“How suite it is!”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Reviewed 4 May 2013

What a pleasant respite from a long car trip! We have never seen so many friendly hotel personnel as at this one. Our suite was beautiful, large and luxurious. The king sized bed was clean, fresh and very comfortable. The suite was large with a separate kitchen area, large living room, large bedroom and a good sized bathroom and 2 flat screen televisions. Everything one would need or want. The continental breakfast was over the top....sausage and biscuits, waffles, eggs, cereals, sweet rolls, juices and much more. Would we stay there again?....in a heart beat.

Room Tip: With Choice hotels...if you stay 2 nights you earn one free night. This was a freebie for us..the r...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn and Suites

Reviewed 23 April 2013

This place was horrible our entire stay & we checked out 2 days earlier than planned. First, our room looked nice, but the window was left open & our shampoo, conditioner & lotion were all used. We ran out of tissues the next day & put the empty box on the sink as a hint that we needed more tissues. Housekeeping took the empty box but didn't replace it. There was no extra toilet paper left even though 1 roll was empty & the 2nd roll was half used. We did not get a bath mat either. We had to go to the front desk to get supplies. The bathroom floor was not mopped. Also they advertised guest laundry facilities, but when we went to check them out our first day there, the washing machine was out of order. We asked when it was going to be repaired & they said it was supposed to be that day. We needed to do laundry on Monday, but it was still out of order. The front desk said we could use one of their industrial washers & dryers, so we ended up doing that which we did appreciate. Housekeeping still didn't give us the supplies we needed, so another trip to the front desk for supplies. Also bathroom floor still not mopped. The next day we stayed in our room because I was not feeling well & we opted not to be disturbed with housekeeping. The following day we did go out & expected our room to be serviced. We also reported that the toilet seat was very loose. We came back at 5:00 p.m. & nothing had been done in our room. As we were leaving at 5:30, we asked the front desk why our room had not been cleaned & the toilet seat was not fixed & they didn't know. They said the housekeepers were all gone for the day & so was maintenance, but they had a part time maintenance guy working there & he offered to do a minor cleaning to our room, mop the bathroom floor, & bring us new supplies & fix the toilet seat. When we got back that evening, the toilet seat was tightened, we had new supplies & the bathroom was clean. He did a better job than housekeeping ever did. However, he must have tightened the toilet seat too much because when I was going to sit down on it, the bolt popped off & the entire toilet seat broke off & fell to the floor. I had barely even touched it & I had to catch myself so I wouldn't fall & hit the tub or the floor. I called the front desk at 9:00 p.m. when this happened & told them we needed a new toilet seat & that we had reported it being loose, but it wasn't fixed correctly. I told them I nearly got hurt really badly but caught myself. They said they only had the part time maintenance guy on duty & they would have him fix it. We waited 2 hours & no one came & we wanted to go to bed. We called the front desk again at 11:00 p.m. & got hung up on. We called again & this time we were told we could go to bed & when we got up, we could call them & they would send maintenance up to fix the toilet seat. We were furious & my husband went down to the front desk & told them to give him a toilet seat from an empty room & he would put it on himself. We needed a toilet seat & could not wait until the next morning. The front desk said they had a shift change & the person working was not told about our toilet seat problem. My husband told them that my back & leg were sore from the near fall because I had to catch myself suddenly. They weren't concerned about that either. The manager came by & asked my husband what was wrong & he told him & the manager asked the front desk if they had gotten maintenance & also asked if they had taken an injury report. Then the manager walked away while my husband tried to tell him about all of our other issues. The front desk did take an injury report & maintenance came with a toilet seat from an empty room because they didn't have any new toilet seats in stock. At 11:30 p.m. maintenance attached the new toilet seat & apologized for the problem we had on the old one he tried to fix. The next day we checked out 2 days early. We ran into the housekeeper on our floor & asked if she had that floor the day before & she said yes. She said she didn't clean our room because we had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, which was absolutely untrue. We had that sign on the door 2 days before & we are absolutely positive it was not left on the door when she said it was. When we checked out, the front desk didn't ask how things were. The entire stay was a nightmare & every day was asked what else was going to happen. It's sad when the part time maintenance guy was the only one who apologized to us. All we heard from the rest of the staff when we complained about housekeeping is that they always had complaints about it for the 2nd floor. One guest told us about having orange peels outside his door in the hallway for several days that were never picked up. One staff member told us that they were losing regular guests that had come there for years because of issues. We definitely will never be back to this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

I travel for a living and this was one of the worst I've seen. The people are very nice but it doesn't compensate for the rooms. Clogged shower. Hair in the tub. Trash by the night stand! Wore my shoes the whole time I was in the room.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We have stayed at this Quality Inn several times over the last year. Each time we have been greeted as we walked in....always with a smile. The rooms have always been very clean!!! The lobby area is actually a very nice place to sit. During our last stay, Amanda was right there to check us in (no wait!). Everyone there is ALWAYS friendly (for real...not just because the boss is there or because they are told to be friendly). Amanda demonstrated that "excellent service" attitude...we needed to find a store such as Walmart. I asked her if she knew where the closest store would be. She went online, searched for the closest store and printed out the directions! The next morning, the breakfast was set up and among the best continental breakfast I've seen. Wide variety AND most importantly...fresh. I feel bad that I do not remember the employee's name (Mary perhaps) that is in charge of breakfast. She was friendly and made sure we had everything we needed and that we enjoyed it. Overall....our experience has been outstanding here! I commend the management staff for employing the right people and obviously making it a nice place to work!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
General M, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

