“Place is nice and comfortable.”

Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport - Erlanger, KY
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stay in a lot of hotels, and although it is not a 5 star hotel it is very nice. It is still being renovated at this time but they make up for the slight mess with the friendly staff and hard work. The housekeeping is great, and Trish has been very helpful and works hard as do the rest of the staff. They keep it clean and well furnished. Everyone has strived to make my stay comfortable and pleasant. I highly recommend this as a safe and reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 November 2012

TruthTeller is right, I had the same experience. How can a manager even begin to reply with such lies. Management would have been much better off to have not said anything because anybody would know that who stays here. I looked through the last 4 years of reviews and guests have repeatedly complained about the same issues my daughter and I experienced as well. Stained sticky carpet, dirty sinks and bathrooms, holes in bedding, questionable people and activity going on, tv did not work, no towels, stained pillows, no security lock on the door, plugs not working, stained paint on walls. These are repetative complaints per the reviews. Also, if you had to cut the safety locks off the doors then why haven't they been replaced? As far as the caution tape, you HAVE to pass through it to get to some of the rooms. Why would you assign my daughter and I a room where we have to pass through caution tape if it's a hazardous area? This is not safe! Your lobby is dirty and walls are in fact very peeling. What a mess. I can't believe this place is even franchised. I wonder if Country Hearth Inn even knows just how bad this place makes their name look. Avoid at all cost!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank HonestyAlways534
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Our church has used this fine hotel to help people in an emergency recently. We had families that were displaced due to an unexpected problem. The hotel gave us a good rate and treated the families with kindness and wonderful support while they found new housing. All our guests had wonderful comments about their experiences there. The hotel is conveniently located off I 75 about 3 miles south of Cincinnati. Recommend you stay there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dennis C
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We should have went with our gut instinct as soon as we walked in the door to check in. The check-in "lobby" had dirty carpet, dingy wallpaper that was peeling off the walls, stacks of phone books and papers in a corner, and one table for furniture/decor. Hardly any cars were in the parking lot but the owner/manager told the front desk clerk which room he thought was clean and said he would go inspect it and would be back in a minute. He came back and told the lady behind the front desk to give us 2 bars of soap, she said they only had 1 left. We should have left at that point. We were assigned a room in the back of the building. Ok...the front of the building needs some work but looked ok, when you drive around to the side is when you see the horrible condition the building is in, and when you get to the back it's straight out of a horror flick. We first saw alot of bums hanging around the entrances to the rooms around back, sitting in chairs drinking and smoking, and to put it nicely people who appeared to be renting by the week or either by the hour. We also figured if we were drug addicts we were in the right place to get a quick fix. We found our room number, climbed under 2 caution tapes strung out across the entrance to our room and 10 other rooms, and entered our room. It was musty smelling, the dark carpet was worn and very dirty..and I mean grungy dirty, like sticky dark spots from years and years of neglect. The walls were a dingy yellow, not painted yellow, but dirty and stained. I pulled down the comforter on one of the beds to find it had holes in it as well as the sheets. Under the sheet on the mattress was a dark red/maroon spot..perhaps blood? I pulled back the pillow cases on one of the pillows and they were extremely dirty with yellow stains all over them, like sweat or urine and were so old they were flat, about and inch and a half thick. There was no blanket on the bed, just one sheet and the old bedspead. The bathroom had no towels, horrible condition, and the 1960's faux laminate marble countertop had makeup and finger nail polish stains as well as dark brown stains. Our door had the chain lock broke off, tv did not work, and 1 light had no light bulb. We immediately decided we were not staying and wanted our money back. I could not imagine laying my head on those dirty pillows and using that dingy bedspread to stay warm, let alone the fact of what lurked outside with no security chain on our door. As we opened our room door we met a "maid" who was just walking up to our door, she had a cigarette hanging out of her mouth, an arm full of unfolded towels, and some other "goodies". (I am a smoker but come on peeps...there is a time and place to smoke.) We advised her we were leaving and went back to the front desk. The owner/manager offered us another room, I said hell no I want our money back or I would call the police with the drug activity going on around back. We got our refund and left. This is not an exaggeration and is absolutely the upmost honest truth. I do not stay in fancy hotels and most generally stay in a 3 star or budget hotel/motel, nor am I pretentious. Anyone who gives this place excellent or decent reviews is obviously in ties with the motel either by working there, ownership, or family/friends. If you don't believe me go see for yourself. This is by far the worst accomodations I have ever seen in my life! Also, I would assume they have been undergoing renovations for sometime as other people commented on the caution tape, but that has been months ago! The owner/manager clearly checked out our room before he assigned it to us to make sure it was habitable, in other words not a room that was condemned with mold and he probably knocked down some cob webs. After reading some of the reviews it is also clear that the motel uses the excuse that they are renovating as an excuse for its poor condition, it is obvious the owner is not going to put any money into this place. Oh how I wish I'd taken photos to share!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TruthTellerVisitor
Patsy F, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport - Erlanger, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

This is indeed an extreme exaggeration of the facts. Short and simple, the guests asked for a Smoking room and were displeased with the room and surroundings. Asked for a refund in under 5 mins, we offered a Non-smoking room, but they objected, so a refund was gladly given. They did not go on like this novel to us before they left.

