“Pleasant stay. Breakfast pleased my boyfriend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersBronze level
Morehead, Kentucky
“Pleasant stay. Breakfast pleased my boyfriend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was a good hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out was no problem. I liked that on the weekends 1200 was the checkout time. Though I did not get to eat breakfast, my boyfriend said he really liked it. He said the breakfast had eggs, sausage, bacon, yogurt, oatmeal, strawberries, muffins, a variety of bagels, and waffles to name a few. I didn't get to go to the pool. By the time we had went to the aquarium our 4 year-old was pooped. The bed was comfortable. The room temp was easy to control. There was not much to watch on television, but we found some movies on ABC family. The shower and toiler room was fairly small but the water pressure was good. We had the pull out sofa. Worked well for our daughter. I would stay again. It was better than Springhill Suites. Although I thought it was very nice, my boyfriend hated breakfast and the bed. So those were deal breakers. If you're being very choosy about a place to stay, this is a good option. I didn't sleep the best because our little girl woke up disoriented when trying to make it to the bathroom. Otherwise, could have a slept all day. Clean, friendly staff, indoor pool, and good breakfast.

Room Tip: Stayed in 303. Seemed like a quiet room. It's by the airport. Don't be surprised to hear the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I were attending a conference in Covington, Ky. This location was excellent and only took 15-20 minutes to get to the Northern KY Conference Center. We had never stayed at a Hyatt Place. We were impressed with the quality of the hotel, in general, and especially in our room. Granite counter tops, crisp sheets, spacious and intelligent room layout. We will definitely stay there again anytime we go to Cinn. Ohio, or Northern Ky. Breakfast was hot and offered a variety of choices. We like the option of purchasing something to eat on-site if desired.

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor away from the elevators.
Green Features: From what I read this seems to be an eco friendly hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissionMom
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay for three nights while visiting local friends. The public areas of the hotel were very clean. Our room was clean and immaculate each day. We enjoyed the breakfast bar each morning. The food was fresh with a good selection of items. Hot breakfast sandwiches were delicious and made up a few at a time as necessary so that they did not sit a long time. The coffee was really good! The room we had was spacious and very welcoming. The beds were comfortable and provided a good nights rest. The staff was friendly and kind and made us feel at home. If your preference is a roomy bathroom and shower in your room, that is the one downfall to this otherwise gracious and beautiful hotel. Although clean to perfection, the bathroom is rather small and confining. Would we come again? Yes, indeed, without hesitation!

Room Tip: 6th floor is the top floor; quiet and nice facing the front of the building. A handicap accessible...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ChasP165
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel and again it was a good experience. The staff is friendly and helpful. I even witnessed the manager helping a woman in a wheelchair get her breakfast. They serve a few hot items like waffles, eggs, and sausage, along with cereals, bagels, donuts, etc. We went to the pool once and the water is heated. Our room was clean, except for a hair my husband found on his towel. I only had a couple complaints. One was that we were placed on the top floor, a request my 4 year old made at check in. I did think it was very nice that they actually listened to him though. I normally wouldn't care what floor we were on, but this hotel is very close to the airport. During our first visit, we were on a lower floor and I don't remember even noticing the planes, but on the top floor I could hear them flying over loud and clear at all hours. I'll remember this for next time. The second complaint was trying to get some dim lighting at night so the room wasn't completely dark. The best way to just let a little light into the room was to use the bathroom light and close the door most of the way, but when you turn on the bathroom light, the vent automatically comes on. It would be nice if it were 2 separate switches. Overall, my family had a great stay here and we would still stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a lower floor to hear less plane noise
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Battle Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here again on our way to Tennessee. This time they served morning breakfast however. We took advantage of this as it does pay these days to save $$ anyway you can. The room was very clean and quiet. Even though we were put in a room right in front of the elevator, it was very quiet. Our pillows were very comfortable as was the bed and bedding. The desk staff were all very friendly and professional as were all the service staff we encountered. The dining area was very crowded when we arrived for breakfast, but the breakfast staff kept the line running quickly and food filled up and hot. The hotel manager was right in the dining area keeping things moving along and keeping things cleaned up. They had an overflow area in a conference room because it was so crowded and we were able to find an area to dine in there. Our overall stay was very satisfying and we will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for an overnight trip / weekend getaway recently. We generally enjoy staying at Hyatt Place Hotels, and this property is no exception. Great location! Friendly, helpful, and courteous staff. Plus, and as always a clean and comfortable room. The breakfast was hot and fresh even though we didn't make it down to the breakfast area until 9:30 am. This Hyatt Place is one of the nicer ones that we have had the pleasure of visiting. Coffee here is amazing too! Thanks!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Caeur D Alene
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Great place. The Hyatt never disappoints me. Front desk staff was friendly and receptive even though I arrived at 1 am.

Good parking. Fresh food available. I love the Swiss and jam hero they have.

Breakfast was good although I always think the coffee seems a bit over done.

Rooms are very clean.
Love the decoration.
Fantastic bed which is the most important part.
Internet was fast.

I was disappointed a bit by the sink not draining well. Which cost them a star.

Great choice

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
#3 of 26 in Florence
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger

Been to Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence? Share your experiences!