“Almost there!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Almost there!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn in Erlanger for two nights (June 30-July 2). The hotel is large with plenty of parking. The indoor pool was wonderful. Unlike other indoor pools, this one was air conditioned and a pleasure swim in. Other indoor pools are humid and steamy. I feel the pool, along with the hotel lobby were the true gems. The rooms on the first floor, where I stayed were very clean, however, the carpet was stretched and wrinkled, which tells me it was in need of being redone. Sure enough, I was advised that the 4th and 5th floors had already been remodelled and that the 1st fl. was due to be renovated in November. Also, if travelling with the family, and looking to save money, you'll have to drive quite a bit in order to save on meals. The fact is, they have a restaurant on site, but, food for a party of four can be expensive. All in all, we enjoyed our stay there, and if not for the carpeting and outdated furniture, would have given it 5 stars.

Room Tip: Until all the floors are fully renovated, I'd ask for a room on the 4th or 5th floor which I und...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Randolph
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My name is Robert Orleck. I am the reunion organizer for the DESTROYER USS ORLECK DD 886 ASSOCIATION. We just concluded our Northern Kentucky Reunion and every aspect of it was great. Not only is Northern Kentucky a premier destination point, it has some great hotels. I spent a great deal of time choosing our hotel and our events. When all was said and done, the controlling reason for choosing, was the people. The Holiday Inn is a great property, however, you might find others you might like a little more. What you won't find is a staff that is dedicated to making your event their event and making it as special as you dream it would be. I have never dealt with such accomodating people as Molly Fruin and Greg Hurst, in the 20 years I have been doing reunions for our group. We have been to many fine destinations and stayed in many fine hotels, but when you couple what this Holiday Inn has physically with the great humans it has working there, you get a hotel that rises right to the top. The friendliness of all the staff, no matter what their job, was exceptional and friendly. I heard many greetings to me before I even saw the person. I can sum it up by saying they made me, as a reunion planner, look real good to the people I serve. Bob Orleck

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Last minute decision to stay .... Husband had early morning flight . We live in Lexington area and normally stay at Marriott or doubletree. Both were booked. Other hotels had outrageous rates, were booked or had horrible reviews. Reds were in town and NASCAR race this weekend has things busy. All that said...hotel was great...was very busy for a Tuesday night . It has been recently renovated. We got a great rate. Room was quiet... Bed was comfy. Employees very nice. Free Internet. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012
Brewster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We had our Reunion at this hotel. We had 160 attendees. The service and care were fantastic. If we needed anything it was done cheerfully. Molly was the greatest and her staff. They made our stay very memorable Thanks so much.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 June 2012

If you're making a trip to Cincinnati and don't want the hustle and bustle of downtown but still want to be close enough to enjoy the city, stay here. Clean, larger hotel with great service at a good value.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank wccope
Singapore
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Holiday Inn CVG is a great place to stay. I recently stayed for 3 nights on business as this was my company corporate hotel. Free airport shuttle to CVG, with their green bus, impossible to miss, 5mins to CVG.
Rooms were clean but like most American hotels, decor needs some work. Internet wi-fi in room was free and fast. Toilet had a coffee making machine (weird location to be in toilet). No fridge in room.
Mckenna eating place at the lobby served great chow. Opposite hotel had a gas station for any simple buys. Hotel provided free shuttle to Crestfield Town shopping mall, its the nearest to hotel and good for some shopping. Dicks Sporting Goods also nearby for sports fans
Will stay at Holiday Inn CVG again

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Sacramento
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

This is a very convenient place for me since I fly in for short stays. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport. They even take me to my customers site which is on the way to the airport. This way I don't need a rental car at all. Staff very nice. Room is a little pricey but overall for me it's worth it. Nice pool and whirlpool and exercise room.

• Stayed May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Cincinnati Airport Marriott
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Courtyard Cincinnati Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Quality Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#6 of 9 in Erlanger
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence

Been to Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!