“Hmm. Its nice here...but you can't run out of coffee.”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Mount Airy, NC
“Hmm. Its nice here...but you can't run out of coffee.”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My son and I stayed two nights. We were there for a karate tournament being held in Cincinnati, so we weren't there very much. Just to sleep. First impression was that the front desk, although very nice, definitely needed help. Too many people had to wait for assistance, while the front desk person juggled desk, phone and anything else that came her way. Room was very clean and everything worked properly. The A/C unit was kind of tricky, but overall everything was functional. We stayed at the end of one of the halls, so our sleep was basically undisturbed. Very quiet. The morning breakfast was good, complete with everything a guest might want, but I was very disappointed in the lack of coffee...both mornings. They completely ran out and it didn't seem like a priority to the staff. Many of the other guests were also disturbed by the lack of java and it actually sparked conversation with otherwise complete strangers. The second morning we, along with other some of the other guests, were trying to check out. The unfortunate thing was that is apparently was right in the middle of "shift change". The desk person that was getting off was in a hurry to leave and so she left desk "empty". I don't own a hotel...but that seemed very wrong. The person coming on the clock had to pull double duty as a van driver to ferry people to the airport...so it caused a bit of a snag in our departure plans. In fact, it made me late getting to our first event that morning. He finally returned and did the absolute best he could with the situation he was left with. I give him a solid "A" for flexibility & a calm demeanor in the face of disgruntled hotel guests. Overall it was a good stay. The housekeeping staff we dealt with were very helpful. However, I would suggest a little tighter control from management. I think it may have been awhile since things have been observed in their natural habitat.

Room Tip: Definitiey try and stay at the end of the hallway. Check the A/C unit when you first get to your ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
RaajP, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for all the great feedback as we are always looking to improve our facility and guests experience. We hope that the next time your in town you give us another opportunity to WOW you. With many renovations and new management put into place we have made many positive improvements and hope you will come to experience those. Again thanks for taking the time to give us valuable feedback and have a wonderful day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I recently stayed at this property while attending my son's wedding. I must say that I was pretty disappointed. First of all, when I made my reservations, I was supposed to receive a special rate for the wedding party. The operator had no idea what I was talking about and finally called a manager to get it booked. Then, when we checked in, I was told they didn't have the type of room that I booked! Wow, really! I showed her my confirmation sheet where it clearly identified the type of room and rate. She fumbled around a little more and then told me she didn't have any rooms available! How does that happen! Here I am with a family of five out of town for my son's wedding with no place to stay!! Anyway, miraculously, not only one, but two rooms became available and they were able to accomodate us! Upon entering our rooms, we couldn't hardly stand it. They smelled bad and the air conditioning wasn't even functioning in one so it was stifling. There were also what seemed like a thousand dead bugs on the window sill inside the room. Back down to the desk we went and through the process of moving to two different rooms (but they didn't have any rooms, right). The new rooms didn't smell as bad (4th floor) and were fairly clean. The breakfast was a typical "free" breakfast and had a decent selection of foods. What disgusted me was the fact that a worker was toasting bread and eating while stocking and overseeing the guest food, that is gross. The primary reason this hotel was chosen was the fact they accomodate pets and if she had it to do over again, my new daughter-in-law would not choose here again!! I know she felt pretty bad and was very upset not only over what we went through, but many of our wedding guests experienced similar unpleasant issues.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
I wanted to take some time and thank you for your valuable feedback as we are always trying to improve our facility and guest experience. I would like to cordially invite you to give us another chance at showing you what a positive guest experience can be like. We have made many renovations to our facility and put new management into place. We hope you can give us the opportunity to change your opinion of our staff and facility so the next time your in town give us a try and I promise to not disappoint you.
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The room itself was average, the king size bed was the best feature. Bathroom could use some updates and shower was below grade. The cooling/heating unit definitely needs replaced (old). Because the property is on an interstate & very near a major airport, early morning was noisy. Great selection for breakfast bar, but my husband thinks he got food poisoning hours later (can't prove it, but he ate nothing else the rest of day)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great feedback we hope you will give us another opportunity to Wow you with many renovations and new management.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Hotel is great. We had a suite which had two rooms, clean and very comfortable. Really nice.

But there the good news ends. Zero quality control yet again. Shower doesn't work properly, tap runs at a dribble, safety rail drops out. Breakfast day 1 was 2 hours late - no food. Day 2 they ran out of skimmed milk. Breakfast is a joke.

A real shame.

Complete lack of basic management and simple quality control. Someone needs to get a grip.

Noisy room from road noise.

