“Modern, new & clean”

Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Paoli, Indiana
“Modern, new & clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

My family stayed here for one night to attend a Reds game and were pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean and we loved the cool decor. The beds were very comfortable, not rock-hard like most hotels. The bathroom was very modern and we liked the shower. The breakfast was really good and plentiful. We also were able to check in early (at noon!) which was convenient for us. Overall this hotel is a very good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Just outside Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

The tripadvisor reviews were were on target again - a very nice place to stay.

The hotel is only 18 months old and it looks good! The rooms are spiffy, fun (for a hotel) and peaceful quiet.

The decor of this hotel matches some very fine - upscale hotels in major cities. Excellent job that those Springhill designers did here in Florence, KY. And the breakfast bar is pretty decent too!

Go ahead and stay here. I think that you will be very pleased!

• Stayed July 2010
nascar99fan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

Stayed here over the weekend for our anniversary. The day we got there, an accident had hit a transformer, causing the power to go out, but the hotel staff (including housekeeping) was making sure everyone was ok. Power was out for a couple hours and it was still cool inside. After power came back on, hotel staff came through making sure everyone was ok and that their key cards still worked.

We didn't use the pool, it is extremely small! Breakfast was really good, although again, the eating area is really small. Seemed like both nights we stayed the hotel was fully booked.

We requested early check-in and an upper level room and received both. Beds are really comfortable and we never heard noise from any other rooms. Water pressure in the shower was excellent! We would definitely stay here again - probably the next time we go to KY for a NASCAR race!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
DETROIT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

Back to Springhill suites for a stay while visiting relatives in nearby Covington. I was given a room on the first floor right next to the door that goes into the parking lot. So I had to hear that click and lots of foot traffic in and out all night. As being a Marriott member I have all my Favorites marked in my file. However, this time around I got none of them. I always have marked....High floor, early check in, extra pillows and extra towels. Out of the 4 I got 1. Extra pillows. I did arrive later than I usually do, so the early check in wasn't needed.

The hotel was a madhouse. I'm sure that had a lot to do with it being the holiday. But the hotel front desk should have been ready for that. The hotel was taken over by one huge family that made it impossible to enjoy a cup of coffee in the lobby. They were loud, wore way to much perfume and stunk the place up as I had heard other guests make the same remarks about the perfume. They would meet down in the lobby and make the whole place just crazy. And getting to the front desk for service was impossible. I called the front desk to ask a question and when they didn't pick up I walked down there and turned right back around. I could see why. One person behind the desk was trying to handle everything. Too bad.

But the room was comfy. Clean and well stocked. The A/C cranked it out as it was really hot that weekend. The breakfast in the morning was great as long as you got down there before some of the families staying there. As they assumed the food for breakfast was theirs to take after eating. So instead of taking a banana or something for later, they'd just clean out whatever they could get their hands on. No class.

I know this was no fault of the hotel what so ever. BUT, not having enough help is not cool. But I will stay there again, as I love the hotel, it's location and the reasonable price of the rooms.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

We stayed here in April. 2010 The room was excellent, nice desk, good flat screen TV, and it had a small refrigerator. The front desk staff was very pleasant. We also got a good rate on the Marriott website.

The only slight negative about this hotel was that the indoor pool was ridiculously small, but my kids still had a nice swim.

For dinner, we walked over to a Mexican grill right next door, I'm sorry I forget the name but the food there was good AND reasonably priced.

We went up to Newport on the Levee, and used a Restaurant dot Com coupon for the Gameworks there, which I was able to print out at their mini-business center. The Gameworks place was practically empty on a Sunday afternoon, and we had a good time. There was a silly "Deal or No Deal" game my wife liked, but the best game was a four person air hockey table. I don't think I have ever seen such a huge air hockey table,
and it was a ton of fun for all four of us to play at the same time.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

Stayed in this hotel 4 nights in early May, 2010. Room is pleasant, well laid out and very comfortable. It is more modern in layout but has the standard Marriott problem of not being well lit. The room I got was clean, in good repair, quiet and included an 'L' shaped couch, an 36" LCD TV and a fridge and microwave. The hotel is located right at the Turfway race track and central to southern Cincinnati and Florence KY. It's just a few minutes from the Interstate and about 10 minutes from CVG airport. They offer a free breakfast buffet that includes breakfast meant (sausages, bacon, etc.) eggs, cereal, porridge, bagels and muffins, juice, coffee, etc.

My only gripe with the hotel is its *very* spotty Internet service. Speed fluctuate wildly. The service is only wireless and EthoStream.com (the provider) likes to shut down my connection nightly at about 9:30pm. You must click through their online agreement (after they redirected your web site and broken your link to your mail server) and then WAIT 5-10 minutes for their system to re-assign you a DHCP lease and grant you permission to use their firewall. Called their tech support but gave up after their system finally let me back on.

I strongly dislike hotel Internet service in general and especially iBahn for such practices (interrupting you in the middle of work). Now I can add EthoStream to my list of hotel Internet providers who annoy rather than empower. It is beyond my why hotels pay internet providers to put systems in place that aggrivate the hotel's customers.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Midland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

My family and I visited the Ohio/Kentucky area for spring break and decided to stay at the Springhill Suites in Florence, Kentucky. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room we received and the price was very economical for a family of five.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank saralove2us
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
#3 of 26 in Florence
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South

Been to SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South? Share your experiences!