“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Atmore, Alabama
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Our family stayed here after traveling 10 hours. The room was nice. The service from the front desk was exceptional. I loved having a king room for me and my husband, and still having my family with me. We did not have to get 2 rooms. The beds were comfortable, there were plenty of pillows. The front desk called after check-in to see if we found everything we needed. The view was not bad either. We looked out into a patch of woods, I found myself looking to see wildlife out the window.

My family went shopping at the nearby mall while we rested. The front desk helped us by giving us options and menus of places that delivered.

Next time I travel to Cincinnati, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: There were 5 in our family, we got a 2 room suite for less than we could get two rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Buda, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I loved the level of service I received from this hotel. I will go back. The room was very clean and the lobby looked great with the entire Christmas decor. Over all the hotel is great. I will be coming to this hotel for every business issues I have in Florence.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Springfield, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

The Homewood is a nice Suite Style hotel. I only stay at Hilton Properties and the Homewood is always the most bang for your buck. This Homewood also has a deal with LA Fitness so you can show them your key card and it acts as a day pass. Also you are right behind Walmart, 5 minutes to the mall and resturantes everywhere. Perfect spot.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Overall it's a decent hotel from a price paid for the room/service received perspective. But could be just bad luck getting a room with the dead bolt broken, and no house-keeping/cleaning during my stay because it was "overlooked" and "lack of house keeping staff".

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I booked a room at this Homewood Suites for my family and I during the holiday weekend. We visited a local attraction and stayed the evening to visit another local attraction the next day. I have stayed in many hotels across North America and Europe and this while being a very nicely appointed location was beginning to show signs of neglect. The initial suite that my family and I checked into had an overpowering smoke smell, I contacted the front desk to be moved. The next suite was only a studio suite even though I had booked a one bedroom suite, this while supposedly non smoking had a cigarette pack laying in the chair at the dining table. I then went to the front desk and spoke with the manager to get yet another room for my family. This room was satisfactory although the heating and air did not function correctly which did not allow for a good nights rest at all. The next morning we went down for breakfast expecting the usual hot breakfast from Homewood Suites. This was not the case for this morning as all of the food was at best lukewarm, the toaster only worked on one side, and the juices were all warm as well. I would believe that if the health department were to have shown up that morning the whole restaurant would have been closed immediately for failing to follow the guidelines for temperatures int he foods. As I said in the beginning this was a very nice property but seems to be poorly managed to say the least. I won't be returning to this hotel anytime in the future and will warn others to stay away from it as well.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask upon check-in whether or not your room is "non-smoking" even if previousl...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SEKY214
Spring Creek, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed at the Homewood Suites and really enjoyed our visit. The price is a little higher than other places I have stayed in, but the front desk tried to find me a discount with the other places we were going to.The beds are very comfortable and very clean. Free breakfast was very good and made a nice start to the day. The staff was extremely helpful and very friendly.

Florence, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were traveling on 11/17 when there were 81 tornadoes touching down across the midwest. A violent wind hit us in the parking lot, but once we were inside the hotel we couldn't even hear the storm. We felt safe and monitored the weather reports on the televisions in our room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
#3 of 26 in Florence
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger

Been to Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence? Share your experiences!