“Needs the phone number for the exterminator”

Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Trabuco Canyon, California
“Needs the phone number for the exterminator”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

If you like bugs than this Is the place for you. I however am not a huge fan of 2 inch long thousand leg bugs running around my room. However, I have seen three already tonight not counting the dead ones inside the pictures. Really horrible. They can crawl around in the stained comforter that doesn't look like it has been washed in month that is on the floor. I won't be back here again nor will I revisit the brand.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SalesVP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel blew my expectations out of the water. We stayed for one night with 2 adults and 5 kids (4 over age 4 and one age 18mos). We had the 1 brm 2 Qn bed ste with a kitchen. There was plenty of space in the bedroom for our pack n' play. Plus the kids had a tv in the room and us a tv in the LR. The sofa bed was as comfortable as expected, so we moved our two youngest to that bed when we were ready to sleep. The complimentary dinner was very good (Asian beef and veggies with rice, steamed broc and carrots, rolls, salad) AND it came with complimentary wine and beer! The pool was small but nice and clean. I love the style of this hotel: it's very modern. The kitchen had a microwave, toaster, pots, pans, utensils, 2 brnr stove and fridge/freezer. The complimentary breakfast was very good: they served cheese omelettes, sausage links, fried pots, cereal, fruit, pastries, bagels. The "putt-putt" was actually just one putting green with five holes in it, but the kids still had fun. This hotel has a good location. There are plenty of places to eat if you want to go out. There is also a mall just across the street and many other shopping centers including Walmart and Kroger. We will absolutely stay here again! The best deal is if you book far enough in advance, you get a $30 discount at least. In any other hotel, our large family would have been required to get 2 hotel rooms and it wouldn't have been nearly as nice as this place. Best value for a large family!

1 Thank Rachel V
Milton, Ontario
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our family with four children ages 10-2 stayed overnight on our return trip from Florida. The good: Hospitable front desk. Open area off the elevator gave a great sense of spaciousness. Two bedroom suite was large and accommodated us very well. Clean and pleasant decor. The pool, looked nice and was open late. The not-so-good: A notice was left in the room saying that if we didn't consider our experience a "10" we should contact front desk and they would be happy to address any problems immediately. I guess I could have called down to say that the kitchenette only stocked a service for four and the room slept 8. But we had some paper plates and made due. Unfortunately, the other negative things occurred spontaneously: The bedroom clock displayed the wrong time and we couldn't adjust it. So I unplugged it and called for a wake-up call for 8am. The call came at 6:55am. Sigh. We went down for the complimentary breakfast 45 minutes before it closed to find, well, almost no food. 3 of the 4 cereal containers were empty, there was no milk, no pastries, no toast, little fruit. The hot items: bacon, potatoes and a quiche were stocked. A very sweet and hard-working attendant apologized that she had been overrun by patrons and couldn't keep up with the demand. But then she went on to clear tables instead of restocking food. I didn't see a microwave to warm up pastries. I would stay here again, because I think...I hope..the problems were unusual. Besides, the jazz piped in over the entranceway, soothed my cares away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JocP
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Large rooms. Awesome shower. Decent internet. Breakfast included is above average for the area. Other brands could learn from them. Supper also included most week nights. Including free beer and wine. Not horrible, considering its free.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I were going to the Creation Museum and decided to stay 2 nights so I chose Homewood Suites because they were spacious and in my price range. The front desk clerk was very friendly and knowledgeable. He also let me know they had discount tickets available for the museum. The room was spacious. I had booked online and they had a handicapped accessible room reserved(which doesn't happen all the time when you book online). The living area was plenty for the two of us. The bathroom was small but it was HC accessible. The room was very clean. The one thing that we found that didn't work were the bathroom fans. We inquired at the desk and they said they would have maintenance come up but when we returned later, it was the same. The free breakfast had many choices, hot and cold. The food was tasty.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Albany, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Beautiful Hotel. Spacious and clean two bedroom suites. There was only two things that I found wrong with this hotel; #1. Stink Bug Infestation! #2. A Manager that seemed not to care! My family and I drove in all the way from Canada. Checked in late, ate and got ready for bed. We were very tired when all of the sudden we noticed stink bugs crawling all over the place! They started coming out of the light covers, the vents and the AC unit. They were everywhere!!! A scene right out of a horror movie I tell you!!! Needless to say, I would've felt better sleeping outside! If you stay here, I would urge you to call first and ask if the sting bug "Infestation" problem has been taken care of first. Trust me!!!

Jeffersonville, Indiana
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife, nine year old daughter and I enjoyed our stay here.

It was roughly half of what a regular hotel room in the city would have cost and had a kitchenette and was only 10 minutes or so from downtown.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

The hotel was clean and very nice inside. Our room was big and had a good bed.

The surrounding area has many chain restaurants and stores.

Like others have noted, the breakfast was the only thing I could see this hotel improving on.

We would choose this place again if we were to return to Cincinnati

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
#3 of 28 in Florence
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger

Been to Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence? Share your experiences!