Room Tip: Don't stay there. If you must get a room at the front. As it's a choice hotel can I suggest...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Erlanger hotels

Waterville, Ohio
Reviewed 4 May 2013

What a pleasant respite from a long car trip! We have never seen so many friendly hotel personnel as at this one. Our suite was beautiful, large and luxurious. The king sized bed was clean, fresh and very comfortable. The suite was large with a separate kitchen area, large living room, large bedroom and a good sized bathroom and 2 flat screen televisions. Everything one would need or want. The continental breakfast was over the top....sausage and biscuits, waffles, eggs, cereals, sweet rolls, juices and much more. Would we stay there again?....in a heart beat.

Room Tip: With Choice hotels...if you stay 2 nights you earn one free night. This was a freebie for us..the r...
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This place was horrible our entire stay & we checked out 2 days earlier than planned. First, our room looked nice, but the window was left open & our shampoo, conditioner & lotion were all used. We ran out of tissues the next day & put the empty box on the sink as a hint that we needed more tissues. Housekeeping took the empty box but didn't replace it. There was no extra toilet paper left even though 1 roll was empty & the 2nd roll was half used. We did not get a bath mat either. We had to go to the front desk to get supplies. The bathroom floor was not mopped. Also they advertised guest laundry facilities, but when we went to check them out our first day there, the washing machine was out of order. We asked when it was going to be repaired & they said it was supposed to be that day. We needed to do laundry on Monday, but it was still out of order. The front desk said we could use one of their industrial washers & dryers, so we ended up doing that which we did appreciate. Housekeeping still didn't give us the supplies we needed, so another trip to the front desk for supplies. Also bathroom floor still not mopped. The next day we stayed in our room because I was not feeling well & we opted not to be disturbed with housekeeping. The following day we did go out & expected our room to be serviced. We also reported that the toilet seat was very loose. We came back at 5:00 p.m. & nothing had been done in our room. As we were leaving at 5:30, we asked the front desk why our room had not been cleaned & the toilet seat was not fixed & they didn't know. They said the housekeepers were all gone for the day & so was maintenance, but they had a part time maintenance guy working there & he offered to do a minor cleaning to our room, mop the bathroom floor, & bring us new supplies & fix the toilet seat. When we got back that evening, the toilet seat was tightened, we had new supplies & the bathroom was clean. He did a better job than housekeeping ever did. However, he must have tightened the toilet seat too much because when I was going to sit down on it, the bolt popped off & the entire toilet seat broke off & fell to the floor. I had barely even touched it & I had to catch myself so I wouldn't fall & hit the tub or the floor. I called the front desk at 9:00 p.m. when this happened & told them we needed a new toilet seat & that we had reported it being loose, but it wasn't fixed correctly. I told them I nearly got hurt really badly but caught myself. They said they only had the part time maintenance guy on duty & they would have him fix it. We waited 2 hours & no one came & we wanted to go to bed. We called the front desk again at 11:00 p.m. & got hung up on. We called again & this time we were told we could go to bed & when we got up, we could call them & they would send maintenance up to fix the toilet seat. We were furious & my husband went down to the front desk & told them to give him a toilet seat from an empty room & he would put it on himself. We needed a toilet seat & could not wait until the next morning. The front desk said they had a shift change & the person working was not told about our toilet seat problem. My husband told them that my back & leg were sore from the near fall because I had to catch myself suddenly. They weren't concerned about that either. The manager came by & asked my husband what was wrong & he told him & the manager asked the front desk if they had gotten maintenance & also asked if they had taken an injury report. Then the manager walked away while my husband tried to tell him about all of our other issues. The front desk did take an injury report & maintenance came with a toilet seat from an empty room because they didn't have any new toilet seats in stock. At 11:30 p.m. maintenance attached the new toilet seat & apologized for the problem we had on the old one he tried to fix. The next day we checked out 2 days early. We ran into the housekeeper on our floor & asked if she had that floor the day before & she said yes. She said she didn't clean our room because we had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, which was absolutely untrue. We had that sign on the door 2 days before & we are absolutely positive it was not left on the door when she said it was. When we checked out, the front desk didn't ask how things were. The entire stay was a nightmare & every day was asked what else was going to happen. It's sad when the part time maintenance guy was the only one who apologized to us. All we heard from the rest of the staff when we complained about housekeeping is that they always had complaints about it for the 2nd floor. One guest told us about having orange peels outside his door in the hallway for several days that were never picked up. One staff member told us that they were losing regular guests that had come there for years because of issues. We definitely will never be back to this place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

I travel for a living and this was one of the worst I've seen. The people are very nice but it doesn't compensate for the rooms. Clogged shower. Hair in the tub. Trash by the night stand! Wore my shoes the whole time I was in the room.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#19 of 28 in Florence
Comfort Suites Cincinnati Airport

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!