“Clean, comfortable room but...”

Courtyard Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We enjoyed our 1 night at this hotel- 2 adults and 2 small children. We politely asked if there were any rooms with 2 double beds available. the lady at the front desk said 'well, you booked through Priceline, so there might be an extra charge for a room with 2 double beds'. I know this is a lie because if you just go on their website to look at the rates for the king bed vs. the 2 double beds, they are exactly the same. In the end they just gave us the room we wanted. But the lie about the room rate was ridiculous and was not a great first impression. (We would have settled for the king if need be but much prefer 2 double and have never had another issue with this at other hotels booked through Priceline- and we have booked many.). If I have the opportunity to save around 40 percent on a hotel room, why wouldn't i?! Especially for one night by the airport. The rest of the stay was fine. The room was clean and comfortable. Free wifi was great. The restaurant was pretty good and the ladies who work there were incredibly nice and went above and beyond for us! The airport shuttle was not listed as an amenity and so it was definitely an added bonus to this property. Overall I am happy with the stay but the front desk staff could use some hospitality lessons.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank brewsters123
Jim M, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed many of the aminities of the hotel includung our Bistro. Booking through a third party can be a little tricky. Sometimes there are different rates depending on the amount of beds in the guest room. I'm glad that with your reservation the rates were the same. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Pleasant one night stay while doing business in Florence. Clean and quiet room. One minus bathroom had a sour dishrag odor in it although it looked very clean. Plenty of room with a desk to work at. Comfortable bed and bedding.

Lobby was nice. Had clients meet me there and we had a few beers. Nice atmosphere. One small dislike was bartender was also in charge of making food during happy hour which made people wait several minutes to order a beer. At one point one of us waited ten minutes in line. A bit much to ask one person to do.

Overall experience was very good and would stay here again for $99.

Local Tip. This hotel is close to airport and Shell gas station nest to hotel was 40 cents/gallon higher than the local stations.

Room Tip: Online price was higher than calling desk for corporate rate.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay during your business trip. Thanks for dining with us in out Bistro. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were looking for a hotel with jacuzzi around the Cincinatti area as we had plannned a weekend visit to Newport Aquarium. After surfing the hotel sites late on the Thursday, this one appeared to fit the requirement and had a room available.

I'll start with the positive - the jacuzzi was excellent, just what we needed to unwind after a busy week and a long drive. Located in the corner of the main room where we could see the TV.

Small refrigerator in room but no microwave - quite acceptable as we were expecting to be dining out.

Unfortunaly the negatives seemed to start mounting up. Courtyard sums it up - it certainly wasn't the palace and it felt like the place the second-class citizens would have lived.

We arrived after 10pm and my SO went to see whether the bar/bistro was still open. It was closed but we were able to purchase beer and other drinks but at $6 for a bottle. Tip - if you want beer there is a Shell gas station next door with an extensive beer cave and beer at $1.50 a bottle if you buy a 4 or or a 6 pack.

The room looked tired and in need of refurbishment.

Breakfast NOT included in the room rate.

WiFi coverage in room poor although a wired ethernet internet cable was available. They want you to use WiFi in the lobby area it seems, reading the hotel guide.

Everything apart from the room appeared to be a chargeable extra.

It was located on the ground floor and was classed as a disabled/handicapped/accessible room. There was a walk-in shower in the bathroom which was poorly maintained. the aluminum retaining strip on the shower floor was badly fitted with a raised metal edge - enough to cut your bare toes if you walked into it. This was reported to reception on the Saturday morning, they claim it was investigated but it was never repaired.

We found beer bottle tops under the bed from previous occupants which should have been picked up by housekeeping.

On the second night, we were kept awake by the TV and shouting from the occupants in the room next door until after 2AM. In hindsight I should have called reception to deal with this, when I mentioned it the next morning they did make a note and apologise. The rooms have interconnecting doors which didn't seem particularly soundproof.

To be fair to management - I did raise these issues with the front desk when we checked out and also again via the online guest survey. I received and acknowledgement in the way of an apology from the Rooms Care Manager.

