“Exactly what you expect for the price”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The motel is acceptably average for the price and location. The floor does have some staining as well as the comforters, but not enough to send me running since I the first thing I do is pull off the comforters anyway. The toilet handle did not work but within 10 minutes of our arrival, a handyman was there with a housekeeper who had cleaned the room earlier. The shower did not drain well and there was standing water as we showered (to our ankles). There was also a missed dirty glass from the previous occupants.
However, we stayed here because it is considerably cheaper than surrounding motels. The room is clean with a fridge and microwave. The continental breakfast is the standard oatmeal and Hostess muffins, perfectly fine for a quick bite. We stayed at the room on the end of the office side, on the opposite side it is next to the parking lot for a local bar.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TheDom
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 21 May 2011

Spent a night here on the last night of a multi-night trip, using Choice Privileges points for a free stay. No complaints from me about this facility.

The room was acceptably clean, had a microwave and fridge, good water pressure in the shower, good wi-fi. My room was in the first building near the office, there are a couple of other buildings that make up this facility. Had an outside entrance and was able to park outside my door. It would have been nice if there had been a porch or awning over the front door because it was raining a bit when I got there.

I got a free night here, but apparently the rates are fairly inexpensive and I would definitely stay here again if needing to overnight in the NKY/Greater Cincinnati area. The hotel is close to the shopping areas in Florence, the airport, I-71/I-75 and I-275. It's directly behind a Speedway if you need a late-night snack or drink.

No complaints from me about this motel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank millenniumhwy
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I've stayed at this property twice. Personally, I love these style of motor inns with the single-story exterior corridors. I booked a night here via Choice Hotels Reservation for a mid-week job in the Cincinnati area.

Firstly, The motel offers many ammenities for an economy motel: free wi-fi, cable TV (w/ HBO), microwave, refrigerator, ironing board, coffee maker, alarm clock. The room (on my recent stay) was reasonably cleaned, but outdated. The carpet is wearing thin/ faded. There was a considerable amount of dust noted (people with dust allergies may want to stay elsewhere). There was also some wear on the old tile in the shower.

The continental breakfast is actually pretty decent (although the room is big enough for 5-6 adults. Definitely treat it as a grab-n-go breakfast. The breakfast includes cereal, pastries, fresh fruit, bagels/toast, juice, and a Douwe Egbert's coffee machine.

Overall, this property has major potential for updating. The layout is excellent. In current condition, I wouldn't recommend the motel for any more than a single night, but it's far from horrible.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank hypshark
Reviewed 20 June 2010

We were in the area for a family reunion. We got there before everyone else and asked for a non smoking room due to the fact that we do not smoke and have a small toddler. The minute we walked in we were overtaken by the smell of smoke in our non smoking room. We ran the air cond for quite some time to try and clear it out but even with the air cond on full blast it never blew cold air. The bed was hard and our toilet was cracked. When my child complained that he was having a hard time breathing we were out of there. The hotel thankfully did not charge us since we had only been there an hour. The room did have a microwave and refrigerator which was nice but that is about all I can say is nice about this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2009

This Econo Lodge is a suitable, inexpensive motel convenient to I-75.

It has the five things I look for in a budget motel -- cleanliness, cable TV, air-conditioning that works, wireless Internet that works, and a shower with some pressure. This place meets all of those expectations. Also, breakfast is available, although I did not partake.

It is far enough off the highway that road noise is not a problem. Close to fast food restaurants, convenience stores, etc.

For under $50 a night (I had a discount code), you can't expect much better.

(I also stayed at the Econo Lodge in Acworth, Ga., the night before this one; the Georgia property was slightly "nicer," with more conveniences adjacent to the property. See that review.)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2008

What a joke! My boyfriend and I checked into this local hotel and our first room was hot AND humid upon entering the room. The A/C was on high cool and high fan but barley blowing. There were wasps crawling on the curtains. We requested another room due to the lack of A/C and wasps and was told the maintenance man would come to check the A/C. I told my boyfriend to refuse because by time they come to check it we'll be soaked with sweat and then they would just end up moving us to another room anyway. We inisisted on another room. The second room was hot and humid also but not as bad as the first-probably because it was on the first floor. We were there for a couple of hours upon which I told my boyfriend we should ask them to come and feel how hot and humid the room was and request a refund. The maintenance man said the A/C was fine in our first room and the second one. The clerk would not even give my boyfriend a receipt for the room he had paid for prior to our checking in, with cash, until the manager called her from the room we were in to tell her she could! We paid for the room-were we not entiltled to a receipt? This clerk and her manager (on the phone in our last room) disscussed, in front of my boyfriend and I, how "they knew that's all we wanted was to do our thing and then get our money back." First of all, I don't think it's anyone's business what people do in a hotel room. It was rude, disprectful and unacceptable on their part. The issue is the room was substandard as well as the A/C system and the first room was infested with wasps. Don't insult the customer because you are not offering the product you say you are. Not to mention if we or any other lodger or worse-their child or an elderly person-had an allergic reaction to a wasp sting! We paid for an air conditioned room. That's not what we received.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 27 July 2008

This is one of the most disgusting hotels that I have ever stayed at. The room was small and smelled of stale cigerettes and B.O. As if this was not enough, when getting ready for bed I pulled back the sheets and blankets (as I have been taught to do to check for foreign 'objects') and found a small bug. Thinking this bug was nothing (mostly because it was the only one seen at this time) I was just going to squish it. I squished it and out came the blood of whatever human it had bitten previously. It was a bed bug. Though these are not uncommon in a hotel setting the next hours of our stay were tainted by these little things. That night we were forced to stay in the room due to all area hotels being booked. One crawled up my leg, one on my neck and finally the last straw was the one that I brushed from my face. This one stayed living and was taken (pillow and all) to the office for inspection and a way too calm complaint. Needless to say we were refunded for our stay and I will be hesitant to stay in any sort of public lodging facility from this point on.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank ewingc321
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport
Days Inn Florence
Days Inn Florence
#12 of 28 in Florence
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!