I just wanted to take some time to thank you for the positive feedback on your stay here with us at Quality inn. We take pride in ur work here and obviously you noticed. We would like to personally invite you to make us your choice every time your in the area and look forward to greeting you with a smile upon your next arrival. Have a wonderful day and again,
Thanks

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is not the RITZ CARLTON, BUT...if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, convienint to airport, levee, downtown, and all of the sports arenas at an affordable price then this is where you want to stay. I have stayed here on at least a dozen different occassions. The only problem I ever encountered was a lightbulb that blew when I turned in on, the front desk very quickly moved me to a new one. I will continue to use this location ANY time I am in the Tri-state area. Also looks like new carpet and updated decor since my last stay. Excellent centrally located 10 min from all attractions. Also, I have been here during many of these so called terrible front desk experiences, these are the same people who are so very kind and helpful, maybe it is because I am from the south where we respect and treat others as we would like to be treated... just a thought.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Upon check in, the front desk gal says, if you have any problems call me. At 10:30 PM getting ready to retire for the night, I had no heat in the room. Just luke warm air. Wanted to switch out to another room. Call the lobby for an hour and no one was there. When I got up at 6:30 to take a shower, I had no hot water. Luke warm water. The mirrors did not get steamed up. Spoke with the gal who worked a double and she told me she was not at the desk because, she was running the shuttle bus back and forth to the airport. The Patel Manager was rude and unprofessional and would not give a refund saying everything work. I called Choice Hotels and they just as unprofessional saying the hotel was independently own and a franchise.

Glad to see I am not the only person on here who has give the dump a terrible review.

Room Tip: Read the reviews and you will be swayed to look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Herr M
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Checked in about 11:00pm on Saturday 1/19/2013 with my wife. They had a package that included tickets for the Creation Museum the next day. Something odd about the check-in was that we had a King room reserved and the clerk asked us if we would like two queens instead. I never been asked that before and didn't pay too much attention to it. I asked if the queens were a bigger room and he said no. Then he said he would upgrade us to a room with a microwave and refridgerator. I said thanks. It was on the fourth floor near the end of the hall (405).

Sunday, at about 11:30am, before we were about to leave, my wife asked me if she should take the Kindle Fire with us or leave it in the room. I told her I never had anything taken from a room before in my years of travelling on business. She put it in a zipper case with her bible and left it on the desk. We went to the museum and dinner with relatives in the area and returned about 9:15pm. The first thing I noticed was my suitcase was opened. I second guessed myself that I may have left it opened before we left, although I never do that.

At 10:00pm, my wife looked in her case for the Kindle and it was not there. We searched the room and it was not anywhere. I went to the desk and the woman working (Megan) was helpful. She said she would try to contact the cleaning person and see if she took it and would return it (no questions asked). The cleaning person said she did not take it, so the clerk called the police.

The police questioned the cleaning person and searched her car and hotel room, but could not find anything. The General Manager came in and was apologetic, however had been at a party an claimed to have a couple of drinks. The police tried the surveilence cameras, but they were not working at that part of the hotel (as if the check-in clerk planted us there purposely). Also, since the room was not broken into and a card key can be traced, the only keys that cannot be traced are the master keys. If not the maid, then maybe the checkin clerk?

The next morning at check-out, the General Manager was behind the counter, but would not look at me and just looked at the screen typing. I asked him if they found the Kindle and he said no coldly. (He was so apologetic the night before, but didn't want to be bothered with it or me now). I thought he would of at least compted the rooms for the two nights, which was a lot less that the cost of a new Kindle, but no.)

When I contacted Choice hotels direct, they said the hotel is owned and operated independently and the had no responsibility.

In closing, we got a good deal with the room price, but when you count a $220 loss of a Kindle and cover, and violated by having someone go through your things, (while not having surveilence cameras going), this hotel should be AVOIDED.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tom S
RaajP, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Dear Guest,
I understand your frustration. Having something stolen from your hotel room is rare, but when it happens you can feel helpless. I can assure you that our front desk did not intentionally place you in a room away from camera view to set up some scheme for your Kindle. This is the first time that the hotel has ever had theft from a guests room occur. We have security cameras in the hallways and we can monitor who goes in and out of our parking lot.
The location of our hotel is near the Airport, there is a very low crime rate, and the average income per household is much higher than the national average. We are situated right in between two counties so there are plenty of law enforcement agents nearby at any given moment. Due to our close proximity to the Airport, we have the CVG Airport Police who have jurisdiction over three local counties located just down the road.
Unfortunately, you were not the only victim, we had another guest who reported stolen items, and after the police reviewed the cameras again we were able to find and incarcerate the thief. Please contact us so we can work with the local law enforcement agencies in recovering your Kindle.
Again, I deeply regret that this happened during your stay with us. The good news is that we were able to find out who was responsible and hopefully after you contact us we can work together to find or replace the item.
Rest assured, we are confident that this will not happen again and I would like to extend an invitation to you for a complementary night stay with us again. Call us and mention this listing to arrange for the visit. I really hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#18 of 28 in Florence
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Courtyard Cincinnati Airport

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!