“Very Nice Stay!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice Stay!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Booked 2 rooms for a small family get-together weekend, 4 adults and 3 children. Had adjoining rooms. Rooms were a little smaller than expected but was still comfortable. Slept well. They don't serve a continental breakfast but you are able to order a full breakfast or a la carte items. I ordered a breakfast and shared it with one of my granddaughters. There was plenty for the 2 of us. Starbucks coffee is available as well as juices and smoothies! Also the staff was very friendly and let us have a small birthday pizza party in the common area for our 3 granddaughters ! Everyone was very friendly and nice! Would stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad your enjoyed the adjoining rooms with your family. Satrbucks is a big draw for our Bistro. Many of our guests really enjoy it. As always, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is an awesome hotel, nice modern rooms and kind staff, nice clean pool/hot tub, The rooms were a little small but just right for my needs, if ever in area again will stay here at the Courtyard Marriott.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eli C
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. Please hurry back soon.
United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I will start with the few nice things about this property: good location, great parking, and a beautiful boutique-like property.

It goes downhill, way downhill from there. It is all about poor management - trickling from the top down. After a three disastrous weeks of problem after problem two of us had (two rooms) and a meeting in person with the assistant manager, I tried them for a fourth week. Let me sum up SOME of the problems we had while here. My main message to you, the reader, is to steer completely clear if you have average to high standards on business traveler service.

1. Last night, after the front desk clerk Stephanie, personally trotted me through four unsatisfactory rooms (due to lack of good housekeeping) over a 40 minute period, I finally compromised to stay in the room with one hair on the shower wall and a chest hair and wax buildup on the phone receiver (which I cleaned). After a note this morning I personally handed to the front desk, and after reporting it by the phone to the front desk last night, the hair remained tonight. Oh, and the unsatisfactory rooms included room #1 hair balls in the shower and hairs on shower walls, room #2 fingernail clippings all over the bathroom and bedroom floor, room #3 curdled glass of milk or cream in the small fridge. Again, tired, I gave up and settled on room #4 substandard with hair on the shower, etc. Tonight - no sorry note or phone call, no offer to remedy, no points, I was even charged for a snack. Complete lethargy in management - honestly, they should be fired for not addressing this type of fiasco personally.

2. Inaccuracies on dry cleaning bills and a complete lack of understanding by the front desk clerk that 6% tax on $10 is not $6, it is $.60. At one point, the front desk clerk making this error threw the refund money at my business partner in frustration. Promises by the assistant manager to take the charge off the bill - it never happened.

3. Ordered a grilled cheese and told the café worker that I was vegetarian. Half way into the sandwich I bit into a large hunk of ham. She lazily pulled the ham off a pre-prepared sandwich and totally disregarded I would not want to eat cheese stored with meat (she could have made from scratch). I won't forget to mention she handled money then went back to food with no gloves or washing. I won't forget to mention she griped about working the evening shift to various customers.

4. Ten day old (past due date) milk served.

5. Café does not open at the same time every morning, often it runs up to 30 minutes late on opening.

I am so dragged down on this property I cannot write more - there is plenty more. There are better places - far better. I hope this makes a difference in your decision.

Room Tip: It is hard to recommend where to choose when they have such a severe housekeeping issue.
Green Features: I believe anything this hotel lists for these practices are lip service.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Filipendulous
Jim M, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your response. Your comments have been noted.
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Staff is extremely welcoming and friendly. Rooms are a little small but mostly kept very clean. We did find a beer bottle cap and a pretzel when I moved the armchair over towards the bed, but everything else was clean and well kept. For the price we paid through priceline we were satisfied with this hotel. It was centrally located to Creation Museum, Newport on the Levee, Florence, and downtown Cincinnati.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the feedback. Im glad you enjoyed your stay. There is so many different attractions that are not that far from the hotel. We hope you choose us again te next time your are in the area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Everything about this hotel says, "please enjoy your stay, we want to be your top choice." it's very clean, and the staff are very helpful, especially providing accommodations for our baby (crib and refrigerator). I was also surprised that it was so quiet, despite being near the airport. We were in town to visit family and had planned to stay at my sister's, but she had a bad cold that she didn't want to give to our baby, so we picked this hot, and I'm so glad we did. We had a good restful stay and enjoyed the pool. I really appreciated the care they took to provide a nice stay. Next time, if we can't stay with my sister, we'll definitely be here!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. Its great for us to hear about how we made a positive effect during your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have not written a review for quit some time but this experience made me want to share.
This is my second time staying at tis property. I was pleased on my last visit in Feb.

The airport driver was friendly and helpful, Stepanie at the front desk friendly and very professional. I had dinner at the Bistro and the gal was so nice... I curled up in a big chair and had a great BLT.

I had spent the work week at a Fairfeld inn that just felt like a room. This Courtyard is updated, has great food , a very comfortable lobby area. Perfect for the night before travel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words! We strive to make a positive impact on every guest. Our room renovation is now complete. We hope you stay with us again soon!
Brookville, Ohio
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The rooms were nice and very clean. The Staff was very helpful and professional. Overall great stay and I would not hesitate staying at this location again. The only thing that we didn't like were the showers. They were like something you would find in a nursing home, but overall great stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback! We work very hard to maintain our hotel. Service is big part of it. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Cincinnati Airport Marriott
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
Quality Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#6 of 9 in Erlanger

Been to Courtyard Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!