To address their listed issues...first of all, I am not even sure if they remembered our lobby, since it is hardwood floor and has no wallpaper to be peeling. It did have phonebooks, new phonebooks. It was September and we were changing them out in the rooms. Since they mentioned the bar of soap issue, we have cases and cases of them...just not in the front desk area at all times.

Yes, our property was and still is undergoing renovations. These will continue till Winter and pick back up again come Spring. The Caution tape, like most construction sites, indicates a work area and is up to hopefully prevent the guests from walking into the work area and being struck by falling debris. As for the “bums” sitting out back, drinking and smoking...It is a smoking area and they are in front of their rooms. These so-called bums are hard-working, bill-paying, tax-paying workers enjoying their time off from their laborious day. Many are blue-collar workers and calling them “bums” is a bit pretentious.

As for getting a “drug fix” on the property...we would be the first to call Erlanger's Finest to escort anyone off the property we suspect of such a thing!

As for the room condition, this was a Smoking room. These guests were checking in early, so Housekeeping was not completed in all the rooms yet, that is why they had no towels and needed soap. The Smoking rooms have not yet been renovated so they are a bit older looking...A musty smell will be in them from time to time. The sheets are simple damage from previous smokers, cigarette burns, nicotine stains, etc....Try though we might, sheet sets get damaged with stains and burn holes in Smoking Rooms faster than we can replace them.

As for the “chain lock” missing from the door...We have no chain locks in any of the rooms. They all have a secondary deadbolt lock and most have an added flip latch. Some of the flip latches have had to be cut off to get registered guests back in their rooms after being locked out by them. We also have security personnel walking the property during the night hours on the weekends to discourage any mischief.

As for their “threat” of “involving the police” in order to get their money back....no such statement was even uttered, let alone necessary! We did offer them a Non-smoking room to try to appease them, but when they turned it down, we politely gave them their money back and wished them a good day. We even investigated their one complaint that they told to us and took care of the matter immediately.

Please do not feel that this is a common occurrence on our property, for it is NOT. We have hundreds of people that stay every night for weeks and months at a time with no incidents at all. I hope you will let us show you the difference!

Reviewed 18 September 2012

I traveI for a living and I stupidly left a .45 revolver in a room at this hotel due to a rushed checkout. I know, dumbest thing I've ever done. I call back 6 hours later to an extremely unhelpful woman at the desk who takes around 4 hours to get back to me with an answer (I called back every hour also). "Nobody found anything in the room". I told her exactly where I left it and that the police would be involved shortly and got a "That will be just fine". Do not stay here under any circumstances.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bryan K
Reviewed 26 August 2012

They did tell me they were in the process of remodeling, which was very much needed, but the condition was much worse than I expected. The building was wrapped in caution tape, the parking lot and outside walkways were dirty, the parking lot had a large hole where the earth underneath had eroded, the dumpster was overflowing, and I could keep going. Inside the room, it was old and in need of both updating and repair. The shower curtain rod was falling down, the tub drain would not plug, the knob changing the tub faucet from tub to shower was broken, and the sheets had holes in them from cigarette burns. Bed was not the worst I have slept in, but I can't say it was comfortable. Bring your own pillows! You need two of the hotel pillows to make the thickness of a typical pillow. The curtain over the window in the room would not shut completely and to lock the deadbolt took some maneuvering back and forth of the door. The coffee pot and Wi-fi listed on the website were non-existent. There may have been a contenential breakfast, but I was not given any information about it, and after my experience with the room, I did not want to stick around long enough in the morning to inquire about it. The price was good and the manager was accommodating, but I would not be comfortable taking my children there or staying there alone again. The room was fairly clean, but very run down. The place has potential to be a decent place to stay after they are finished remodeling as long as they clean up thoroughly outside and make the needed updated and upgrades inside.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Don't be put off by the rough exterior. This motel is a gem.
The manager, Sadiq, was not disturbed by our super-thorough check for bedbugs.
He watched us with a smile that said "look all you want, you won't find anything."
The sink area and bathroom had been remodeled. They were impressive.
Tim did a great job keeping the rooms clean.
We had a car problem when we checked in. We needed to get on the road the next day.
Robert, the night manager, recommended Bob's Service on Dixie highway.
Tom (who is Bob's son) needed only 43 minutes to listen to my troubles,
diagnose the problem, and fix the car. Hard to believe but true.
Clean, comfortable, bug-free rooms. A helpful staff.
I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Erlanger, KY - Cincinnati Airport
#12 of 28 in Florence
4 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Cincinnati Airport, KY
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger

Been to Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport - Erlanger, KY? Share your experiences!