear the water in the boathroom or anything)...the perception of the long walk from the door to the bedroom area was confusing until I saw the layout of the bathroom.

*Free wireless internet with standard speeds.

*Gym was lacking. Limited free weights with a single bench.

*Breakfast was amazing. They don't serve meals after breakfast but only 1 exit up the highway are some great places to eat.

*Only 1 exit from the airport. Gas station was very close (just across the bridge) so from checkout to gas to rental car was only about 15 minutes (5 of that spent pumping gas!)

All in all, solid place to stay if you have a couple days in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here just one night while trying to make our way back East after Hurricane Irene grounded most flights going to the Northeast. The front desk staff was very friendly but the hotel itself is incredibly average compared to other Courtyards. It suited our needs just fine, but this is definitely a hotel you stay in for convenience/location only.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank travel141
kkfarfsing, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us in September. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel staff friendly and accomodating. I am sorry to hear that you found that hotel was just average compared to other Courtyards. We are undergoing renovation in November of this year to the common spaces and bedding. We will have a brand new restaurant and lounge, The Bistro, open for breakfast and dinner 7 days a week. We will also have a Starbucks added as well as all new carpeting, lighting, fixtures, furniture and more! All of our rooms will also receive new matresses. I hope that you will return in the future and give us a chance to exceed your expectations. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 June 2011

We stayed here because we went to a wedding in the area and needed an inexpensive place to stay that was clean and safe. We chose this hotel because of those reasons. The staff doesn't really tell you anything and then you get an outrageous bill. They charged $11 for two "long distance" phone calls that were less than 30 seconds each, so that was an additional $22! Then they had notes on water in the room that we understood to mean the water was worth $4.20 and was included as part of our room charge and we could purchase more if we wanted to, but no, they charged us for that water after we left! Another $8.40!! The beds were very uncomfortable and you had to sit down and order breakfast and they wouldn't state anywhere if it was included or you had to pay for that too! They will take every advantage to bill you for every little thing. Spend your Money at SpringHill Suites just down the road and don't get billed for everything you touch!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
kkfarfsing, Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. As always we appreciate hearing from our guests, as the information they provide helps us to learn and grow as a team. I am sorry that your recent stay with us was less than perfect. While we do provide many complimentary amenities, (including free high speed internet) the Courtyard brand as a whole does not provide free long distance calls, free breakfast or complimentary in- room beverages. This is a Marriott standard for the Courtyard brand, and it is very similar to many hotel brands nation and worldwide. Our hotel is focused towards the business traveler, and on weekends we offer discounted rates to off-set the cost of items, such as breakfast, that family and leisure travelers may pay for out of pocket. We have many wedding guests with us each weekend, based on our partnership with a local banquet facility. All of our wedding guests are offered a signifigantly discounted group rate. We are also happy to include breakfast in a group rate at the request of the group contact. The price of breakfast is included on the menus that sit on each table in our Cafe as well. The price of phone call is listed within the in room Guest Directory, as well as on the phone itself. As as mentioned the price of the bottle water was on the bottle itself on a large tag attached to the cap. We would be happy to address any additional concerns via the hotel directly. Please contact us anytime should further explanation be needed on the above items. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 September 2009

I stayed at the Courtyard-Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger 8/29-8/30 for a 1 night stay. In town for a few Reds games and looked somewhere to use my Marriott Rewards Points...as I left Cincinnati I stopped at the Marriott just over the bridge from Cincy...it was under some renovations so the front desk clerk recomended this place. I checked in around 9:30pm with Cheryl(I beleive that was her name..fellow Illinois native)...she was kind and informed me that all the information on the property. She also let me know a wedding party is staying at the hotel but there shouldn't be an issue with noise...if so, just call down to her and she would take care of it. Room was clean, comfortable and updated. No issues whatsoever. Check out was a breeze. I did not use the breakfast buffett/area but on Sunday around 10 they had a decent crowd. Wifi free in hotel and very easy to use. Complimentary printer hook up as I need to print tickets for the game. One big thing happened that I need to point out....after arriving home some 10hrs after check out I realized I left something in the room. I called the front desk that evening and she said housekeeping went home for the evening but call back at 7 the next morning. I spoke with Blair the next morning, explained the situation and within 10 minutes she had my lost item....she arranged for it to sent home and even had the airport shuttle driver get it over to the post office for the Priority Mail pick up in the am. A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED!!! Way to go above and beyond!
Thats why I always stay at Marriotts....

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My family and I stayed here two nights on a recent trip to Cincinnati for a Reds game and a visit to the zoo. The price was right at only $74.00 per night thanks to the Cincinnati USA web site.
The good:
Price, located in what felt like a safe business park area, plenty of parking, clean lobby and rooms.
The bad:
Old uncomfortable mattresses, Internet service in the room did not work, hot tub TOO HOT, pool TOO COLD, no mini-fridge or microwave in rooms, no complementary breakfast, hearing the neighbor close their door to the deck every 2 minutes, no restaurants in the area.
I would not recommend this hotel. There are better options in the area at a competitive price.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport
Cincinnati Airport Marriott
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Quality Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#6 of 9 in Erlanger
DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel

Been to Courtyard Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!