If you stay here and you want to dine out - there is an excellent selection of the usual restaurant chains down in Florence. We ate at IHOP, Red Lobster and Cracker Barrell.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. This helps us to see first hand what our guests encounter. That way we can see where we need to inprove. We hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Booked 2 rooms for a small family get-together weekend, 4 adults and 3 children. Had adjoining rooms. Rooms were a little smaller than expected but was still comfortable. Slept well. They don't serve a continental breakfast but you are able to order a full breakfast or a la carte items. I ordered a breakfast and shared it with one of my granddaughters. There was plenty for the 2 of us. Starbucks coffee is available as well as juices and smoothies! Also the staff was very friendly and let us have a small birthday pizza party in the common area for our 3 granddaughters ! Everyone was very friendly and nice! Would stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad your enjoyed the adjoining rooms with your family. Satrbucks is a big draw for our Bistro. Many of our guests really enjoy it. As always, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is an awesome hotel, nice modern rooms and kind staff, nice clean pool/hot tub, The rooms were a little small but just right for my needs, if ever in area again will stay here at the Courtyard Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eli C

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. Please hurry back soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I will start with the few nice things about this property: good location, great parking, and a beautiful boutique-like property.

It goes downhill, way downhill from there. It is all about poor management - trickling from the top down. After a three disastrous weeks of problem after problem two of us had (two rooms) and a meeting in person with the assistant manager, I tried them for a fourth week. Let me sum up SOME of the problems we had while here. My main message to you, the reader, is to steer completely clear if you have average to high standards on business traveler service.

1. Last night, after the front desk clerk Stephanie, personally trotted me through four unsatisfactory rooms (due to lack of good housekeeping) over a 40 minute period, I finally compromised to stay in the room with one hair on the shower wall and a chest hair and wax buildup on the phone receiver (which I cleaned). After a note this morning I personally handed to the front desk, and after reporting it by the phone to the front desk last night, the hair remained tonight. Oh, and the unsatisfactory rooms included room #1 hair balls in the shower and hairs on shower walls, room #2 fingernail clippings all over the bathroom and bedroom floor, room #3 curdled glass of milk or cream in the small fridge. Again, tired, I gave up and settled on room #4 substandard with hair on the shower, etc. Tonight - no sorry note or phone call, no offer to remedy, no points, I was even charged for a snack. Complete lethargy in management - honestly, they should be fired for not addressing this type of fiasco personally.

2. Inaccuracies on dry cleaning bills and a complete lack of understanding by the front desk clerk that 6% tax on $10 is not $6, it is $.60. At one point, the front desk clerk making this error threw the refund money at my business partner in frustration. Promises by the assistant manager to take the charge off the bill - it never happened.

3. Ordered a grilled cheese and told the café worker that I was vegetarian. Half way into the sandwich I bit into a large hunk of ham. She lazily pulled the ham off a pre-prepared sandwich and totally disregarded I would not want to eat cheese stored with meat (she could have made from scratch). I won't forget to mention she handled money then went back to food with no gloves or washing. I won't forget to mention she griped about working the evening shift to various customers.

4. Ten day old (past due date) milk served.

5. Café does not open at the same time every morning, often it runs up to 30 minutes late on opening.

I am so dragged down on this property I cannot write more - there is plenty more. There are better places - far better. I hope this makes a difference in your decision.

Room Tip: It is hard to recommend where to choose when they have such a severe housekeeping issue.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Filipendulous
Jim M, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your response. Your comments have been noted.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Staff is extremely welcoming and friendly. Rooms are a little small but mostly kept very clean. We did find a beer bottle cap and a pretzel when I moved the armchair over towards the bed, but everything else was clean and well kept. For the price we paid through priceline we were satisfied with this hotel. It was centrally located to Creation Museum, Newport on the Levee, Florence, and downtown Cincinnati.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the feedback. Im glad you enjoyed your stay. There is so many different attractions that are not that far from the hotel. We hope you choose us again te next time your are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Cincinnati Airport, KY
Cincinnati Airport Marriott
Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport-North

Been to Courtyard Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!