“No one works there after 10pm.”

Ashley Quarters Hotel
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were trying to check in and our key that we unlocked from the lock box would not fit the door... No one was at the desk, there was a note with a number to call but no one would answer. Had three very tired kids... What a mess! It is 9:30 am the following morning and I am still unable to reach anyone to process our refund!!! Worst experience ever!!!! Who's ever heard of a hotel where there is no staff on site????

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Michael P

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel was nice and room was large and clean. The pool was probably the best hotel pool I have been to excluding pools at the beach. Continental breakfast was nice. My kids checked out DVDs from the front office. We were close to shopping and restaurants. I will definitely stay again. The only downside is that you have to use a physical metal key to open doors. I just felt like I was going to lose it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We'd stayed the week of July 4th because we were relocating. Double room was nice, and big. I understand they don't have full service cleaning every day, but we didn't even get the daily "light touch" clean. I think only 1 day out of four that we were there, they came and changed the towels and took the trash out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this room due to the great reviews on this site. I booked the room at 5:30 pm and we arrived at 6:30 pm. There was no one in the office. I called the helped number and I actually talked to an on call staff member. He did not know how to check anyone in. He tried calling his manager several times with no luck. I finally called Expedia and they said that there was nothing they could do. The on call said he would take my credit card and put me in a temporary room but I didn't want him to keep my credit card. I left and just went home. I called Sunday to make sure they cancelled my reservation and the woman I spoke to was very rude and proceeded to tell me that I never had a reservation even though I have the email that says my reservation was confirmed. I very rarely stay in hotels or write reviews but this was ridiculous. It should be explained that this place does not have 24/7 check in services. I rated it as terrible simply because the check in was a nightmare, I didn't even get a room, and I wasted two hours of my day for absolutely nothing.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brittany J
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We booked a stay at Ashley Quarters while visiting family living nearby. When we arrived, hotel staff were unable to find our reservation in their system. However, they were able to give us a room meeting our needs. This is a suite type hotel somewhat geared to the extended stay traveler. We had a living room, full kitchen, and bedroom area with king size bed. There was a sofa bed in the living room area as well. Our only negative comment is the lack of towel rods in the bathroom mentioned in an earlier review. Other than that, everything was fine. Overall - an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This place is great. We had only two complaints, both relatively minor: First, there are no towel racks at all in the bathroom, only one hook behind the bathroom door. Very strange, and when there is more than one person staying, you have to drape one towel over the shower door to dry it sufficiently to use again. Secondly, the complimentary breakfast is, to put it gently, very disappointing. The coffee was weak and not very good. The orange juice was thin and watery. There were a few apples and some bread/doughnut products, but all in all, not a very good breakfast either in choice or quality. But, otherwise, we completely enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again when we return to Northern Kentucky. The room was quiet and comfortable. They have complimentary DVD movies you can check out. We didn't use the pool or the barbecue, but they looked inviting. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location is good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The room I stayed in was large, comfortable, and had a full kitchen. The king-size bed was also large and comfortable. Since I don't usually need the front desk, I wasn't bothered by the limited hours someone was there. I didn't do the free breakfast, but would like to come back to try the free Wednesday night get-together! Some might not like the lack of "attention" (limited front desk hours, limited cleaning on longer stays, etc) BUT personally I perfer the privacy this hotel offers. I would definately stay again AND recommend to friends. Worthwhile CREATION MUSEUM package! Stay and you'll be back...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo