“Stolen Property”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Abilene, Texas
“Stolen Property”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I traveI for a living and I stupidly left a .45 revolver in a room at this hotel due to a rushed checkout. I know, dumbest thing I've ever done. I call back 6 hours later to an extremely unhelpful woman at the desk who takes around 4 hours to get back to me with an answer (I called back every hour also). "Nobody found anything in the room". I told her exactly where I left it and that the police would be involved shortly and got a "That will be just fine". Do not stay here under any circumstances.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bryan K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kirklin, Indiana
Reviewed 26 August 2012

They did tell me they were in the process of remodeling, which was very much needed, but the condition was much worse than I expected. The building was wrapped in caution tape, the parking lot and outside walkways were dirty, the parking lot had a large hole where the earth underneath had eroded, the dumpster was overflowing, and I could keep going. Inside the room, it was old and in need of both updating and repair. The shower curtain rod was falling down, the tub drain would not plug, the knob changing the tub faucet from tub to shower was broken, and the sheets had holes in them from cigarette burns. Bed was not the worst I have slept in, but I can't say it was comfortable. Bring your own pillows! You need two of the hotel pillows to make the thickness of a typical pillow. The curtain over the window in the room would not shut completely and to lock the deadbolt took some maneuvering back and forth of the door. The coffee pot and Wi-fi listed on the website were non-existent. There may have been a contenential breakfast, but I was not given any information about it, and after my experience with the room, I did not want to stick around long enough in the morning to inquire about it. The price was good and the manager was accommodating, but I would not be comfortable taking my children there or staying there alone again. The room was fairly clean, but very run down. The place has potential to be a decent place to stay after they are finished remodeling as long as they clean up thoroughly outside and make the needed updated and upgrades inside.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Don't be put off by the rough exterior. This motel is a gem.
The manager, Sadiq, was not disturbed by our super-thorough check for bedbugs.
He watched us with a smile that said "look all you want, you won't find anything."
The sink area and bathroom had been remodeled. They were impressive.
Tim did a great job keeping the rooms clean.
We had a car problem when we checked in. We needed to get on the road the next day.
Robert, the night manager, recommended Bob's Service on Dixie highway.
Tom (who is Bob's son) needed only 43 minutes to listen to my troubles,
diagnose the problem, and fix the car. Hard to believe but true.
Clean, comfortable, bug-free rooms. A helpful staff.
I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2012

While the rooms are in need of updating, the employees at this hotel are wonderful and the customer service was great. It was clean, bug-free and a good place to stay if you need a low cost room. They were so nice and tried their best to accomodate us. They are in the process of remodeling, give them a chance!

Room Tip: If you are not happy with the room, just tell them. They are more than willing to help.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Britton
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Drove down for the NASCAR race, hotel is located directly off 75 and we had no problems with traffic before or after the race. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Staff was exceptional. Owner/Manager allowed us to park motorcycle in front of office window where he and his staff were able to watch it all night for us. They provided us with a full hot breakfast (not continnental) in the morning. Plans to make this ride down for race again next year and this is where we'll be staying. Can't say enough about how wonderful the staff was.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill M
North of Boston
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Booked over the internet, just wanting a cheap place to sleep for a few nights. Didn't look at reviews.

Positives: The room had electricity and the air conditioner worked. The door did lock, eventually. And the lady at the front desk was quite friendly.

On the other hand: No room phone. No chairs. No tissues, and a quarter-roll of toilet paper (had to buy more on our own). Carpet looked like angry leopards had been at it. Toilet not fully attached - could rock yourself to sleep on it, should you be inclined. Spiderwebs in shower (left them in place, figuring spiders might protect us from other insects), dead bugs on floors, other guests' leftovers in drawers, lump of dog feces in the parking out outside our room door for at least the two days we stayed. Ice machine was empty the one time I tried it (though there was a heat wave, so perhaps it was being overworked). A gent banged on the door to collect dirty towels one day; hours later we went to the front desk and were told all the towels were still being washed so we couldn't have any yet. Stopper in the sink didn't work - I climbed underneath and fixed it, just out of pity. No maid service, other than the towel man. Slept on top of the spread, mostly so I wouldn't have to know what lived below it.

In sum: The kind of place that federal inmates might file a civil rights suit over, and win.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank maldonian
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I know we did not pay a big price for the room, but I at least expected it to be clean. It was not!!! Filthy, cobwebs in corners, pillowcases looked like someone had been killed in there with the stains. I requested new pillow and pillowcases, never got. Chair and ottoman was so stained, and broken. Horrible experience, never to return again!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Honeyknuckle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport
Days Inn Florence
Days Inn Florence
#11 of 28 in Florence
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport

Been to Country Hearth Inn? Share your experiences!