“Good Fish”

Hungry Pelican
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Fern Creek
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My husband and I chose the scrod dinner from the Senior section - $10.95 included 2 sides. One large piece of hot and delicate crusted scrod came on each order. The baked potato came hot. The green beans were good but needed more seasoning. Instead of a hushpuppy we asked for a roll. It was soft and good. My husband had onion straws which he loves. I don't know if the tarter sauce is homemade, but it is good. There is a mustard sauce that is good too.The restaurant has been around for many years. (There used to be several others but they closed so this is the only one left.) An update to the inside is needed but still offers character. We were there on Friday night and were seated right away.

There are newer reviews for Hungry Pelican

Reviewed 28 May 2012

This is a place where you can get good fish for a good price. They have several specials, including all you can eat. Meals are prepared fresh. Service is good. Definitely give it a try.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Went here with my family expecting decent fish. Instead we got overcooked tuna, overly season stuffed shrimp and average breaded fried fish. For the prices I could have gone and gotten a good steak instead of mediocre fish. The restaurant is desparately in needed up renovation to bring it out of the 70's. The booths are so soft I think they have been in the restaurant that long. Don't go here expecing real seafood.

Reviewed 22 December 2008

I am not a big "fish" person but my husband loves it, so we checked out the Hungry Pelican and I was very pleasantly surprised. I had the white fish platter with slaw and fries. I love cole slaw and I must say this was one of the best ever. If you get a chance to eat at the Hungry Pelican, please do. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 22 December 2008

Great /white fish!!

I had the opportunity to visit Kentucky . I live in the panhandle of Florida were fish is fresh and seafood is the main item on the menu. So when I visited ,the Hungry Pelican ,I tried the white fish. Much to my surprize it was some of the best fish I have ever eaten. The side items were great and if you can , save room for desserts ,which are home made. 5 stars!!