“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Clarksville
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband were in Cincinnati for the weekend and chose to stay here based on location and price. We were very pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel and our stay was. The people are super nice and very communicative, helpful and friendly. They let your pet (first 1) stay free, they offer a military discount (just ask and show your card) and the check in/out process is very quick and pleasant. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful. There were more choices than some other hotels. The rooms are exactly like you see them on the websites, the bed was EXTREMELY comfortable, the rooms are very clean and decorated nicely. It was very quiet the entire time we were there. The hotel itself is located across the street from a gas station and a few different restaurants. You are within minutes of Newport Ky and Cincinnati. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in town!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Stephens City, Virginia
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I don't know what it is about RRI around the Cincinnati Airport, but they don't last long. This is either the second or third different RRI in the past 8 years by the Airport.

This incarnation is an old Comfort Inn. The location is great, by the interstate and close to the airport. It has a pool, and it was open! Outdoor, but it's August. Breakfast was served, but it closes at 9AM, a bit early for travelers that cross timezones. 10am would be nicer.

The room was nice, but the carpet needed to be changed ASAP. Needed an Oil Change for sure. No bad smells except when the initial blast from the AC unit and dissipated quickly. The balcony was a nice addition, but all in all, the room was well worn and run down.

Spend some coin and update it to the new RRI standards and you could have a really money maker with the updated furniture, bedding, and upscale floors. Until then, just an average budget motel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark T
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I would like to thank Terri and Esther for their great hospitality and friendliness during my stay. Thanks to them, I will return. Rooms were somewhat updated, but shower head needs replaced. Not good water pressure for showering. Breakfast needs to be extended on the weekends to 10 am, instead of closing up at 9 am.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Waterloo, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The short of it-I would look elsewhere. We traveled from St Louis to NIagra Falls and back. This hotel was one of 5 we stayed in, This included another Red Roof Inn at Columbus the night before. The one in Columbus was excellent. This Erlanger location is in serious need of maintenance. One of the elevators was out and ice machines were missing from most of the locations. We were on the 4th floor in the smoking area-granted this was at my request. But I am a smoker and felt like I needed a shower after leaving this hotel. The stench was that bad! Our walls had damage and aside from the stale smell, our room just felt dirty overall. The lobby was fine as far as that goes-no indication of a problem there. The staff however was excellent, very friendly and helpful. But the place is in bad disrepair-at least the top floor. Cannot speak for the others.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, avoid the fourth floor and forego the smoking room. There are balconies for...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Erlanger hotels

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Ok, so if you aren't a neat freak and you just need a quick place to stay, not too expensive, this is your place. The curtains have weird little holes in them, maybe from moths or cigarette burns. The shower curtain didn't cover all the way and water leaked all over the floor. It was clean enough. We just needed a place to stay after a Reds game and this was the only place with rooms that wasn't over 200 dollars per night. It was ok. Next time I will plan in advance and get a nicer hotel room.

• Stayed July 2013
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Reserved this hotel because it had really great reviews and the price was really great. I should've stuck with my normal, slightly more expensive, 3 star hotel. I would've gladly paid the price had I known how bad this Red Roof is. We have stayed in several Red Roofs over the past 10 years and have never had a complaint. Everything has always been clean and in order.
As soon as we walked into this one, the smell hit us really hard. It is a dual smoking and non smoking hotel. So you might as well say it's an all smoking hotel. Our room was a little far from the elevator so we decided to take the stairs. Holding your breath from the 3rd floor down to the first floor, when walking behind a slow 3 year old, is pretty difficult. There are several no smoking signs on the entrances to the stairwell but apparently people here aren't know for their ability to follow rules.
The ceiling all through the hotel has stains from what looks to be like water leaks. The walls in the room and hallways are filthy. They should invest in some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. The caulking around the bathtub is peeling and really gross looking and the bottom of the tub is stained.
Each room has a patio, which would be neat if I felt safe going out there. There is rust, peeling paint, spider webs and other types of nests infesting the entire patio area. The room was also missing the blow dryer it was supposed to have.
The beds are clean and look brand new, which is the only thing good I can say about this hotel.
So if you don't mind breathing very little, and being surround by dirty walls and stained ceilings, this might be the place for you.
I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Donald G
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Like so many comments before me I will stress again: if you are expecting the Marriot for 59 bucks, you're dumber than you look. This is a nice hotel for the price. I was only staying here so that I wouldnt have to wake up at 3 am to catch an early flight. When I called to make my res the lady I spoke with was so very sweet. She was even better in person. She gave me a very nice room that was both clean and quiet. The other staff members were equally cordial. The next time I am up in Northern Kentucky I will be sure to stay here again. I'm sorry if you disagree, but we will have agree to disagree. Terry you are the best!

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Days Inn Florence
Quality Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#6 of 9 in Erlanger
WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence

Been to Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!